• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Zapped Left and Right!! Thank you Jadestarr, mad hatter, and Maddy!

ZAPPED! Zapped Left and Right!! Thank you Jadestarr, mad hatter, and Maddy!

ElysionsPrincess

Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hi everyone!! So I'm back from Disney World and it was amazing!! I will be posting about my trip with some pictures in Anything Goes if you would like to see! :) But for now and here I am sharing the wonderful zaps I received before, during, and after my trip!! Thank you all so very much!!

First and foremost is the zap I received from jadestarr with my trader package I purchased before my trip!! It was such a wonderful surprise! Unfortunately I made like...one trade in the park from my bag, so most of the traders I bought didn't do me much good, but now I have more online traders, so that is always swell lol! Thank you so much Jadestarr!!

BKwjuRuCAAEV2IO.jpg:large

The second zap I received was my first IN PERSON zap from mad hatter's wife, Tammy!! We met at DTD Pin Traders for the 13 event Gaston pin. I had made them a silly anniversary card, so I gave that to her first, I think I may have startled her lol. Then she took a look at my traders (two whole pages, totally pathetic! lol), and then she showed me hers (OH MY GOODNESS were they ever beautiful!!). Flipping through the pages I saw so many fantastic pins!! They are some serious traders, I look up to them! Well anyways, in one of the mesh pockets, I spotted the DSF Merida riding Angus pin. It was still on its card, shiny and beautiful. I probably let out some kind of gasp, I think I may have poked it lol, I don't remember. I was in pin-shock. I kept flipping through, and I saw a Pocahontas I liked as well. When I reached the end of her book, she started packing up and we were chatting, and as I was getting ready to stand back up (we were sort of crouched on the ground), she handed me the Merida pin and said, "Happy early birthday". I teared up, it was so hard to stop myself from crying!! I was wearing the dumb birthday button because the concierge guy told me it was "close enough," but my birthday isn't until July 29th. I feel like I should wrap this pin up and open it again closer to my birthday! I have never received a gift so generous and kind from anyone in person like that in my whole life. I will never forget that moment!

As if that wasn't enough, she also traded me the Pocahontas pin that I liked for one of my Rapunzel pins, for one of their children. Even though the Pocahontas was probably wayyyy nicer than the Rapunzel! So that was also very generous!

AND THEN after I returned to my spot in line, she approached me once more a few minutes later, with a stack of booster pin packs. She told me I could pick two, because I didn't have many traders!! I picked the princesses so I could trade with some little girls, and she suggested the cars for the young boys. She also suggested I put them on a lanyard so that I wouldn't have to open my book for children and have to tell them no. It really, really came in handy!! I made a few friends with some kids I think (I actually ended up giving some away...I can't resist their adorable faces!!) I feel like my trading experience was increased a hundred fold thanks to Mrs. Tammy!!

Thank you so, so very much!

BKwecDcCQAAqdNT.jpg:large

And THEN, last but not least, I arrived home today to something I have been anticipating for quite some time now!

*drumroll please*

Artwork from Maddy!!

935519_553468308036582_1622321306_n.jpg

So, so, SO adorable!! Maddy is such a talented little girl!! It took me a while to get it...I had to ask Darris (Rasputin), but after he told me, I was like, "how could I have NOT seen it?!".

935841_553471461369600_16071099_n.jpg

Its Fix it Felix Jr. and Qbert on the train!! Look how adorable and smiley Felix is! :) I cannot wait to buy a frame for it and put it with my Fix it Felix collection! :D Thank you so much!!

I also received this pin from the Wax family:

BKweNOZCIAAd2ZI.jpg:large

This pin could not have come at a better time! Although my mom and I had a wonderful vacation together at WDW, we still experience some issues from time to time. The sight of this pin put a smile on her face again, which in turn made me really happy. I cannot wait to put this on my Brave display once it is finished!! Thank you so much!! :)

Amazing!! ^.^ So much nice-ness in one place!!
I am so glad you enjoyed your vacation!!! Seems like so much fun!

Back