• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GRAIL What is Your Oddball Grail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRAIL What is Your Oddball Grail?
Mine would definitely be the Autumn Ariel pin...I am SO in love with that pin....I just think it is stunningly gorgeous! :drool: It would be one of the very few non-Jessica and non-Frozen pins that I would be all giddy to have in my collection! :)

It's not really a grail, but I've been looking for this pin for a while:

Totally unrelated to the rest of my collection! But that's because I don't want it for my collection...

My dad is an accountant and he loves the Disney ducks, so I'd love to give him this pin as an amazing gift. I've been keeping my eyes peeled. Don't anyone tell him! :D

I don't collect Monsters but I swear to god, this is me during the Holidays. Naturally, I want this pin.
pin81303th200

Last edited:
I've been a SHAG fan since 2000 way before Disneyland began commissioning him to do artwork. Until Disneyland commissioned him to do artwork, I couldn't afford anything from him including Pin 42598: DLR - Happiest Homecoming On Earth - Shag - Fantasyland (Jumbo)

14 years later and I still don't have this pin. I call it an oddball pin because of the way SHAG drew the humans, which not his normal style of humans.

This is mine :D

PD32389-front.jpg

I really have no idea why I want it. It's just so funny. It definitely wouldn't fit into any of my collections so I guess it qualifies as an oddball grail! :)

I want the only James and the Giant Peach pin that features Mr Centipede, however the only person who has it on their trades list wouldn't respond to me when I asked what they wanted for it. So I am sad.

PD35931-front.jpg

I love this thread!!! So cool. :)

well I have an "oddball" grail. Haha.
The oddball is this pin....
F1807A80-9DB4-4474-88ED-A43D8F2CFE93_zps4kirco3s.jpg

So back story. I am in no way a stitch or tigger collector.... But my older brother was. My older brother Minh is 2 years older than me and was my closest sibling since my older sister was 6 years older and spent most of her time studying and later moved away to a prestigious private school when I was 6 so I never really got to see her growing up. So as a child I spent almost all my time with my brother. Our mom worked and went to school at night so it was always me and him and sometimes my grandparents but yeah. He took care of me, let me tag along with him and his friends, steal my Pokemon cards, buy me comics, nine yards ya know?
Well when my brother turned 18 he moved out and left to join the marines... He was gone for months to years at a time on missions and I missed him every time. Well my brother has never really been a big disney fan but while he was gone I started collecting pins to get myself out of the house and keep me busy while he was gone since I didn't want to continue comics without him...well one time after a mission he came home and looked through my pins and told me how he watched lilo and stitch while overseas and how he liked it... So when he left again I started collecting stitch pins for him. Hoping to surprise him when he came back home. He came home again and I gave him all the stitch pins I had accumulated while he was gone. He loved them all. He next asked what kind of tigger pins did disney have as that was his nickname in the marines. So I started looking up pinpics and found this stitch and tigger pin and thought it was so perfect for him. My goal was to get this pin before he came back home from his latest mission and surprise him.
well my brother was killed in action on his final mission to Iraq, I never was able to show him the perfect pin for him.
This pin is probably one of the most important pins in my collection. It makes me feel connected to him and defines our relationship.

I love this thread!!! So cool. :)

well I have an "oddball" grail. Haha.
The oddball is this pin....
F1807A80-9DB4-4474-88ED-A43D8F2CFE93_zps4kirco3s.jpg

