• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR WDW vs DLR Pin Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR WDW vs DLR Pin Trading

That70sGirl

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just got home from my WDW vacation, hadn't been in two years and during that time I started to pin trade at Disneyland/DSF. But I have to say WOW, the difference between how WDW does it and us on the West Coast makes Disneyland very disappointing. The pin wall at Downtown Disney traders nearly made me faint. The themed pin boards (shields, popcorn trays, drum, etc) at each shop were a nice touch. And every merchandise cast member had a lanyard on. Every single one!

So cool. Eternally jealous of those of you who live closer to WDW.

In other news, picked up some epic pins and got addicted to Sorcerors of the Magic Kingdom. Wish we had that game at Disneyland.

Hmmm. Interesting. I have only traded at WDW, and I always thought DLR would be better.

What does DLR have that WDW doesn't (if anything)?

I also like the trading board at DTD, but it rarely opens! Very lucky for you if you were there when it opened!

We got there as it opened. The people around me told me I must be lucky cause they've waited for 6-8 hours on other days and it never opened. Wow!

DLR doesn't have anything in comparison. We had 4-5 boards in each park, during peak season more. You're lucky if you find 8-10 cast members total wearing lanyards (but you can find more during parades). And our downtown disney pin traders is 25% of the size of yours with no board, just lanyards.

And we dont have Bakersfield in our state either, but I digress.

Yes here in WDW life is better, Less smog, not nearly the traffic, more pins on lanyards, 4 parks <5 if you count Blizzard beach and 6 if you count DTD> Not to mention, We have Laz, Margaret,Me,Handa<ok maybe hes not a bonus> and a whole army of pin nuts,,YOu got any lunar launch sites in Cali? nope we got cape whatyamacallit?

Like right now its 77 with a 54% humidity, low tonight to 61<brrr>....oh yeah we can swim in two oceans on the same day with just a short 3hr drive in the middle, try that from San Fran!!!

In my personal experience, DLR has better pins and places to get high-end pins (DSF, WDI, D23, better in-park releases, things like Frank & Sons, etc.)

However, WDW is better for casual traders and is much less cut-throat, even among the high-end traders. We also do get some nice event pins (not to mention "the" event itself). I don't know that I'd ever prefer pins with words (like NSS or MVMCP) over the pretty stuff DSF and WDI tends to release, though, so I still maintain that DLR gets better pins.

So, in a lot of ways, WDW has a nicer atmosphere- fewer dealers, I think... less competition overall. A little more laid back. That's not to say we never have issues, but just in general...fewer problems.

A lot has changed in the past year at DLR.Not a lot of trading going on at the park.Such a shame...

I had heard WDW lanyards and boards have a lot more junk on them than DLRs did (since they have so many, it's harder to keep them fresh). However, I haven't found anything good in awhile at DLR compared to as recently as two years ago when you could still find the occasional decent pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back