• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What would be the most recommended method?

What would be the most recommended method?

Snowie

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've recently joined, but haven't really been active- I was wondering- what is your mot recommended method to get pins to trade? At the moment, I would really only have three pins that I would WANT to trade (all the others are keepsakes), but they are all HM pins.... I would love it if I were to know a good way to get traders- would you recommend Ebay? Or the parks themselves (I have a friend going on the 22nd)? Or somewhere else?

Either way... help? :3 I would really appreciate it! :D

Also.... how exactly do you send the pins? With a box from like FedEx or UPS, or just a little envelope with the pins inside? I'm still a little confused at this point....

Thank y'all for the help~ :)

Last edited:
I started by buying limited editions if you are near a park, they will increase in value most of the time if you buy popular themed pins and make for better traders than rack pins and hidden mickeys. If you live near Hollywood, the Disney Studio Store/Ghirardelli shop has pin releases with low number editions as well as ice cream! Ebay is not recommended because there are scrapper/fake pin sellers on there so you gotta be careful with those. And have fun!

If you do buy on Ebay, avoid the large lots, and if you see any that come in little plastic baggies that are "100% tradable" odds are they are no good. There are good pins on Ebay, you just have to be careful. If you are not near any of the parks, watch DS.com for deals. There are also lots of great sales that happen here on the forum.

As far as mailing goes, people usually send them in little yellow bubble wrap envelopes. Always wrap the pins in a few extra layers of bubble wrap too, since the post office can be vicious. You can print shipping labels through Paypal, and it is cheaper than buying postage at the post office.

Have you created a PinPics or DisneyPinPlace account? Having one will help make it easier for you to match trades with people and get ideas for what would make good traders. :)

catakun: Thanks! I do not live close to the parks/ Hollywood- I live in San Fran- But will ask my friend to pick up a few LEs on their trip. I only have a $10 Ebay gift card anyways, so I won't be using it that often- maybe just this one time- I will attempt to be cautious, and will try to get the pins that are just terribly hard to replicate with scrappers (From what I see, those are just pin on pins, boxed things, dangles, hinges, and sliders.... I think....). I would've loved if I lived near the Disney Studio Store/ Chocolate Fountain- I just absolutely love the Ghirardelli Sundaes (I had one at DLCA on a trip with my school Orchestra recently, and fell in love with it), and would love to at least try to get a LE pin from there... *sigh* But at least I was promised a trip there sometime this summer! :D Thanks again~~

TheAlyssadon: Thanks for the tips! I will try to look on DS.com often- I sometimes search 'pin' on there and see what comes up, but often there seems to be either really expensive LEs or just nothing at all- do they have sudden 'pin releases' on there too?

Also, thanks for the mailing info- but where should one go to get such things (the bubble wrap and the envelopes)- do they sell them anywhere? :3 And are the labels from Paypal free, or would you have to pay for them? And if you have to pay, are there Paypal gift cards you can buy from stores (My dad doesn't like having his personal info on websites)?

I have in fact created a PinPics and DisneyPinPlace account- They're both also Snowie- But I find DPP really hard to navigate on my computer.... So I just use PinPics alone instead.

Again, thanks for the help on this! I really appreciate it~ :D

Hi there and hello, a lot of members here have sales, where you can buy real legit pins usually quite cheaply
check the sale section, this hobbie is expensive , and sometimes you just need to be very lucky,
everyone I've traded with is really nice and I'm sure your collection will grow quickly
You need to add your pinpics details to pin palace ,and then link it to youravatar
above all enjoy yourself, it's suppost to be fun xxx

Thanks~ And I'm sure I'll have fun! :D I'll try to add my details onto PinPalace- It's still a little hard for me- The 'search' box doesn't work for me.... But I'll get it to work! Thanks to everybody who helped! I'll get set up to trade by Spring break (In about a week or two) by getting the shipping stuff, and more traders- hopefully...... but I'll be lurking around the forum looking for those sales. Thanks again, everyone! c:

If you (or your friend) are going to the park, pick up LE's (limited edition) not OE's (open edition) pins. If you want to build up your own collection or just to have "traders", keep an eye on sales threads here as you may find some bargains for mystery box / booster pack pins. But if you want to get traders to trade for other LE pins that you want to collect, that's a bit trickier. For example, do you buy a $25 LE pin that you don't want just to trade it for a $25 LE pin that you do want? - why not just buy the $25 LE pin that you want and not go through the "trading process"? It all depends on your budget/time and how much of both you want to spend.

Most people mail their pins in padded envelopes through USPS (the US Postal System) and not through FedEx or UPS (because those are more expensive).

Jazzytrumpet: Thanks for so much info! I really appreciate you all going through this for me~ c:

I will attempt to get my friend to get the BatB Perfume, Snow White PODH, and the Tangled Funny Business LEs- hopefully they will receive some interest (IF) I can get them...... :D

I will try to get some of those envelopes to begin trading- I want to start my collection already....! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Also, thanks for the mailing info- but where should one go to get such things (the bubble wrap and the envelopes)- do they sell them anywhere? :3 And are the labels from Paypal free, or would you have to pay for them? And if you have to pay, are there Paypal gift cards you can buy from stores (My dad doesn't like having his personal info on websites)?

Again, thanks for the help on this! I really appreciate it~ :D
DS.com does have random releases, but they usually go pretty quick if it's a popular character.

PayPal labels do cost money, but you don't have to have label paper. You can just print it on standard paper and tape it to the package. To have a PayPal account I believe you need to link it to your checking account, so if your dad doesn't like that sort of thing you could try usps.com or stamps.com. I haven't used either, but I know they can be used to print postage.

You can buy packing supplies at office supply stores, or places like Walmart.

Best of luck getting started! :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks! I will begin to check DS.com regularly, and ask my dad about it sometime! Also, next time we go to target, I will definitely keep an eye out for those envelopes. Thanks for the luck- I'm certain that I'll need it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back