• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why are there no more traders in Frontierland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are there no more traders in Frontierland?

jholden

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I was fortunate enough to get to the park last week for the first time in a year, and I noticed that the traders were no longer out in front of the pin store in Frontierland. I asked a cast member about it and she told me it was no longer allowed within the park. Can someone tell me what happened?

they are in front of Little green men store in Tomorrowland now. I do not know what the cast member was smoking saying that pin trading was no longer allowed in the park, when cast members still wear lanyards to trade. but the traders are now in tomorrowland.

I was told by multiple managers: Fire codes required that DLR keep the path through fronteer land clear, so they moved the tables out of there. LGM is the only trade location currently, The might add a trade area to DCA in the future.

They tried to move us back to the Big Thunder Ranch area but we weren't having that at all. No one goes there. They did a few pin games back there but we never really adopted it as the pin trading location. Then those stand up tables at LGM became the popular spot. They were used in the past but now that is the spot to be since LGM is the store to shop at. People are creatures of habit. I think you could easily trade at the new Mary Poppins restaurant or in DCA at Flo's V8 diner or outside Taste Pilots Grill near Fly n' Buy. They keep spreading a rumor they are putting in pin trading tables at the entrance to DCA near the fruit stand, lockers, bathroom. Like rows of tables just for pin trading. But I don't know. I always thought Flo's V8 would be best because that is where the tourists flock to now, Cars Land. If it is in the front of DCA I foresee their Starbucks getting busier!

I would be SOOOOOOO excited for pin trading tables in DCA!!! How can we make this happen????????????

I heard they caught traders selling pins at the Frontierland tables. I do think the fire hazard thing is a logical explanation because the lines always cut across the walkway. I think setting up in Innoventions would be a good idea. The old boat dock near Small World is pleasant, too.

The last time I traded at Frontierland, I learned a painful lesson. I saw a pin I really wanted in the traders book. He told me it was very rare, but he said he would be willing to let it go if I went into the store and bought a LE reticular pin. I was so happy, and I did it. Later that day, I found the very pin (the one he had told me was rare) for sale in a store in the lowest price range. I was naive, and he took advantage of that. :(

Plus dole whips and several types of food. I miss it already!!!

OMGosh yes! :(

Maybe now people should set up in that one place by the matterhorn where they have a lot of tables with shade! I know that on Sundays there's always a few traders who hang out there! I'm not sure if everyone knows about it...

OMGosh yes! :(

Maybe now people should set up in that one place by the matterhorn where they have a lot of tables with shade! I know that on Sundays there's always a few traders who hang out there! I'm not sure if everyone knows about it...

That sounds like where we should be on Saturday the 6th. I think there are going to be a lot of DPF'ers there on that saturday. Some putz from Seattle is supposed to be there or something. :rofl:

The last time I traded at Frontierland, I learned a painful lesson. I saw a pin I really wanted in the traders book. He told me it was very rare, but he said he would be willing to let it go if I went into the store and bought a LE reticular pin. I was so happy, and I did it. Later that day, I found the very pin (the one he had told me was rare) for sale in a store in the lowest price range. I was naive, and he took advantage of that. :(

Some people are downright terrible :(. When we first started we had several traders (some we still see at the tables) do that to us. They explained they were willing to let go of their pin if we bought the annual passholder pin. We were so new so we didn't even know the value. Luckily we were like, "Nah, we'll find it another day, let's go get some Dole Whip/Food," and didn't have to experience that. Sorry that happened, next time avoid unfriendly traders with shady behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back