• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly ā€” This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ISO Wild goose chase

ISO Wild goose chase

Wenzel

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

Bit of a long shot but I have been trying to complete this figment hidden mickey set since 2013 I believe there are 4 total. I had the third at one point but it fell off in the park in 2015 and I haven't seen it since (šŸ„²). The others are the different variations of the test track pins. See wayyy back in the day (like '04) I got stuck on the test track ride (twice consecutively) and bought the first pin as a funny memory (it was also likely the very first pin I ever bought) I now buy them every time I go and they've been updated. But I'm sure I'm missing a few. If anyone has any of either they are willing to part with in exchange for a reasonable fee I would be ecstatic. I've been searching for those Figment pins for the better part of the last decade and since it's unlikely I'm going to get back to the parks again for a while I thought I'd see if anyone here had them. I am also willing to exchange for pins from my own collection if I have any you like and/or make baked goods of your choosing in addition to payment. (Gives me an excuse to bake honestly lol)

Thanks in advance!

e1f3e203fd3516a6e89828aabac00a97.jpg
7c277b33a6aedcccdbb7a75ef2639419.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone!

Bit of a long shot but I have been trying to complete this figment hidden mickey set since 2013 I believe there are 4 total. I had the third at one point but it fell off in the park in 2015 and I haven't seen it since (šŸ„²). The others are the different variations of the test track pins. See wayyy back in the day (like '04) I got stuck on the test track ride (twice consecutively) and bought the first pin as a funny memory (it was also likely the very first pin I ever bought) I now buy them every time I go and they've been updated. But I'm sure I'm missing a few. If anyone has any of either they are willing to part with in exchange for a reasonable fee I would be ecstatic. I've been searching for those Figment pins for the better part of the last decade and since it's unlikely I'm going to get back to the parks again for a while I thought I'd see if anyone here had them. I am also willing to exchange for pins from my own collection if I have any you like and/or make baked goods of your choosing in addition to payment. (Gives me an excuse to bake honestly lol)

Thanks in advance!

e1f3e203fd3516a6e89828aabac00a97.jpg
7c277b33a6aedcccdbb7a75ef2639419.jpg

Do you have your wants listed on pinpics or ptdb?

Are the figments the ones you have and you are looking at the rest of the sets (those are from two different t ones)? Or are those the ones you are looking for?

Do you have your wants listed on pinpics or ptdb?
Nah, I don't really use those sites very much (I briefly tried to get my collection uploaded and sorted a while back but it was slow and arduous and I-embarrasingly quickly- got bored/annoyed and gave up) I'll probably go back to it at some point. XD
Are the figments the ones you have and you are looking at the rest of the sets (those are from two different t ones)? Or are those the ones you are looking for?
I have the two bar shaped ones, I believe there are two more in the set (I had the third at one point and lost it while in the park and yes I'm stills salty). The bottle cap one is unrelated to my current quest. I sort based on character and then collection within character as applicable as opposed to strictly by collection, yes this makes completing sets harder but it's also how I sort my bookshelves so it's probably going to stay that way until I have significant reason to move them. (probably when I fill up that book). Sorry for the lack of clarification! And thank you for asking!

Okay. Sorry to say, but I think both of the ones you have may be scrappers. The bottom one especially looks much too gray. It should be the same purple as his eyelids on the top one. And the top one looks overall too light. Although that one might just be the photo. While you don't have your wants/traders on pinpics, I will say that the pictures they have for these pins is accurate if you want to compare yours there. Of course, since they are for your collection, you may or may not care.

I might have one (or more) of the ones you are looking for. I will check a bit later and send you a DM if I do.

Hi there,

My best lead would be for you to check out FryGuyPins; all of the pins are authentic and have some at great deals ranging from common mystery, hidden mickeys, mid-range, and grails! You can catch them live on Instagram Sunday and Monday nights or sometimes mid-day on Fridays. They are always willing to help track down a pin for you or help with authenticity of pins that you may have found elsewhere before you purchase. Wish you the best of luck on your hunt!

Okay. Sorry to say, but I think both of the ones you have may be scrappers. The bottom one especially looks much too gray. It should be the same purple as his eyelids on the top one. And the top one looks overall too light. Although that one might just be the photo. While you don't have your wants/traders on pinpics, I will say that the pictures they have for these pins is accurate if you want to compare yours there. Of course, since they are for your collection, you may or may not care.

I might have one (or more) of the ones you are looking for. I will check a bit later and send you a DM if I do.

I agree with @Ajk regarding your Figment pins being likely scrappers.
If you don't know what a scrapper is, that is a pin that didn't pass quality control at the factory and were supposed to be thrown away aka scrapped.

Many people use scrappers = fakes = counterfeit, but that's actually not the case

Look what just came in! Courtesy of the wonderful Ajk! Thank you so much! I'm officially one pin closer to completing my 10+ year mission! :)
Knowing my luck I'll complete the set in my death bed or some such tosh. But that's half the fun of it!! (If the pic didn't load it's a pic of one of the figment hm pins. The pin displays Figments back and wings)
Tysm!!!
990ff0b4554c975b0481310c27375800.jpg

Back