• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really say for sure because I don't really no anything about that particular pin, but you might be getting some replies which contain either the S-word or the F-word. Neither of them are really curse words, but neither of them are really good words either. Again I am very sorry as I am of no help with your particular question here but even if your pin is not a S-word or F-word I do know how so many people like to jump to conclusions no matter what (again I am openly admitting that I have no clue about this pin). Anyway, I wish you the best in your quest for trying to find out some more information on the pin and just a reminder to make sure you at least hold on to it until you feel comfortable with all of the pins details. Becasue overall it seems to be a very rare and very nice pin.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh yeah. Unfortunately I know exactly what you mean about the grains of sand simile. They just seem to follow you around and are everywhere. You can find them all over the beach (Disney Parks/Resorts), in your car (your lanyards), and sometimes even in your house (your collection) hahaha. I personally still have no idea, but like you said the fact that you only seen one of them around could be a really encouraging sign. That's what I would think anyway. Maybe it is as simple as somebody had it, noticed there was something not quite right about it, and then just decided to trade it for something else that they liked better and where willing to part ways with this one, not realizing the rarity of this pin. I know just the fact that you said that you got it in a trade book from a resort would be enough to make some people say "oh then it is definitely not a real pin, you can't find pins like that in a trade book, that's impossible". Them kinds of people don't understand that while unlikely, sometimes people are fortunate enough to find some really good pins in trade books or off of a CM's lanyard. Off course like I said those pins would probably only be there in the first place because an inexperienced trader may have liked an open edition Stitch pin more than their LE 150 Hannah Montana Pin and traded for it. Or in some cases a really cool cast member may have thrown it in there. Heck even after looking at your pictures it still looks o.k. to me, I would probably need to see it in person, but the pin is actually a really cool design. Even though I am not a Hannah Montana fan, I would love to have a pin like that if they made one for Song of the South and if I did have one, and if mine was in the condition that yours is in, I would still be happy to keep it. Anyway I hope somebody will be able to give you some more info about this pin because I am curious too. I have never heard but I would be interested to hear if 100% authentic Disney pins have at times been known to blister up like you said this one has. I guess it could be a paint issue so maybe it is like when an old painted chair sits in the sun too long how it can start to blister up. Or in some peoples cases when they stay in the sun too long they can even begin to blister up. Well good luck anyway and thanks for sharing. I wish the best for whatever the future may hold for this crazy pin.

Is the paint lifting or curling off the metal? or is there an air bubble?

We have three pins that have paint curling or lifting. An LE Roger and Jessica Rabbit pin from the "Wish You Were Here!" Disneyland postcard series, a WDI Muppet Haunted Mansion Doombuggy pin with Kermit and piggy, and a.... Well just two. But in both pins in a corner where paint is seperated by metal outlines, the paint is lifting or curling or just fell off. We cant fix one which sucks bad and the other is slowly curling up. We looked at someone elses pin with the same problem and we classified it as a fault in design because the paint came off or curled in the same corner as our pin.

As for value, many pin traders and collectors tend to be perfectionists with pins. The pins must be in tip top shape to trade. No exceptions. The picture you posted is very blurry and hard to tell what your proble is and if were being relevant or not. but if we are then value shouldnt matter as the pin lookes fine. Value should be the same as anyone elses. as for condition. I wouldnt be able to tell you. sorry.

We have just stuck it out. In the end, theyre just painted pieces of metal. We love trading in collection but we dont really make it our life.

Value should stay the same. Condition should be slighty lower but not by much. It should be oky.

I would guess that it's a scrapper. Pin karma is a funny thing, people who promote and trade scrappers usually end up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back