• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wedding Rapunzel Edition Sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wedding Rapunzel Edition Sizes?

Abyssinian28

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Okay so! Just got back from Japan to find my Wedding Rapunzel doll waiting for me...

I wanted to check before getting too excited, but...is the edition size right on the box? Because mine SEEMS to say No. 1...but I saw someone else's photo, and the front seems to say the same. So I'm wondering if it means 1 *of* 8,000 or *1* of 8,000.

If it makes a difference, it says No. 1 on the back, too. I'm trying not to open her, so I can't imagine that they wouldn't put the number *somewhere* on the outer box...

It would be amazing if she was actually Number 1- besides never having a number one, she was actually released on our Wedding Anniversary, so that would be a very cool bonus. :)

Okay so! Just got back from Japan to find my Wedding Rapunzel doll waiting for me...

I wanted to check before getting too excited, but...is the edition size right on the box? Because mine SEEMS to say No. 1...but I saw someone else's photo, and the front seems to say the same. So I'm wondering if it means 1 *of* 8,000 or *1* of 8,000.

If it makes a difference, it says No. 1 on the back, too. I'm trying not to open her, so I can't imagine that they wouldn't put the number *somewhere* on the outer box...

It would be amazing if she was actually Number 1- besides never having a number one, she was actually released on our Wedding Anniversary, so that would be a very cool bonus. :)
No that's not the edition number. "1 of 8000" is what is says in the front of the box of every 17'' Limited Edition Rapunzel Wedding Doll. The actual edition number is on the Certificate of Authenticity that is in a sealed plastic envelope in the bottom of the inner box. However, you can actually see through the plastic envelope and see the number without having to open the inner box. I will post a photo of it shortly. But here's a picture of the Certificate after it is taken from the inner box:

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Inner Box - Front View With Certificate of Authenticity by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well, I had kind of figured that the front was saying that, but I wasn't sure about the back, since it says No. 1 instead of just "1 of 8000". And, really, it should say "One of 8,000" if they were going to do it that way- so many collectors associate a flat-out number as their edition size. I was only suspicious because I *never* get a Number 1, so I immediately doubted it.

Bottom line is I have to open my box to see what number I have, though? Boo.

Viewing the edition number without opening the inner box of the LE Wedding Rapunzel

Here's the bottom of the inner box of my other 17'' LE Wedding Rapunzel doll (that I pre-ordered online), showing the Certificate of Authenticity, with the edition (serial) number. In this case, it is #4661 of 8000. It is in a slot at the bottom of the inner box, which is open in the back (on the top of this photograph), so you can just reach in and pull the CoA out without having to actually remove the front clear plastic lid of the inner box.

17'' LE Wedding Rapunzel - Certificate of Authencity at Bottom of Inner Box by drj1828, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back