• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

YIKES! My open apology...

Status
Not open for further replies.
YIKES! My open apology...

Spiffie

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I just returned from WDW on the 3rd and was there for 5 days. I posted previously that I attended the last DVC Member Merry Mixer where there was pin trading and I received 3 AP pins at my family's turn at the board. However, while waiting in line to trade, I was approached by a young man (20s) who had overheard that I had some of the PWP character keys for trade. He holds up this ziploc bag full of pins (all together against one another) and asks if I would trade him. I explained that I was just trading for other PWP key pins to complete my set and he seemed saddened but went on his way. I am sure the look of horror on my face when he held up that bag did not get past him without his notice! I didn't intend to be stand-offish and if he is a member of this board, I wanted to apologize. I know wearing lanyards, vests and such can be very heavy and burdensome in a park, but I beg of you, please, please don't throw all your pins in a ziploc bag without some other kind of protection for them! Even if they are in smaller bags inside that bag, it would be better!

Of course, this is just my opinion and not a RULE anyone must follow!

Yeah, I waited for 2 minutes as someone wanting to trade with me searched through her entire purse to try and find the single pin she had floating around in there. I just sat there watching not knowing what to do because I knew the pin would not be in good condition and I probably wouldn't trade, but I didn't know what to say. I just waited and then respectfully declined when she finally pulled it out of the bag all scratched and banged up. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back