• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What do your DIsney trade books look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do your DIsney trade books look like?
Great collection! Thankyou for the photos...I hope to have a collection like that soon!

2cf009e5eaea731d11a58b67a30d8e38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, here are pictures of my pins. I bought a Mead Five Star zip up binder at the grocery store for about 12.00 and then baseball card sleeves. I only have about 120 pins and the binder capacity is almost full. So far I have about 11 pages, with room for maybe a few more. I also added a shoulder strap - just cut holes in the binder spine and fed the strap clips through them.

I was looking for some on ebay but am having a hard time deciding among the different types by Ultra Pro. Is the Platinum Series the thickest? I see a Silver Series as well and some that just say Ultro Pro, anyone know which is best?

People use the trading card sleeves! You just take the pin back off, slip the whole thing, push the pin point through, and then put the mickey backer on. They make a size for each of them. Normal pin cards fit in the 9-card sleeves. Disney Auctions and Shopping.com backers fit in the 3-card sleeves. I like the 4-card sleeves for the slightly over-sized cards, like WDI.

I usually go with medium grade pages by Ultra Pro. If you pick the off-brand or cheaper versions, the pins can be too heavy for the pages. The heavy grade can be too thick, and it makes it too tight to get the pins in and out of, and a lot of the heavy grade sleeves aren't acid-free. I'm not sure if that would affect pins like it would a collectible card, but I prefer not to take the chance.

I was looking for some on ebay but am having a hard time deciding among the different types by Ultra Pro. Is the Platinum Series the thickest? I see a Silver Series as well and some that just say Ultro Pro, anyone know which is best?

This was a little tough to answer, because I buy mine in person based on feel, but after checking the site, it looks like the Platinum series is the standard one we all use. It's also the grade they make all the alternate sizes (3-sleeve, 4-sleeve, etc) out of.

I'm not sure what the difference with the Silver series is...? On their site, the blue box Silver series is actually retired and out of print. The white box says they have 11 hole punches on the spine, so maybe that's the major difference.

Really, the plastic sleeve card pages are cheap. Just buy a stack of 'em and if any get too ragged, throw them out!

Really, the plastic sleeve card pages are cheap. Just buy a stack of 'em and if any get too ragged, throw them out!

While that's true, there is a SUPER cheap version out there that really can't take the weight of pins (they were meant to be a cheap alternative for things like Pokemon and Sports cards). If you put pins in them, they flop all around in the binder and generally are a bad idea.

That said, the ones I'm reccing aren't super fancy versions- Ultra Pro in the black boxes are what you usually find at Target and such.

So while pages are definitely going to get messed up and need replacing, you also don't want to waste money on cheap-os, or spend too much money on the super heavy grade, that are so tight you can't even get your pins in and out. Those two types are best left for trading cards.

I have a mixture of both right now and I gotta say that the really cheap flimsy ones are driving me nuts, which is why I'd like to buy the medium grade pages. I just didn't want to order some and end up with the super heavy grade one either, so thank you for looking into it!

I have a mixture of both right now and I gotta say that the really cheap flimsy ones are driving me nuts, which is why I'd like to buy the medium grade pages. I just didn't want to order some and end up with the super heavy grade one either, so thank you for looking into it!

No problem! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back