• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Was anyone able to get the Princess Designer Couples Pin Set from DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone able to get the Princess Designer Couples Pin Set from DS?
Li, I know of 5 total, including mine that have shipped/are active still. These are all that I know of. I am sure your two is counted in my count as well. Are these the 5 sets from behind the counter that were unclaimed by wristband holders? They world may never know!!

And thank you guys! I am hoping it actually shows up! :) So much anxiety, I don't think this is healthy!

Li, I know of 5 total, including mine that have shipped/are active still. These are all that I know of. I am sure your two is counted in my count as well. Are these the 5 sets from behind the counter that were unclaimed by wristband holders? They world may never know!!

And thank you guys! I am hoping it actually shows up! :) So much anxiety, I don't think this is healthy!

We will never know....lol.

So your 5, 2 of which I had counted in my group. So, 7 total so far. Hmm, maybe we should start comparing order times?

Maybe there's actually 55 from ds.com waiting to be shipped? I wonder if I should call to complain now and get a $20 gift card ;)

Last edited:
It's great to hear some good news out of all the tension over this collection and the mess at the D23 Expo. Congratulations to all who will be receiving this set at cost! :)

Nah I meant 5 total, my 5 include your 2. I think! xD No one wants to name themselves, and with good reason, I am sure there will be some anger about all of this.

I think mine went through around 12:03 or so (3:03 my time).

And I do think it is possible that more may go through. It is so hard to say right now. But based on the reports from the expo, we have some sets that are MIA! :O

Nah I meant 5 total, my 5 include your 2. I think! xD No one wants to name themselves, and with good reason, I am sure there will be some anger about all of this.

I think mine went through around 12:03 or so (3:03 my time).

And I do think it is possible that more may go through. It is so hard to say right now. But based on the reports from the expo, we have some sets that are MIA! :O

Hmm, does that mean they will somehow reappear at another expo? Or maybe online? ugh, decisions decisions on whether to stay up at midnight every Sunday for the foreseeable future. :lol:

I wonder if any So Cal folks got any online.

Hmm, does that mean they will somehow reappear at another expo? Or maybe online? ugh, decisions decisions on whether to stay up at midnight every Sunday for the foreseeable future. :lol:

I wonder if any So Cal folks got any online.

One must wonder if the UK may be getting a handful as well....? Very perplexing. I want to know where they all are! Lol

One must wonder if the UK may be getting a handful as well....? Very perplexing. I want to know where they all are! Lol

Me too! I saw that thread about the pins (or maybe dolls, depends on whether UK was mistaken) in the UK. Makes me wonder if the LE is really 250

I'm curious if more will pop up on DS.com too. Do they normally just release their new stuff on Sunday nights or can it happen anytime? I hate thinking of the small chance that there might be a very small quantity of them up there again when I'm not aware!

3 people on the other forum have confirmed that they received shipping notifications.

so, confirmed 8 so far?!

did you know the direct link to the pins before it actually went live? is that how you were able to order at 3:03? glad somebody is getting them!!!

I'm so happy I spent 10+ hours on a sidewalk and didn't get these yet people on their butts on a computer are. Reminds me of the people that waited 3 days for the DSF chocolate boxes and there were 3 people that came at 7am morning of the release and got full sets. Disney Efficiency astounds me again.

I'm so happy I spent 10+ hours on a sidewalk and didn't get these yet people on their butts on a computer are. Reminds me of the people that waited 3 days for the DSF chocolate boxes and there were 3 people that came at 7am morning of the release and got full sets. Disney Efficiency astounds me again.

35150961.jpg

Me too! I saw that thread about the pins (or maybe dolls, depends on whether UK was mistaken) in the UK. Makes me wonder if the LE is really 250

Can someone post an image of the back of these pins? I have not seen one yet.

There is always PP / AP sets of the pins, who know's if those will be released to the public, or sold by a chilly ebay seller. Who knows.

Can someone post an image of the back of these pins? I have not seen one yet.

There is always PP / AP sets of the pins, who know's if those will be released to the public, or sold by a chilly ebay seller. Who knows.

