• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Warms my heart......

ZAPPED! Warms my heart......

Tbird

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Ok...I'm going to get a little mushy now, lol. I recently sent out like 4 or 5 Zaps and some of the people sent me PM's back thanking me and others put up posts about them thanking me. One of the people Mike (Hightopninja) made a post thanking me and then replied again in the post thanking me again.
It makes me feel really touched that I could brighten someones day. I know that they weren't "Grail" pins but these people still loved them and it made me feel so good that these pins put a smile on their faces.
I have given many pins out to kids at the parks and also at some of the pin events that I have attended and it makes me feel so good watching their faces light up when I hand it to them.

I think this Zapping thing and also the RAK Attacks are such a cool idea!!

Ok....ok....enough of that mushy stuff.....how about those Steelers!!! :lol:

Honestly, I think zapping is one of the best things about this hobby. I've done my fair share of zapping, and I can't tell you how many times I get a thank you note letting me know how much it was needed because someone was having a bad day, week, even month, and, however temporary, the zap brings a smile to their face. It isn't about what you zap, it's that you zap -- that you thought about the person, took the time to look through their interests, maybe found something they wanted, and otherwise, just added something to their ammo to get something they want in the future, run to the post office, incur shipping costs, no strings attached, and most of the time, for no reason!

I love getting those little notes, or reading on those posts, how one of my zaps really made a person's day. If I could have even a small positive influence or effect on a person, then that's what I want to do!!

Keep it up, brother!!

PS - Steelers? :nono: Go Dolphins!!

Last edited:
I love Zapping too ^_^! Even though my zaps are quite small, its really nice feeling to brighten someones day with a heartfelt zap :)

Okay Tony and Alex, I have tried to warn people in the past that zapping is a very selfish thing. The feeling you get when you know you made somebody's day is amazing. It is also very addicting. Welcome to my world brothers!!!

Go SEAHAWKS

Okay Tony and Alex, I have tried to warn people in the past that zapping is a very selfish thing. The feeling you get when you know you made somebody's day is amazing. It is also very addicting. Welcome to my world brothers!!!

Go SEAHAWKS

Your right David, it is very addicting. It's a great feeling to put a smile on someones face with a Zap. (You will find out very soon how to smile....Team Zagales Rules!!!!!!)

You are awesome Tony, and such a wonderful asset to DPF!!! :D I am so happy to have you and your positive energy around, and am very privileged to be able to call you my friend! :) It was so amazingly kind of you to send out a little sunshine into people's lives!!! :bigthumb: It is people like you who make this community the wonderful place it is for us all! :hug:

I have been blessed by some generous zaps in the past. But I cannot wait to have enough "fun money"/good enough pins to properly Zap someone myself. I will get there eventually...

This hobby is not cheap and trading is difficult when you don't have a lot of LE pins. It's so awesome to be able to help someone by either zapping them a pin they themselves want or a good LE pin they can zap to someone else or use as a trader. I love doing zaps, RAKs and zap games.

And as always, David, we are on different teams. GO BRONCOS

You are awesome Tony, and such a wonderful asset to DPF!!! :D I am so happy to have you and your positive energy around, and am very privileged to be able to call you my friend! :) It was so amazingly kind of you to send out a little sunshine into people's lives!!! :bigthumb: It is people like you who make this community the wonderful place it is for us all! :hug:

Thank you so much for all the kind words Nate!! You have me turning red right now....lol. You know, I have been a part of alot of pin trading forums over the past 14 years that I have been in this great hobby. I have met so many nice people through them and they were all very fun to be a part of but I will have to say that this forum by far has the greatest bunch of people I have ever met, it kinda feels almost like a family to me. People talk about the good things that happen to them and the bad things also and everyone seems to join in and talk about it with them, weather it is consoling them or congratulating them. We even get to talk about pins sometimes!!! :lol:

Pretty cool group of people if you ask me!
I just feel privileged being a part of the group!!

Getting the Zap has redoubled my efforts into getting a few sent out as well. :) And I will thank you a third, fourth, and possibly fifth time for sending me my first zap. Tony, you are awesome.

And please..Go E-A-G-L-E-S!

I love zapping but I have to pick and choose carefully because postage costs too and we live very frugally. I am working on one right now and really hope it pulls through! Be afraid.... be VERY afraid! MMMUUUAAAAHHHHHH! LOL

Go SEAHAWKS

I love zapping people!

PS Seahawks were lucky David and go Chargers!

Honestly, I think zapping is one of the best things about this hobby. I've done my fair share of zapping, and I can't tell you how many times I get a thank you note letting me know how much it was needed because someone was having a bad day, week, even month, and, however temporary, the zap brings a smile to their face. It isn't about what you zap, it's that you zap -- that you thought about the person, took the time to look through their interests, maybe found something they wanted, and otherwise, just added something to their ammo to get something they want in the future, run to the post office, incur shipping costs, no strings attached, and most of the time, for no reason!

I love getting those little notes, or reading on those posts, how one of my zaps really made a person's day. If I could have even a small positive influence or effect on a person, then that's what I want to do!!

Keep it up, brother!!

PS - Steelers? :nono: Go Dolphins!!

This hobby is not cheap and trading is difficult when you don't have a lot of LE pins. It's so awesome to be able to help someone by either zapping them a pin they themselves want or a good LE pin they can zap to someone else or use as a trader. I love doing zaps, RAKs and zap games.

And as always, David, we are on different teams. GO BRONCOS

Getting the Zap has redoubled my efforts into getting a few sent out as well. :) And I will thank you a third, fourth, and possibly fifth time for sending me my first zap. Tony, you are awesome.

And please..Go E-A-G-L-E-S!

All these replies and not one Steeler fan......I HATE YOU ALL!!!!! :naughty::naughty:

I have sent out a few zaps myself, and I still like to think that they have helped those members in some way even if they don't say so, because I know the zaps I received have helped me get through a rough day/week/whatever. I think zapping is far more than just sending someone a pin; I think zapping is sending a spark (zap) to someone's heart. It may not be anything big or expensive, but the meaning to the zap in immeasurable. Zaps get me all fuzzy inside :3

Go STEELERS (Dolphins are a close second, though ;) )

Zaps are fabulous! I try my hardest to include a zap for a individual that I am trading with. I just enjoy it so much. I also have zapped random people when I've been at WDW as well. It is a spectacular feeling, knowing you made someone smile. :) Thank you to all the zappers out there, for your generosity and overwhelming kindness is above all, the very essence of Disney magic! :)

I have sent out a few zaps myself, and I still like to think that they have helped those members in some way even if they don't say so, because I know the zaps I received have helped me get through a rough day/week/whatever. I think zapping is far more than just sending someone a pin; I think zapping is sending a spark (zap) to someone's heart. It may not be anything big or expensive, but the meaning to the zap in immeasurable. Zaps get me all fuzzy inside :3

Go STEELERS (Dolphins are a close second, though ;) )

Yaaaaaa.... finally a Steelers fan!!

Back