• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What's HapPINing? blog update [2/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's HapPINing? blog update [2/11]

thejessta

You guys are the best!
Staff member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Mention of future LE 3D Vinylmation pins!

From the What's HapPINing? blog:
February 11, 2011
By now you have probably discovered, purchased or traded the new three-dimensional Vinylmationâ„¢ Pins. We recall the first time we saw them in the office and were like - wow! They look great and make for such a unique addition to a pin collection.

Blog_20110211_VMPins.jpg

Julie Young, developer for these pins, shared some details about them.

• All pins are made of zinc metal but are plated with different colors chosen to complement the individual designs.
  • The three-dimensional Mickey shape is made from the same material as actual Vinylmationâ„¢ Figures.
  • Each design is created through a combination of spray-mask painting, pad printing and hand painting.
  • The first assortment of pins contains 11 designs. There are two versions of the red balloon pin - one for Disneyland® Resort and one for Walt Disney World® Resort.
  • More designs will be unveiled throughout 2011, with a total of 47 designs to be release by August.
  • The designs were selected in partnership with Thomas Scott, one of the lead designers for Vinylmationâ„¢.
  • The current pins are considered to be open edition, yet look for some limited edition figures coming in the future!

I know there are a lot of Vinylmation fans out there. I do have a couple pins from the 1st series, but mostly I don't get it. For every cute one, there seems to be a dozen, "What were they thinking!" I can't help but think of the Jafar boobs now. :lol:

I know there are a lot of Vinylmation fans out there. I do have a couple pins from the 1st series, but mostly I don't get it. For every cute one, there seems to be a dozen, "What were they thinking!" I can't help but think of the Jafar boobs now. :lol:

HAHA!!! I get it!!

Attachments

• jafarchaser1.jpg
    jafarchaser1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 43
Yeah, I kinda agree that the pins don't really appeal to me. If you think about it, maybe they should release a blank vm-pin so you can do what you want.

Speaking as a huge Vinylmation fan, I can't stand the 3D ones. I think they are just hideous. I feel like they are just getting all crazy with the Vinylmations with all of the mystery sets, the Jumbos (which I love), and now the Jr ones on top of these. It's a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back