• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
Right? I'm surprised she was the 3rd to go. I really thought Cruella would have been gone by now. Well, all I can say is that I am glad to finally see another doll sell out. I feel like they will be more ready and willing to do a surprise release when they are all gone.

I honestly thought Ursula would be one of the last dolls left seeing as how upset people were over her being skinny. But she is a very popular character. She, Maleficent and the Evil Queen seem to be the most popular villains. At least they're at the halfway point haha. I am also pretty surprised Cruella is still there as well. Watch her be the last one left.

I have to say that I actually didn't mind the Ursula designer doll. I mean at the end of the day Disney was releasing the designer line and The design for Ursula fit the brief, she looked high fashion and had that designer look. Grant they did not necessarily have to make her thinner but to be honest the doll actually impressed me. I loved the detail and she definitely stood out as a favorite of mine compared to a few of the others.

i am surprised that Cruella is still up for sale but I think that even though a lot of people were vocal about not like the thinner Ursula at the end of the day the doll did look amazing so my guess is that they still bought because of its exclusivity and uniqueness, I mean when are you ever going to see Ursula looking like that again?

Who do you all think will sell out next? Honestly, I adore Cruella and Qo<3 because they are just sickening with their eleganza extravaganza. But! I think that it will be Mother Gothel. Before the dolls were even released, I heard the most positive reviews for her. Sure...she has THE WORST in box posing, but it doesn't change how well done she is. All in all, I fear the poor little Queen of Hearts well have a broken heart when she's the last to go.
Also...I wonder when Ursula will *glitch* back on to the site.

I feel as if Single Merida LE won't be on for much longer. I would hate to say it but the Queen of Hearts is most likely to go next. I need another one however LOL. And Gothel. I wish that Maleficent had made it to at least the 50 dollar sale like the evil queen.

I want the Merida so badly, I had to sell mine because of a medical bill. I will forever regret selling her!

Well, Disney is now offering 40% off the $39.99 (making them $24.00 each) for the remaining Designer Villain Dolls. The Queen of Hearts has already sold out. So only Cruella and Mother Gothel remain. Looks like this is your last chance to get these dolls!

Don't get me wrong, I love these dolls because they are so fun and gorgeous...but...FINALLY! They are FINALLY selling out! It's been so long that they have been on the website that I feel they may have been a blockage against any surprise releases. Kind of like a "well, we won't give you anything new until we get rid of the old stuff first..." I dunno, I think I'm too much of a cynic due to my wanting more new releases...and not getting any!
But still...YEAY!

At this price, I had to get another Designer Mother Gothel doll. So now I have two of all the Designer Villain dolls, except Designer Cruella and Designer Mother Gothel of whom I have three of each. It is such a shame that Gothel is the last to go, because her gown is really gorgeous. You just have to take her out of the darn factory packaging to see the whole thing! So the official sell-out order is: Maleficent, Queen Grimhilde, Ursula, the Queen of Hearts, and then Cruella de Vil. That was not exactly the order I would have thought they would sell out in, especially since there was such a backlash against the body slimming of Ursula and the Queen of Hearts...

Last edited:
Went ahead and picked up an extra Gothel as well - at that price who wouldn't? That is ridiculously cheap (and at the same time aggravating that while this line was not stressful, it was poorly planned out).

Hopefully they won't make the next set of designers such a high edition size. Not that I really care, cuz I love my villain dolls, but it does kinda piss me off that I paid $80 a doll when they are selling now for $24. The DS kinda killed the value of these dolls. No one would even pay retail for them anymore at this point. Good thing I'm not selling mine, but if I had to, I wouldn't even come close to getting my money back.

Last edited:
Right? When the collection came out, I had to convince myself that I didn't like or want the dolls just because of that ridiculous price hike. When they went down in price...like the second time, that's when I caved and shopped. I even got Maleficent thanks to the glitch for under $50. It is a beautiful collection, but...I'm glad it's over.
Also! What I do find to be poetic justice is that, after all this time and all this price dropping, those that bought a bunch to make an Ebay profit...FAIL! ;D
Now...ON TO THE NEXT!
Random thought/hope, if the next set is about "couples", then I'd love it if it was not literal and just about pairs. I'd love a set of designer step sisters!

