• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why doesn't the Disney Store...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't the Disney Store...

The Wise One

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
release as many pins as they used to? It seems we used to get a new pin every month, and nice ones too! Now there are hardly ever nice pins on the online Disney Store. It would be really nice for those of us that aren't that close to a park.

I live over 1600 miles from the nearest park (WDW), so I would love if they did more online releases.

They actually totally discontinued LE's for a little while. Now they seem to only be releasing them in sets... Which of course cost to much, and theres usually only 1 out of the 5 that anyone wants. lol

Give it some times. New LE's will start turning up. Disney is not going to give one division (DSF) exclusive $$... Pins are to much of a positive income for them to let DSF monopolize the sales for long.

I think DisneyStore US has fallen short with pin releases. It's true, the LEs are now released in sets which is way too much. You're lucky if you find some old LEs that get returned but that's too rare. Disney Store UK, however, knows what they're doing. Even the open edition pins exclusive to the site have some what of a variety more so than the pins we have in the US store.

Hopefully they release new stuff for the remainder of the year.

I miss staying up till midnight for disneystore.com pin releases. But that last collection, 110 legacy or whatever it was called, bleh! Too small and overpriced. Give us back the cool pins please! I assure you, we'll buy them!

I love the UK Disney store pins, I wish they would ship to the US or our DS.com would get some new pins. UK DS.com also has some really awesome dolls that we don't get, like new large Tinkerbell & fairies.

I really liked being able to get LE pins but the last few sets I have gotten from the DSO have been a total disappointment. The quality of the pins seemed to be getting worse and worse, the stench of the cheap nasty paint made some of them unbearable to have around at all AND the cost for the sets was out of control! Seriously the Designer Princess pins were $199.95 when sold making each pins less than $20.00. The current pin set for Peter Pan (which has been sitting there for months now) is 5 pins for $129.95 and they are OK but price out at over $25.00 each!

Fingers crossed that they will get back on their schedule with some higher quality, reasonably priced pins.

Disney Store UK, however, knows what they're doing. Even the open edition pins exclusive to the site have some what of a variety more so than the pins we have in the US store.

I read somewhere (probably on DPF) that the responsibility for pin buying for the UK online/stores is moving to the US. Anything could happen now.

I think its mainly laziness. Much like the ONE PARK philosophy. Why create something new when you can just take the generic stuff from the park and throw it up online. So they take the cost of one design and spread it over many different areas (DL, WDW, Disneystore, and soon to be europe).

Disney Store UK, however, knows what they're doing.
Jon, I don't believe that they do know what they are doing. Disney Store used to listen to collectors, communicate very well and ask opinions. We were asked to do surveys etc. Once they got the edition size better pins were selling out now there are a lot of pins that take a long sell out. The service received from UKDS is awful now, a result of which I am no longer ordering from them.

@minnie594 I posted a thread about it, it is not just the buying of pins that is moving to the USA but all products. Will be interesting to see what happens now and how that impacts everything in the stores I over here.

I don't even have a Disney store near me now. Our one closed down yesterday :( not that they sold pins or anything though.

@minnie594 I posted a thread about it, it is not just the buying of pins that is moving to the USA but all products. Will be interesting to see what happens now and how that impacts everything in the stores I over here.

Ah yes I remember now. There was a mention of possibly large clothing sizes which would suit me fine :) Their customer service appears to be dreadful now. As you say, it will be very interesting to see what happens.

Perhaps we should all start sending emails (nice ones) on a monthly basis to DS.com begging for them to bring them back.

That isn't a bad idea, I've had mostly good experiences with the Disney Store, they seem to listen decently well to feedback. Look at the increased edition size for the Designer Villains doll collection, they went a little overboard, but everyone who wanted them got them (some for cheap too). They listen.

Perhaps those Peter Pan and Monsters sets sitting online for months are the problem. But you'd think they'd figure out to quit it with the sets and go back to NICE LEs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back