• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WANTED: Ariel 17" BOX *** Any deboxers out there want to sell their box?? ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
WANTED: Ariel 17" BOX *** Any deboxers out there want to sell their box?? ***

PinkGrits

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed out on the Ariel 17" pre-sale and ended up having to purchase mine from the vultures on eBay. I paid almost $300 for a doll that came with the plastic film of the box busted on both sides. I am not a deboxer so was very upset to see this. If there are any deboxers out there that would like to sell me your box, please let me know.

Thanks!

That's awful, sorry that happened to you... but you should claim ebay buyer's protection on that doll and have the money refunded to you. They are going for cheaper than that now too and get a new one.

I would also do that PinkGrits. Open a claim and demand a refund, you should be able to get it with the extent of the damage. I've had to do this before as well. I was able to get a full refund on my doll and I sent the doll back. Also check and see if the seller bought full coverage on your doll. If the seller bought full coverage you can file a claim and most likely get your money back as well. I've had to do that as well.

If you have any questions about the process please feel free to PM me! I've done this several times (unfortunately) so I've been becoming a pro...

Thanks for the advice tht303 and MAP. I don't know why I didn't think about eBay's Buyers Protection. I was just looking into how I open a case and it is asking me if the problem was with shipping or not. The problem is, the box that it came in looks completely untarnished. It also looks like the seller never opened it when they got it from Disney. I don't think the seller actually even knew there was a problem. It seems like it may have been Disney's fault; although I can't get any resolution from them obviously since I didn't purchase it through them. We shall see what happens. That would be great if I could return it and purchase another one.

Thanks for the advice tht303 and MAP. I don't know why I didn't think about eBay's Buyers Protection. I was just looking into how I open a case and it is asking me if the problem was with shipping or not. The problem is, the box that it came in looks completely untarnished. It also looks like the seller never opened it when they got it from Disney. I don't think the seller actually even knew there was a problem. It seems like it may have been Disney's fault; although I can't get any resolution from them obviously since I didn't purchase it through them. We shall see what happens. That would be great if I could return it and purchase another one.

Yeah just list it as an Item as not described case... You can upload the pictures into your message to the seller/ebay to show even though it's new it's not in mint condition. I had this happened before and returned it with no problem. The seller was persistent on letting me take the fall but ebay resolution center took my side since obviously it's not new if it's damaged like that.

Also it is the seller's responsibility to check for damage BEFORE sending it to you. If they didn't check it then you can list it as, "an item not as described" because they listed it as "new". The only way the seller can get around that is if they list it as such, "still in shipping box, never opened so I am unaware of any damage." If they didn't state that then you can file the claim and win your case. It is a pain but it is better you get a doll that is not damaged. Plus, like tht303 mentioned, Ariel is going for way cheaper on eBay now so you would be able to get her at a better price than what you paid.

Hi, sorry to hear about your doll :(. I personally would contact the seller first and inform him of how the doll arrived. It's my personal experience that sometimes the seller will work with you with out involving eBay. Like a partial refund and you keep the doll or a full refund upon a return. Now if that fails, then I will open a case through eBay. Good luck & hope it all works out for the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back