• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What happened to the "Edit Post" button in the Auction Threads

What happened to the "Edit Post" button in the Auction Threads

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
I want to say it's to prevent people from editing times and dates, but I could totally be wrong as I don't really do much with auctions but just view them mostly. It could also just be another site error? Chat has been having issues so maybe its just a little hiccup. Hopefully you can get an answer from someone official!

or its that people like me change the bids, but when the auctioneer tells you they have that pin, I'd think its fair to edit and add something from their wants or close to it .

I wanted to change the title to my Auction thread to reflect the fact there is now less than 3 days left but i can't!

Seems like it would make sense to have the auction posts be editable in case someone initially forgets to put the end date/time in, as has happened so often. Everyone forgets things once in a while...

Editing has been disabled in the auction house only. Please be sure to read through your original posts and bids carefully as everything (once posted) is final.

Editing has been disabled in the auction house only. Please be sure to read through your original posts and bids carefully as everything (once posted) is final.

Is there a way to delete a post, as if I have a five day auction, and do a leaderboard once a day or when requested, I could have as many posts in an auction thread as the people bidding, all leaderboards.

Is there a way to delete a post, as if I have a five day auction, and do a leaderboard once a day or when requested, I could have as many posts in an auction thread as the people bidding, all leaderboards.
The ability to mark your posts as sold/ended should still be available.

The decision to remove editing/deleting privileges from the "Auction House" is to prevent editing of start/end times, as well as a safeguard against shill or otherwise "shady" dealings.

Current bids may be appended by making a new post or quoting one's original bid and adding that they wish to add to the bid.

leaderboards can be posted in new posts (_not_ new threads, but new posts in the current auction thread) as the auction progresses.

How can we do it now, if we can not edit the first post to change like the title of the thread?
under "thread tools" at the top right of the original post, you should see an option to "Mark thread as sold/ended":

yYR4P.png

under "thread tools" at the top right of the original post, you should see an option to "Mark thread as sold/ended":

yYR4P.png

OK, since this just happened to me, and I sent you and Grim a PM as I went to update my auction thread as Sold, and it locked it before I could put anything in the thread, as I was going to update it, and then post with a close thread, but I guess you need to post first, and then update it's status which automatically locks the thread?

I understand and agree with this line of thinking, about not being able to edit times/dares, but yuck! This is going to make the threads super long now and make everyone scroll thrill all the entire thread to remember what's going on.

It may just be me though. :) I may just be too old to do the auctions now. :-(

Vicki

Is there any way to make it so that we can edit just the title?? I want to be able to make it easily known that there is only 24 hours let in my auction but now they only know if they go in and look :(

Back