• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Warning possible scrapper alert!!!

How would you want it posted for "Scrapper alerts"

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning possible scrapper alert!!!

Grumpy74

Grumpy Rule's Chernabog!
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Now that I have your attention tell me ain't you tired of seeing this? I am just venting not here to start anything. I am so tired of the scrapper alerts on pinpics & other sites. Does anyone ever get there hands on a random error or a pin made with a different batch color mix? Just posting that there should be a general scrapper guideline & it be up to the individual to check out the pin before trade.

As a beginner, I find the scrapper alerts VERY useful. Most of the time, it will tell me exactly what to look for to tell if it's a scrapper (i.e. very slightly different colored hair). These are things I wouldn't have noticed unless someone pointed it out.

Yes we got a error pins at the Disney Soda Fountain this Saturday ,we found 6 (they let us go thur the whole box ) and there were only 6 out of the Le 300 Chip & dale w/Clarice PIN.
Chip has a white nose ( not black)

The problem is too many people have gotten paranoid and cry scrapper when the pin is not. I've had two pins returned to me as "scrappers" when the pins were 100% legit (I bought them myself directly from Disney), they just didn't have the same backing card as I didn't ever keep them for my pins as no one cared about that in the early days of pin trading. This person then proceeded to put a Scrapper alert on one of these pins on Pinpics. I had to have the mods remove the alert as it was not true.

I also find it very useful to see what to look out for on each pin. I think as long as people also post when they are erros so that people have ALL of the information then it works.

I recently posted on a pin that I had bought from WDW that it had lots of dips in the paint and now people know that they might not be scrappers - just made that way.

the think I dont like about scrapper alerts is there are always people putting scrapper alerts on pins that ALREADY have a scrapper warning and its like really whats the point. In my opinion if its got a warning then there is no need to bump it to the whats new section.

I agree with you guys each everyone of you have good points. I am already talking with a mod over this (Not that it will help,lol...). Disney will reproduce a pin sometimes not all the time & say they use a different company to make them from the original company, how much are you willing to bet a scrapper alert will be posted simply because the color is not the original from oh say in the ball park 5 years ago. I personally feel that posting scrappers should be scrutinized case by case basis but I do understand that may cause more work for the volunteers of pin pics but as I was once told for my pin FB page if you do this you must keep it up in order to help the pin community. =)

Perfect ex-sample look on "Pin Comparison" under this topic;
Fake Scar Pin?

Good question he posted but look at the pics as well both legit pins but in the back of his mind he wondering are they scrappers do the mods on pin pics know, ect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back