• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Would there be any interest in this for a trade auction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would there be any interest in this for a trade auction?

echoharmony

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
As some of you may know, I've been hand painting cork boards to display my pin collections on. They look beautiful and I've had absolutely no problems with paint rubbing off onto the backs of pins or anything. I was thinking about offering a custom hand painted cork board to the winner of a trade auction. Due to shipping costs, this would only be open to southern California people and would be delivered to downtown Disney, but would anyone actually bid on something like this? You would be able to choose the two colours, one for the frame and one for the cork. It takes me quite a number of hours to complete one, and I know a lot of people just don't have that kind of time, with work or school or both, to do something like that themselves.

What do you folks think?? Any genuine interest? What would YOU bid, if anything?

I think you should offer to sell or trade for one in "other" forum and post some pictures of the ones you have done in the past. I'm sure there will be someone that is interested, but due to the fact that you will not be shipping them it might be harder for you to get a fair offer in an auction.

Thanks for the opinions. Here are a few pictures of ones I've done in the past:

P1150204.jpg

P1150148.jpg

P1140867.jpg

P1140846.jpg

P1140762.jpg

And yes I would include some of those pics in the trading/selling thread to show examples :) I was thinking auction though because I wouldn't really know what to ask for!

These are gorgeous! Do you mind my asking what kind of paint you use? (I'm in Canada, so no way would shipping be a reasonable option!)

I think your cork boards are absolutely beautiful (Especially the Sword in the Stone one! But I'm partial to that movie, and also to purple and blue.) The only reason I didn't comment when I saw this post is that I already have my pins in special little frames, and I'm happy with the way they look... at least for now. :)

I think a lot of people would be very interested in your frames, but you have to give it time. Leave this thread open for at least a few more days and let people see your work! (Also, you might want to keep in mind most of the people on this forum don't live in Southern California, and therefore couldn't participate in this auction, even if they wanted to... hence the lack of immediate posts.)

Good luck!

Thanks everyone! Pargani, I use acrylic paint :) I wish there was a more economical way to ship larger items like this!! Disneycrazee if you pay for the supplies, you don't have to have anything on my want list, I can just pick from your trade list :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back