• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What's HapPINing? blog update [12/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's HapPINing? blog update [12/20]

thejessta

You guys are the best!
Staff member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
PoDFH? :anxious:

From the What's HapPINing blog:

December 20, 2010

As we approach the new year, we'd like to highlight the many pin-of-the-month series that will be available in 2011.

To start, here's a new concept in Disney pins:

Blog_20101220_POFH.jpg

We're sure all of you are aware of our popular Piece of Disney History. Well this series will be a Piece of Disney Film History and each pin will feature a film frame from a Disney Animated classic. Since the frames are taken from reels of film prints different pins may contain different frames of film. This monthly series will be available at Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resort.

Blog_20101220_TinkerBell.jpg

We're also bringing back the ever popular Tinker Bell Birthstone Collection. However, there will be a new twist this year as we are releasing all of the months at once in the beginning of the year. So if your birthday is September, now you don't have to wait until two-thirds through the year to pick up your pin. Look for these beautiful key shaped pins at Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resort

We'll have more sneak peeks at the remaining pin-of-the-month series throughout this week, so stay tuned!

The PoDFH pin of the month set is one I have been looking forward to since we saw the sneak preview at Trade City. It looks like I am going to have to start up another collection...

Where is the film piece from? What I mean is does it come from a roll in the Disney Archives, or is it not really part of the "history?"

Where is the film piece from? What I mean is does it come from a roll in the Disney Archives, or is it not really part of the "history?"

Well considering they sell original film strips framed for hundreds of $$$ in the Art of Disney, I would guess this might be cut outs from a VHS. lol

Well considering they sell original film strips framed for hundreds of $$$ in the Art of Disney, I would guess this might be cut outs from a VHS. lol

Well now that makes sence looking back on it.... I just wished they continued the POH, this seems like a cheep way to continue with it, there were so many rides that could have made great POH pins.

If I can remember correctly, this isn't the original footage they are using, it's a transfer of the original print to new film. As for the POH series, I hope they are just letting it rest for a year so they can start it up and crank out some new pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back