I'm sure someone will post the back soon but if not, maybe I can wrangle up someone here in So Cal who has a set that will let me drool over it :drool: after I take the picture, of course.

No need for that, seriously. Some of us have friends that were waiting too. Many people made sacrifices for this set. I for one am happy for anyone that got one, and I was before I may or may not have gotten mine. They are just pins, its not worth hurting someone, physically or with words.

No need for that, seriously. Some of us have friends that were waiting too. Many people made sacrifices for this set. I for one am happy for anyone that got one, and I was before I may or may not have gotten mine. They are just pins, its not worth hurting someone, physically or with words.

It's an observation. I direct you to the read writing in my signature.

It's an observation. I direct you to the read writing in my signature.

If you want me to debate I shall. I'm not really seeing where the legitimacy of your point is, however. The pins being online were fair game, everyone had a chance. If you would have purchased a set, I think your "opinion" on the matter would be quite different.

If you want me to debate I shall. I'm not really seeing where the legitimacy of your point is, however. The pins being online were fair game, everyone had a chance. If you would have purchased a set, I think your "opinion" on the matter would be quite different.

My point was Disney's inefficient process and pretty much blatant disregard for common sense. The pins were supposed to be event exclusive. They were supposedly sold out, or so they told us. They let in the completely wrong group of people ahead of the people that waited and then did nothing about it. They cheated so many people out of the pins they waited hours to get. They should have told anyone after the sorcerer line that there was a mix up and the front of the line was with the security leading them in. But they didn't. And then they still have some to sell online? How? My beef isn't with people that bought them online, my beef is with the complete morons that work at Disney. My point was not for you to get all defensive. But proceed if you like.

My point was Disney's inefficient process and pretty much blatant disregard for common sense. The pins were supposed to be event exclusive. They were supposedly sold out, or so they told us. They let in the completely wrong group of people ahead of the people that waited and then did nothing about it. They cheated so many people out of the pins they waited hours to get. They should have told anyone after the sorcerer line that there was a mix up and the front of the line was with the security leading them in. But they didn't. And then they still have some to sell online? How? My beef isn't with people that bought them online, my beef is with the complete morons that work at Disney. My point was not for you to get all defensive. But proceed if you like.

Even if everything would have gone as it should, people would still have been cheated out of pins. There will always be more people wanting than pins available.
Disney apparently had a set number set aside from the get-go. These sets are being shipped out from the Tennessee warehouse, which leads me to believe perhaps this was their plan all along. If they hadn't had some online, then other people would say that they were "cheated out" of a set because they couldn't make it to D23 (not everyone can afford exorbitant plane ticket prices, hotels, etc.). In order to give everyone a "fair chance," they decided to unevenly split and distribute the sets. True, it was without announcement, which takes away from the "fairness," but in essence they did what they believed would please the most people at the same time. They will probably learn from this experience and try something else, next time. However it is proven that there is no pleasing everyone.

And that is all I am going to say on the matter. There is my "opinion," take it as you please.

My point was Disney's inefficient process and pretty much blatant disregard for common sense.

I agree, having the Designer sets being an event-exclusive is possibly the dumbest thing Disney could have ever done. CA already gets exclusive DSF pins, having them get these immediate grail of all grails is very uncalled for. I cannot expect Disney to implement sense into the way they distribute these in CA (with the whole terrible Sorcerer line thing) since they've already disregarded every person that doesn't live or can get to the state of CA >_<

I don't think they were ever meant to be expo exclusives, because they don't have the silver Mickey head like the other expo exclusive items.

We saw this attitude beginning among so-called collectors back in the 1990s, the ones who claim to be collectors but are actually re-sellers. I'm not talking about those who actually DO collect, but get an extra pin to recoup. I'm talking about those who push their way to the front instead of waiting in line, buy as many as possible, and then re-sell them at truly extreme prices. It's sad. It's not even the Dark Side; it's full-blown Palpatine.

Not only that, it ruins what was supposed to be an enjoyable hobby. Worse, it creates a bubble in prices that will, eventually, burst, leaving true collectors--the ones who want the pin and will keep it for years and years--holding the bag.

I'm very happy to be reducing my collection and meeting actual collectors here. These fora are wonderful for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back