• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why don't we have the Power to Close our Own threads?

Why don't we have the Power to Close our Own threads?

creativextremeties

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
I'm not sure if I'm missing something here but If we have started a thread I believe we should have the ability to close it right? This ability would prevent a lot of the drama on this site and make it to where some of the threads that go wrong don't have to go as far as they do if the creator of the thread want's to put a stop to it.

Is there already a way to close your own thread that I am not seeing? If so, please let me know where so I know how to do it without having to wait for a mod to decide to close something i already want to close :)

Thank You!
<3 Laz

We have the power to close our own sale/want threads. But that's all we have, and frankly all we probably need. Think how many threads may possibly be closed prematurely just because the author thought he/she was done discussing it? Just because the author is done with it, doesn't mean every one else is. Imagine how many part2, part3 threads we'd be having because people still want to discuss a certain subject. Ick...

If you ever feel like a thread needs to be closed, or getting out of hand, don't be afraid to report it using the button directly on the post. The mods will get to it as soon as they can.

Grim,
Do you mean like SPAM reporting....I know you can do that with the lttle arrow on the bottom left
I have reported several of those!

We have the power to close our own sale/want threads. But that's all we have, and frankly all we probably need. Think how many threads may possibly be closed prematurely just because the author thought he/she was done discussing it? Just because the author is done with it, doesn't mean every one else is. Imagine how many part2, part3 threads we'd be having because people still want to discuss a certain subject. Ick...

If you ever feel like a thread needs to be closed, or getting out of hand, don't be afraid to report it using the button directly on the post. The mods will get to it as soon as they can.

This is precisely why we have chosen to not allow users to close their own threads outside of the marketplace.

We have seen a lot of back and forth arguing in some threads and allowing someone to close their own thad after they've "had the last word" is like a kid taking their toys and going home.

It would undoubtedly spark the immediate creation of another thread piggybacking on the previously closed thread and the tension would likely be higher as people would take a "how dare they" attitude toward the original thread starter.

You can always report a post to us and we will get an immediate notification via email. We all have smartphones, so once we check on it and conclude that the thread should be closed, we can do so from wherever we are at the time.

Back