• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why are all our "grails" so expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a grail is more about attainability than anything. It does not have to be an expensive pin, just one that is incredibly hard to find. As previous posters have mentioned, there are pins that are wanted that just do not show up in the market whether it be trade or sale.

take for instance two of my grails. (pics Linked)

This Tigger pin is a Disney Store guest courtesy pin. To even get this pin a CM would have to receive 25 written letters from customers about their service. It is currently 0 trading and 50 wanting. If I ever even see this pin I will be floored. I have no way of even knowing if a CM ever achieved this status. However, I would have to say that it probably would not be expensive it it ever did show up. It is just too obscure and not that greatly in demand.

The flip side is the "Stitch Master Gracey" pin. This is a grail of mine that would cost me a small mint (at least in my dollars). When it shows up on ebay it generally goes for $200.00 +/-.

Both are grails and for me equally unattainable. One due to obscurity and one due to price. Because trust me if I had 200.00 burning a hole in my pocket I would own the Stitch pin.

Holy Grails are very expensive because usually many people want them and they are so low edition when they do come up for auction, people go crazy and bid with their heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back