• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Worried these pins from eBay are fakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worried these pins from eBay are fakes.

jTrack

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you guys see if they are real or fake? Thanks!

28pgly.jpg

28icgu9.jpg

[pinpics]51362[/pinpics] Seems legit
[pinpics]66621[/pinpics] Seems legit
[pinpics]70892[/pinpics] Seems legit...no warnings issued.

[pinpics]75686[/pinpics] If yours has a silver backing, it may be a scrapper or counterfeit. This pin has known reproductions.
[pinpics]58423[/pinpics] Has known reproductions. If the tree is more lime in color, it's not legit.
[pinpics]66612[/pinpics] Known reproductions. Color tint is off and font is a different size on back.
[pinpics]66611[/pinpics] Same as above
[pinpics]75167[/pinpics] Scrapper Alert: An easy way to spot would be to look at the base of the post on the back. It is raised and not as close to the pin as the real ones are. And in some cases, the two nubs are not even the same size or are crooked. Also, the base of the post is smaller than the real ones and set much higher and almost at the top of the back of the pin.
[pinpics]75166[/pinpics] Same as above. Colors look way off to me.
[pinpics]75169[/pinpics] Again, same as above and colors look off.

Last edited:
If from ebay or any other auction sorce, I would say they are all fakes. I trust nothing from ebay, especially in lots.

I would agree. I have bought a single pin for 3 dollars that was legit before. If those pins were in a lot they are most likely not real or scrappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back