So back story. I am in no way a stitch or tigger collector.... But my older brother was. My older brother Minh is 2 years older than me and was my closest sibling since my older sister was 6 years older and spent most of her time studying and later moved away to a prestigious private school when I was 6 so I never really got to see her growing up. So as a child I spent almost all my time with my brother. Our mom worked and went to school at night so it was always me and him and sometimes my grandparents but yeah. He took care of me, let me tag along with him and his friends, steal my Pokemon cards, buy me comics, nine yards ya know?
Well when my brother turned 18 he moved out and left to join the marines... He was gone for months to years at a time on missions and I missed him every time. Well my brother has never really been a big disney fan but while he was gone I started collecting pins to get myself out of the house and keep me busy while he was gone since I didn't want to continue comics without him...well one time after a mission he came home and looked through my pins and told me how he watched lilo and stitch while overseas and how he liked it... So when he left again I started collecting stitch pins for him. Hoping to surprise him when he came back home. He came home again and I gave him all the stitch pins I had accumulated while he was gone. He loved them all. He next asked what kind of tigger pins did disney have as that was his nickname in the marines. So I started looking up pinpics and found this stitch and tigger pin and thought it was so perfect for him. My goal was to get this pin before he came back home from his latest mission and surprise him.
well my brother was killed in action on his final mission to Iraq, I never was able to show him the perfect pin for him.
This pin is probably one of the most important pins in my collection. It makes me feel connected to him and defines our relationship.

Oh, hun. I think you win, hands down on a good reason to have a random grail. :hug:

PD51395-front.jpg

Pin PD51395: DisneyShopping.com - Women's History Series - Tinker Bell Suffragette
My undergrad thesis was on the activism of Lucy Burns and Alice Paul, two of the most prominent women suffragists in the United States. They met while in England and were involved in the women's suffrage movement in England as well. Lucy Burns also participated in the movement in Scotland. This pin is one of my grails because it reminds me of my research. My undergrad thesis is still the one thing I am most proud of from my undergrad career.

PD46294-front.jpg

Pin PD46294: DisneyShopping.com - Stitch Patriotic (Revolutionary War Soldier Only)
I am starting to collect Stitch pins but this is one of my favorites. I am not a huge fan of George Washington but I do study the American Revolution. I went to grad school to study the American Revolution and I am currently doing that. I traded this pin when I didn't think I was going to study the Revolution anymore and I am kicking myself everyday for that. The American Revolution is the one topic in history that I am still so very passionate about and makes me love history. One day I will have this pin back in my collection. I don't even care that the flag is historically inaccurate, I just love this pin.

Melissa, your story about you and your brother's relationship touches me so much, I'm so sorry to hear about his tragic passing. :(

One of the pins in my collection that means the most to me is this:

pin24863
Pin 24863: DS - Beauty and the Beast - Stained Glass (Boxed Set) - Princess Belle's Enchanted Rose

I met Amy in the summer of 1997; I was going into my freshman year of high school, she was a sophmore. The moment we met, we were instantly the best of friends. There was just something that clicked. Even though we didn't really have much in common, other than we both played flute in our school's band, we never ran out of things to talk about. We were inseparable. We went through so much together. Surgeries, my mental health issues(which got REALLY bad the following year), stuff that kids shouldn't have to deal with. But we had each other; we were each other's support system, we were there for each other through thick and thin. Because of her illness, she had a double lung transplant when we were 20. Even though it wasn't a cure, it gave her another 6 wonderful years with us. She passed away on January 18th, 2009, after being in the hospital for 13+ weeks. In that time, all of her internal organs shut down, one of her lungs was rejected and had to be removed, everything was shot except two things. Her brain, and her heart. Amy was the strongest, funniest, wisest, most selfless person I've ever met; not a day goes by that I don't miss her, and mourn the loss of her in my life. She had an illness called Cystic Fibrosis, which many kids can't pronounce so they call it 65 Roses. I've always loved roses, but since I met Amy, they took on such a special meaning to me. At her life celebration(she was always insistant on NOT having a funeral, she wanted people to party, share memories and laughs, eat good food, and listen to her favourite music), along with a beautiful collage of pictures that featured Amy with all her friends and family, from all walks of life, was a vase full of 65 of the brightest magenta roses I've ever seen. I still have one, dried, on my 'Amy shelf', which is full of items that she either gave me, or that remind me of her. I love all my pins, but my rose pins mean the most to me. They're my memorial to Amy, my way of remembering her and immortalizing that memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back