• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What's HapPINing blog update [11/22]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's HapPINing blog update [11/22]

thejessta

You guys are the best!
Staff member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Chasers, chasers, chasers.

From the What's HapPINing blog:

November 22, 2010
Happy Monday! We had a couple of questions regarding the recently released Disney-Pixar Shorts Mystery Set. With all mystery sets, we like to keep a sense of mystery. Yet it appears some claification is in order.

400000885803.jpg

There are a total of ten different art styles/images (as pictured above). Yet there are actually three levels of "chase" pins in this set. The first level is a flat pin. The second level is an embellished pin (a pin that as a feature like pin-on-pin). The final level contains a small metal logo with the infamous lamp from Pixar's logo. It's attached the pin so you can't miss it. We wanted to leave that third one a true mystery (hence why it only said "20 pin collection" on the box) but we know that some of you like a sense of completion.

Those are really, really cute! I wonder it they'll sell them on the ds.com site? Some of the park stuff is sold there. But, I guess if they aren't already, they probably won't be. :pout:

So is it actually thirty pins? Three sets of ten. One flat set, one pin on pin element set, and a final set of mini lamp logos? I havent seen any of these at the parks yet, but it seems that these mystery sets are getting complicated. Or is it that chasers are the new wave?

Here is the thing: there are actually 12 styles pictured, plus I know there are at least 2 more styles that are not pictured, which are Andre and Lifted, so there are actually 14 styles/pins in the first set. Multiply that by 3 and there are actually a total of 42 pins.

Why do things have to be so complicated?

Here is the thing: there are actually 12 styles pictured, plus I know there are at least 2 more styles that are not pictured, which are Andre and Lifted, so there are actually 14 styles/pins in the first set. Multiply that by 3 and there are actually a total of 42 pins.

Why do things have to be so complicated?

I think you answered your own question. They can reuse the art work and end up getting people to try and complete a collection of 42 pins, all while they only had to pay an artist for those first 14 styles. It's all about money IMO. Just another way they can reuse the artwork and try to bleed more out of us without having to put much into it.

The 10th annv. pins they did come to mind. So per flat that the pins were sold in, one of those boxes would have a gold chaser pin in it. Now you had all they sharks going in, and buying these flats. Disney doesn't care, they are moving stock and making money. And now the regular person that would want to complete a set of say, the gold chasers, are caught in the middle having a even higher premium to pay for them now.

I'll stick to just collecting the single pins that are released. I will never buy one of these "Mystery sets" because it simply ends up costing too much to complete a set, and then you get into this little differences for what is basically the same pin as all the others, Too much money and time, for me at least.

I will say that's a neat set, and it's nice to see some pins made for things or characters other than the stock characters they are always doing.

Obviously though it was so complicated that they couldn't even count. That is what I was saying. They stated that there were a "total of ten different art styles/images (as pictured above)" but they lied because there are really 12 pictured and then 2 more not pictured.

They should clarify their clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back