• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Worst trade you ever made? Hehe, share your bad experiences!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst trade you ever made? Hehe, share your bad experiences!

zoelovespins

It's pronounced Zo-ee.
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
so, we were talking about bad trades in chat and i was wondering if you guys made any trades that you just totally regretted afterwards. Mine was probably this:
My Pin 88583: Disney Store Europe - Tangled Gondola Pin
For their Pin 80965: DLP - Rapunzel
Stupid stupid stupid! lol. share your bad trades!

I remember I had gotten the Rapunzel stained glass mirror and flynn on chair and I traded them for something I cant even remember just before the boom hit for Tangled pins.

I traded my Snow White PODM when it first came out for 4 of the new Alphabet hidden mickeys at DLR!!! But that was when I was still kinda new to pin trading, so I didn't really know the value of LE vs. HM pins.

Last edited:
I havent been trading long but my worst trade so far was this HM Madame Medusa 73306 for this HM 62952. I traded it with a CM at WDW but Im pretty sure its a scrapper.

There is too many to list.... Sadly.... But I have a mental list of people I won't trade with anymore because of it. But I remember just so many bad trades and it's hard to say what was the worst. :(

I wouldn't say that these were bad trades, but I kind of regret trading and selling my Princess Reveal / Conceal set..... I thought for sure I could easily trade for them again. But I was wrong. Alas, I am sure they are at good homes. :)

Sadly, just a lot of the trades I made with CM lanyards back before I knew about scrappers. Once I started learning how to spot them I was sad at how many I'd wound up with. On the other hand, it's maybe a miracle I wound up with as many REAL Hidden Mickeys as I did!

sadly, just a lot of the trades i made with cm lanyards back before i knew about scrappers. Once i started learning how to spot them i was sad at how many i'd wound up with. On the other hand, it's maybe a miracle i wound up with as many real hidden mickeys as i did!
agree!!

When grumpy74 started trading he fell in love with,Pin 20853: Walt Disney Classics Collection Production Mark Pin Set - Entire Set so he proceeded to trade my auctions pins for each one with this lady who would trade one pin out of the box for one DA pin and then at the end wouldn't give him the "hardest" pin and box as the last trade, I almost killed him, then he got so frustrated he used them as TRADERS shortly thereafter we had a pin divorce...

My worst experience is not mine but my son. He was 12 and we were at a PTN. He was determined to get me a good Donald. He met some adult who traded him a Donald worth about $20 (ebay) for an entire set of Gold Card Train pins (maybe $150 on ebay, if you can find them). He was sure he'd gotten a good trade because this jerk too such advantage of him and was so smooth. He figured it out later.

Just one of the reasons I'm not that wild about PTNs anymore. Who would rip off a 12 year old kid that way? Two years later it still bothers me. And, he's pretty much done with pins. This was one of the reasons.

charlesu said:
My worst experience is not mine but my son. He was 12 and we were at a PTN. He was determined to get me a good Donald. He met some adult who traded him a Donald worth about $20 (ebay) for an entire set of Gold Card Train pins (maybe $150 on ebay, if you can find them). He was sure he'd gotten a good trade because this jerk too such advantage of him and was so smooth. He figured it out later.

Just one of the reasons I'm not that wild about PTNs anymore. Who would rip off a 12 year old kid that way? Two years later it still bothers me. And, he's pretty much done with pins. This was one of the reasons.

Just a question. Just asking. Why does a 12 year old have $150 set in his trade book and is wandering around Trade Night? Not judging, just asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

This is the trade (and possibly #1 thing in my life) that I regret the most:

I traded for these pins:

I traded away my:

I would have rather bought all those pins or traded for them 1 by 1 than EVER give up my Rapunzel R/C pin!

I'm not sure if this is the worst we've done, but it's high up there on our list of "wow that was stupid".

We received these:

And traded these for them:

:cry:

The worst trade ive done so far is

MY:
pin88633th72

THEIRS:
pin54667th72

Yeah...I felt pretty stupid....and I regret it....oh well lesson learned LOL

By all technicality, this is a 'bad trade'

Pin 84653: Aladdin and Jasmine Carpet Ride Philharmagical Dining

For my
Pin 86852: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection Rapunzel Pin

Not gonna say it was THAT terrible since I like the Aladdin pin A LOT more than the Tangled pin (i loved rapunzel pins, but that pin just bothers me)...It's just that maybe a week or two later, I found the same pin on ebay for $8 lol (yay trader?)

Ah well! I still like it more, so I guess it works out in my favor? XD

Last edited:
Hi,
Yeah I ve Done a few crappy trades just to get a pin I wanted but as long as its around the same expense its not too bad :)
I suppose it depend on how much you want the pin your trading for.
When I started out at DLRP I had a load of UK Limited on lanyards and a family came up to me and took what I now know was some really good ones for not so popular DLRP cast member one.....But I was happy with the pins , But now I look back and think how easy it was for them (I actually think they knew what they where doing).
If its a char pin that I can t get over here in the UK I will give a good pin as I know the only other option is auction sites which I try not to use too much :)

You guys are making me super nervous about trading in DLRP in October! It's my first time there, what should I be looking out for? I don't want to come home with a load of scrappers!

-Charlie

You guys are making me super nervous about trading in DLRP in October! It's my first time there, what should I be looking out for? I don't want to come home with a load of scrappers!

-Charlie

Ah don t be just try to enjoy the experience , Also don t be scared to ask to have a good look at a pin before you trade it. I try to do limited pins for limited pins now unless I know about a particular pin. The trading post in DLRP is good you can get some trades there. Look online to know what to look out for stuff like dips in paint , pattens on the back of pin etc if you check out the comparison section on this forum there is a few pointers (I think that is where some info is hiding lol)
Don t let Scrapper or fakes stop you hobby it can be alot of fun!!! :)

Just a question. Just asking. Why does a 12 year old have $150 set in his trade book and is wandering around Trade Night? Not judging, just asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Great question. He was with my wife. However, the damage was done by the slick talking trader. He was a pretty decent trader but just got taken advantage of at a moment he was trying to do something nice for me. Even my wife was taken in by this guy. Long story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back