That'd be cool! Designer Step-sisters. Or friends, Pocahontas and Nakoma. Designer Tiana and Charlotte

I get what you mean about the price point, as I bought many of my Designer Villain dolls at full cost, but for future doll releases, it does really depend on which characters are featured. If the Designer Princesses had been LE 13,000 or so, I think that they still would have sold out quickly, perhaps within no more than a month or so as opposed selling out on the day of release (which was clearly a sign that they did not make enough). For products like these, they should be available for a little bit of time after release.

If I'm being honest, I wish the next Designer Line will be something everyone wants, but also something with a low edition size. That is what makes the previous Designer Princesses so exclusive, in comparison to the Villains, which were quite a disappointment in the way they sold.

I agree that I really hope the next line is something everyone wants but really when you think about it, that's not possible. I think the one property that Disney can usually always sell is the princesses. So if they were going to make something everyone wants, make the princesses. HOWEVER, since they already did that, there are quite a few people who you can see (including myself) that don't want the princesses anymore. This really makes making something "everyone" wants (or mostly everyone) nearly impossible. The only even feasible options I myself can see are:

Princes - alone, these won't work. Not everyone wants them alone and a bunch of people don't want them as couples with their princesses

Heroines - my current favorite but due to the inclusion of less-popular characters, clearly everyone won't want it

Merida - the only single person I can see in all of Disney's properties that will go unopposed. Unless they plan on making the line JUST Merida by herself, I can't see another Designer line pleasing everyone.

Don't know if this has been said before, but maybe they'll just bring out a single Expo exclusive Merida doll to add to the 10 dolls already in the Designer Princess collection? Along with a couples line which isn't Designer? I would love to add Merida to my collection, I just hope they wouldn't glamourize her *too* much :lol: Fingers crossed! :x: ^_^ I think if they do couples, it won't be Designer... but that's just me :lol:

Whilst I agree that I would not be as much of a fan of another princess line. I just can't help but think that it is becoming more and more likely to be another princess line. That way Merida will be included. Granted I highly doubt it will be another designer line and because of that I'm not as bothered about another princess line.

My only worry is if they do another princess line that will be another 11 dolls now on top of the previous 16 from the designer princess and villains. Which means three things:
1) I will need to find more space just to display my dolls or put some on storage and leave my favorites out
2) There may be another 2011 fiasco where the dolls sell out so quick making it difficult to purchase the entire set.
3) With the increase in the price of the dolls in 2012 if they retain that price for all 11 dolls will mean to complete the whole set will cost you $880 which is $120 short of a grand which mind you is a lot to spend on dolls. (Which also makes me wonder if that is why no other LEs have been released as Disney was anticipating this so was giving us a break to save up our money).

if they do the princesses again I would prefer if they did just a few of the princesses and not all just so I can save on space and collecting the set won't be as costly but I can also the backlash from fans of the omitted princesses e.g why was she missed but she wasn't etc.

Eew...1000$ for a doll set? That is way too Hellaexpensive! Seems plausible...but wow that would be insane. Maybe...that will lead to the end of a lot of people finishing their collections. These are a hobby and a luxury...but can't be bank breakers.
So...I hope they are princesses cause...me likes me money.

Yeah if you think about it it is a lot and that is a $300 increase compared to the original cost of the complete set back in 2011 which I think would be absurd and would be pretty harsh of Disney if they were to go down this track. Hopefully they will decrease the price back to the original amount especially since there will be more dolls to collect.

Also they do take up a lot of space and if you are like me and have collected the entire set so far it will make your house/room start to look like the creepy dolls room with dolls lining the walls LOL. That or it would look like your very own Disneystore at home!

Last edited:
Another line of villainesses would be VERY PLAUSIBLE! I hope that couples will just be either a lie or that two different dolls will be released at the same time. Heroines is like aa dream!

The increased cost of the Villain dolls and the higher edition numbers was doomed for failure.

I hope that Disney doesn't take the semi-failure of the villains as an excuse to make tiny edition sizes again. If they had larger princess editions they would still sell and have value. The villains are just too niche for those numbers. I don't want to have to work so hard to get the new collection (if there is one), I hope they keeps things accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.