• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wedding Editin Rapunzel doll...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wedding Editin Rapunzel doll...
Do you think there will be a pre-order online as well as in the stores?

Pre-order is my only chance- While it is AWESOME that the *wedding* doll (of all dolls!) is being released on my wedding anniversary (yay!), we'll be in Tokyo, so there's no chance that I can get one on release day.

She's really very gorgeous...

Last edited:
Here is a quote from the Disney Store regarding the release of the Limited Edition Rapunzel Wedding doll in the UK

"we will not be pre-selling the doll in Europe but it will release on the same day - 28th March"

So it looks like while the US get to guarantee they get their dolls, across the pond here we will have to fight it out amongst ourselves on the day ... boohooo :cry:

Also I am wondering what happens then if 8,000 people pre-order the doll in the US ? Does that mean none will go overseas ?

Does anyone know if the pre-orders are limited to one per person? I would love to get one for my sister as well (and if she doesn't want one I could help someone on the boards) if we are allowed to order two...

I am still unclear on whether or not we can preprder her online? Our nearest store is 1 1/2 hours away. I'd hate to spend $30 in gas just to go order her and then have to go back and get her later!

I would think there would be a pre-order online since they have done that for all the previously released dolls in this series

Wow. She's gorgeous!! I really wanted the other Rapunzel doll that was released with the LE Mother Gothel, but honestly, seeing this one, I'm glad I never got her. I much prefer her with her short brown hair.

Some more news regarding the preorder. I think some of you may be happy about this.
Only one doll per guest (this applies to all guests and cms)! The company wants to make sure everyone gets a chance to purchase the preorder since we all know what happened with the Designer Doll series. No phone orders to preorder this doll like they have done in the past. You must either preorder in store or online now. :wiggle:

Some more news regarding the preorder. I think some of you may be happy about this.
Only one doll per guest (this applies to all guests and cms)! The company wants to make sure everyone gets a chance to purchase the preorder since we all know what happened with the Designer Doll series. No phone orders to preorder this doll like they have done in the past. You must either preorder in store or online now. :wiggle:

Oh, thank goodness! This does seem to make it more likely to spread the dolls around more evenly. I know that some people want to order more than one doll maybe for relatives or friends, so this won't necessarily be happy news for them, but it also means that the resell-for-profit people are also restricted and their activity is potentially reduced (unless they bring their whole posse to block out everyone else in their area). Thankfully (?), the over $100 price tag (after tax) will also hopefully deter at least some shady activity.

I was reading the thread about the DSF UP pin release last Saturday, and it sounded just like the Designer Doll drama at the retail stores when the final 5 were released... Ugh! Sometimes it stinks to be a collector. :(

Last edited:
I found these pictures posted by a castmember on tumblr... I'm assuming the Disney Stores have already received their sample dolls? Does anyone know when these will be on display for the public to gawk at? :anxious:

tumblr_lz6007cP9X1qa4nlgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lz6007cP9X1qa4nlgo2_500.jpg

Oh those pictures are so lovely.. I can't wait for her to come out :) Thanks for the pictures!

Oh those pictures are so lovely.. I can't wait for her to come out :) Thanks for the pictures!
I know me too, I can't wait :D
I personally think she looks better in these amateur photos than the Disney Store's official photos... :angel:

We received our sample doll on Friday. The doll will only be available for viewing during the presale period.

Awww 10 more days then... :hsd: Thanks for the info :D

hmm her hair is different in these pictures then the ones on facebook, I wonder what she will really look like? I personally think that her hair looks just a little to short in the stock photos.

Oh that doll is so gorgeous! I really think they did a beautiful job on her expression, and I absolutely love her dress!!!

Last edited:
I know me too, I can't wait :D I personally think she looks better in these amateur photos than the Disney Store's official photos... :angel:Awww 10 more days then... :hsd: Thanks for the info :D
hmm her hair is different in these pictures then the ones on facebook, I wonder what she will really look like? I personally think that her hair looks just a little to short in the stock photos.
I agree that these first photos of the dolls actually in Disney Stores are different and look better than the official photos in Facebook. They may have changed the hair design slightly between the taking of the promo photos and the actual production. Also, promo photos are always flat looking, as they have photographic lights from every angle, to eliminate shadows. I much prefer "real" looking photos, as they are closer to what they actually look like in person.

Oh that doll is so gorgeous! I really think they did a beautiful job on her expression, and I absolutely love her dress!!!
And she does look so beautiful!!! Can't wait to see her in person! I'll try to remember to bring my camera, to take some decent photos of her when I pre-order her in person on February 21st!

Last edited:
oh she is gorgeous . i Prefer the way her hair is in this photo than the disney store one with her messy hair. ^^ I can't wait to be in march 28th

Oh wow, she really does look lovely. I soooooooo hope I manage to get one on 28th March :anxious:

a friend of mine ,asked the price of the doll here in France, and for euro country , the price will be 90 euros!!! it's a shame, it's 20 euros higher than the US price and 20 euros higher than the previous 17' limited editionrapunzel. i'm not happy . Not sure if I'll buy her or not at that price.

oh she is gorgeous . i Prefer the way her hair is in this photo than the disney store one with her messy hair. ^^ I can't wait to be in march 28th

I was thinking the exact thing! I thought her hair looked wayy too short and messy in the facebook pics, so I didn't want the doll, but after I found the amateur photo, I am totally reconsidering :lol:
She'll probably look 5x better in person anyways :p

Stock photos and the actual look of the final product can vary considerably. Consider the Designer Snow White Doll. Her stock pictures have her hair looking a lot bigger than most of the actual dolls. That said, if one were to open the box and tease the hair out some (for the LE Wedding Rapunzel and the Designer Snow White doll), I'm sure one could get the same look as the stock photos. However, why one would particularly want to is just a matter of taste. I think that the LE Wedding Rapunzel's hair is actually as short as the stock photos depict, but in the factory packaging, it ends up looking more coiffed. In any case, I am positive that she will be much lovelier in person than the the stock photos. Pretty much all of the Designer dolls do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back