• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2012 BATB Mystery Packs - box says LE, PinPics Says No

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012 BATB Mystery Packs - box says LE, PinPics Says No

Mbsmart

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Can you help this newbie out...again?!? Haha! I purchased 2 mystery boxes from Disney. The box they came in said each box included 2 LE pins. But PinPics says they aren't LE and there's no marking on the backs of any of the pins. So, let's just say they ARE LEs...how can I find out how many were made of each design? Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing, the info on PinPics is uploaded by users like you and me, so there are bound to be some mistakes. When you find a mistake, you can comment and they can amend the description to include your change.

In terms of figuring out how many are in the LE size, I'm not totally sure. I would just google around and see if you can find any blogs or previous articles from Disney that talk about the pins. Good luck!

What set specifically is this? Do you have a Pinpics number for the box or an individual pin?

What set specifically is this? Do you have a Pinpics number for the box or an individual pin?

WDW New Fantasyland Mystery from 2012. #94083 is one of the pins. The mystery box is #94075. On PinPics, the LE box is not checked. But I'm the description it does mention limited release. Are the two terms used interchangeably (LE v. LR)? Thank you so much!

I have that pin :)
As far as I'm aware it's part of a standard mystery set .
Limited Release / Limited Edition are different things , usually the seasonal mystery sets (think Halloween or Christmas) are limited release so they won't be around for a long time hence limited release .

Limited Release is a term Disney started using about 2010, to fill in the gap between open edition pins and limited edition pins. They are usually limited, but with a high number. Disney used to simply sell pins that were, say, LE5000, or LE7500 but people stopped buying them once the market started focusing more on LE1000 or less pins. The new term kind of made them more interesting to buyers again. But Disney doesn't publish how limited the run actually is. And in a few instances they order additional runs of "limited release" pins.

With Limited Release stuff, you have to consider the factors surrounding the release, if they were restocked, and how long were they available to figure out how limited it really is. The earliest LR mystery boxes maybe had 4000 boxes, and 20 styles of pins making each style a de facto LE400 pin, even if it doesn't say it on the back.

This particular set, however, is still available, so they must have made a lot of them, and continue to restock. So that would make them more like open edition pins.

Limited Release is a term Disney started using about 2010, to fill in the gap between open edition pins and limited edition pins. They are usually limited, but with a high number. Disney used to simply sell pins that were, say, LE5000, or LE7500 but people stopped buying them once the market started focusing more on LE1000 or less pins. The new term kind of made them more interesting to buyers again. But Disney doesn't publish how limited the run actually is. And in a few instances they order additional runs of "limited release" pins.

With Limited Release stuff, you have to consider the factors surrounding the release, if they were restocked, and how long were they available to figure out how limited it really is. The earliest LR mystery boxes maybe had 4000 boxes, and 20 styles of pins making each style a de facto LE400 pin, even if it doesn't say it on the back.

This particular set, however, is still available, so they must have made a lot of them, and continue to restock. So that would make them more like open edition pins.

So helpful! I really like these pins, so I don't really care how rare/common they are...but wanting to learn as much as I can still! Many thanks for your help!

I have that pin :)
As far as I'm aware it's part of a standard mystery set .
Limited Release / Limited Edition are different things , usually the seasonal mystery sets (think Halloween or Christmas) are limited release so they won't be around for a long time hence limited release .

Thought they were all quite nice! I have a few I'm keeping, but also a few duplicates.

If you have duplicates of the belle (yellow dress and blue dress) pins, I'd be interested in trading/ maybe buying :]

I do have one extra Belle in the yellow dress. And a trade would be helpful for me-because I haven't traded before and need to build some credibility with timely, honest trades! My pin pics ID is the same as here: mbsmart.

I do have one extra Belle in the yellow dress. And a trade would be helpful for me-because I haven't traded before and need to build some credibility with timely, honest trades! My pin pics ID is the same as here: mbsmart.

I'll take a look and get back to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back