• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wow...just wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...just wow

NChouser

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I totally understand that if you can make a dollar you should but holy hell the greed that runs the pin biz is crazy! I am seeing prices in the 100's!

I am sitting here budgeting $20-30 a month and there are people excited to get a pin set for $600 ( 3 pins). I get it though. If I had 3K sitting around you best believe I would be buying some pins. It just really sucks! I mean the pins cost $13 on average. If I lived near DSF I would not have to work. I could just hustle pins all day! lol

Well anyway...just wanted to vent. I totally get it and respect the game. It just sucks for the low life peeps :)

Happy Trading/hustling!! haha

- Nathan

The plight of pin traders with small budgets who don't live by a place to pick up brand new pins >_< It's okay, I think anyone who is in these circumstances goes through this mood at least once ;) I'll say it backwards too just for the funzies:

wow tsuj...wow

I know, it must suck coming back here and seeing all these high prices. x.x

It really is getting outrageous.

I was seriously considering buying a pin for sale for a couple hundred dollars... and then I thought "What am I even doing??" It's hard to be patient when there's such a frenzy. People follow trends, which is good for sellers, it just makes me wish I wasn't a broke college student :wiggle:

I've come back after a year break and am wondering what the hell has happened too lol. It seems more like a buy-to-sell-off market with certain pins now :(
i found an awesome pin the other day but would have cost me £65. I didn't end up getting it in the end as I couldn't justify paying out that much money for one pin which would have been half of my weeks wages! :(

I thankfully collect a film that isn't seen as desirable as most, which is good for me. I wanted my grail for months at 120 dollars but there was no way I could afford it. So I sold my traders and bought it with the money :) so it's like I traded the 6 pins I sold for my grail. Obviously if you collect tangled this probably won't help but it may be handy for some.

:( I know!! a grail of mine was on ebay yesterday and it was at £12, so I bid £15 last 30 seconds of the auction...and it jumped from £15 to £56.99 within 30 seconds!!! It was crazy :( but gutted i missed out on it

:( I know!! a grail of mine was on ebay yesterday and it was at £12, so I bid £15 last 30 seconds of the auction...and it jumped from £15 to £56.99 within 30 seconds!!! It was crazy :( but gutted i missed out on it

Was that the beauty and the beast with the rose? I was winning it up until £12. Then blam! I lost it :'(

Ah yes the Ebay hustle! I have been there before too! I have my pin all ready to be won and it ends up going for $30 more than it was at with 20 sec to go...failure :(

Hehe I was watching that pin too and was going to bid in the last seconds but had no hope, I couldn't go anywhere near that high! Lol I wish they would bid that much a little earlier in the auction so I can get over the loss a bit earlier lol!

Had that problem a couple of weeks ago was about to get a cute little lady pin and then BOOM frozen IPad... In the last five seconds... And someone swooped in

I am much happier on eBay when I lose out and it is WAAAAAAAAY more than I would ever have paid than when someone gets it for like $1 or less more than my high bid. Or when I forget to bid on an auction and it goes for way less than I would have paid. Then I am really slapping my head!

I am much happier on eBay when I lose out and it is WAAAAAAAAY more than I would ever have paid than when someone gets it for like $1 or less more than my high bid. Or when I forget to bid on an auction and it goes for way less than I would have paid. Then I am really slapping my head!

yes I agree!! the worst is when it's like a tiny amount more then what you bid!! at least it was £36 more then I was willing to pay! ahaha

I totally agree .. Ive been in pin trading for years, and up until recently have always managed to trade for or buy the pins I want. But lately with these high prices, I just have no chance of getting any pins. I havent even been able to buy pins from the UK website cause they go so quick and then everyone wants the earth for them. Its enough to make me give up on pin collecting, and quite frankly the longer these high prices continue, it will eventually be the death of pin collecting because no-body will be able to afford the pins!!

One of the worst feelings ever... #pintraderproblems

Yeah, I just used a hashtag...I'm now disappointed in my self #selfdisappointment

crap #oopsIdiditagain

I agree like everybody else; it's out of hand. I've only seen this happen since Facebook and other social media really kicked into gear. When it was just ebay and Disney Auctions/Disney Shopping + the parks, it was doable. Now.... it's becoming ruthless.

If I didn't live near Anaheim, Orlando or Paris there's no way I would even consider continuing this madness. I give major props to those of you who trade and collect from other states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back