• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
This waiting period is a such a drag, I just wanna see the dolls already !

Wow. I miss a little bit and I miss a lot. These are really pretty. I like the over glamorized film accuracy. Seeing the lithos, it makes me wish that they had included Tiana and Naveen. But, depending on how they translate over to real life, I think I may actually be sold on Belle and Beast. They were my favorites as a kid. Plus, if they do Beast really well, that is something really special and unique.
Crap. Here I was thinking "Nope. Ain't gonna buy any. Not gonna be interested. Only gonna get surprise Ursula and Elsa." But no. Now I'm contemplating and might be persuaded to buy yet another in this crazy adventure called Designer Dolls. Gah!
I may want to start a Doll Collectors Anonymous after all of this.

Last edited:
Wow, I really love these, especially Ariel/Eric, Belle/Beast, and Rapunzel/Flynn. Does anyone know when these will be released or go up for preorder?

Wow, I really love these, especially Ariel/Eric, Belle/Beast, and Rapunzel/Flynn. Does anyone know when these will be released or go up for preorder?

It will depend if the preorders are D23 exclusive or not. If they are then they will only be available for preorder during the D23 expo from Aug9-11 similar to how the designer princesses were released. If they also release them for online preorder then I would assume it would be around the same time as the expo dates if not the Monday following the expo I.e the 12th of Aug.

Are they any photos of what the LE Ariel and Ursula dolls look like? I'm not a doll collector, but I'm curious about the LM merchandise ^_^

Hi Kupo, the pics of the Ariel LE doll was leaked last week on someone's tumblr page, you should be able to find the link the limited edition dolls thread. Let me know if you can't find it and I can post it on here.

Last edited:

Thanks for the info. Just hoping the DS website doesn't crash when they go up for order/preorder because I expect these dolls may be very popular. :/

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Just hoping the DS website doesn't crash when they go up for order/preorder because I expect these dolls may be very popular. :/

No worries, sorry but I just realized in my post I referred to the wrong month, it was supposed to say 12th of Aug and not Jul. I know what you mean about the site crashing as it is the princesses again I can imagine the popularity will be larger compared to last year. Hopefully disney will brave themselves this time and fix up their servers to ensure it can handle the pressure come sale time.

Just talked with a local DS manager and yep, these are official! Haha, I brought in the picture and she grinned, saying it's actually a leaked pic and that even the cast member behind her didn't know about it yet (wasn't supposed to either). She believes they'll be coming out around October(ish) and that they'll be released every other Monday. I'm so grateful for this; paychecks conveniently come every other week. XD

And one last question (maybe) for the LE-buying veterans on this forum: how much have Designer Disney lithographs cost in the past? I'd love to get them this year, but I'm hoping it's not gonna cost me an arm and a leg...

The Designer Villain Lithograph set from last year was $19.50. The Designer Princess Lithograph set was a Gift With Purchase when you pre-ordered the Designer Princess Doll set at the D23 Expo.

Does this mean if they provide preorders at d23 then they won't provide them to non d23 members online, I'm hoping they will do what they did with the villians and give me a chance to get the complete set at once, what's ur take on this ?

Once again it just depends on how disney goes about it this year. Note that D23 expo is open to the public and you don't have to be a member to be able to get in.

If Disney does decide to sell preorders online like they did with the villains then it will more than likely come up on the 12th of Aug. if not and they decide to follow the same path as the Designer princesses the preorders will only be available during the expo and not online. Like the othersteve said the lithos came as a gift for preordering the designer princesses at the expo. Therefore my guess is that since the lithos were limited to 250 that they only had 250 available for preorder at the expo.

Also it will depend on the edition size. Obviously the greater the edition size the more likely disney will release them for preorder online as well. At the moment it is too difficult to tell as this is the first year after the first expo that these dolls went up for sale and because last year was an off expo year disney did things differently last year so who knows they may decide to keep it the same as the last Designer line during an expo in 2011 or change it up entirely. I think we will only know the final details during the reveal at the Expo.

Cen I still buy tickets to the expo. Plus I'm not a member D23 so can I still buy the set at the expo if I'm not a member. Thanks..do you think the dolls will go on sale on the 9th. Is it a pre order at the expo??do you get the set.

Hi Kupo, the pics of the Ariel LE doll was leaked last week on someone's tumblr page, you should be able to find the link the limited edition dolls thread. Let me know if you can't find it and I can post it on here.

Found it, thanks ^_^ It's a nice doll, but I'm not into dolls so it isn't changing my mind or anything.

I know this may not be the thread for it, but what does everyone think on where the pins will be released? These pins are slowly becoming the set I want to hate but can't so I'm starting to like them more and now I really hope it is DS.com so I at least have a shot No chance of it's a D23-exclusive...

They gave out a randomly chosen Litho (from a set) when we purchased the Silver Cinderella on Saturday ( I received Rapunzel and had it signed by Scott Thompson and Sang Plumlee...then gave it to Brenna (Mad_For_Alice) who is now Head Designer for SJS Apparel )....so there were less than 250 Designer Princess pre-purchase sets @ $595.

I hope if they do have a pin set, I can actually get a set! I never know when they go on sale and once the regular sale is up, that's it because the eBay sharks list it for 1000.00, that's crazy!! Does anyone else think that this is the way the couples will be posed I'm their display box?? I can't wait to see pictures of the dolls, I'm anxiously awaiting how the princes are going to look....they can't be the same play line doll, that would be a hot mess!

I also hope that it is released online, if it is released at D23, the price will start at $1000 at best unless you know someone who can pick you up a set at D23 >_<

Also, I don't think that this is how they will be posted purely because then Belle will need a chair included in her box which I don't think they would do.

I hope they do the pins online and in a much larger (reasonably sized) Edition. I would like to own at least one designer pin someday....

I also hope they do the pins at a larger LE size. I doubt they would do it a reasonable size, but at least a good number and a release where we all can get it >_<

I hope they do the pins online and in a much larger (reasonably sized) Edition. I would like to own at least one designer pin someday....

I hope so too. I can't even remember what they did with the Princess pins, but I remember with the Villains there was no advance warning, so I wasn't about to stay up all hours every day hoping it was listed on the website. So naturally I missed out. These would really make lovely pins. Postage stamps too, quite honestly.

Is it sad that my first concern after the dolls is that they make journals of these? They would be so gorgeous! I have all of the Villains journals, and about 6 or so of the Princess ones. Mugs would be nice as well.

And I want a tote! As if I don't already have enough of those, though.

Yes to mugs and journals! I love my Villains mug set and the single journal I was able to snag (Queen of Hearts; wish I'd been able to get Maleficent as well seeing as she's my favorite villain). Imagine how whimsical those journals could be, especially the Ariel and Rapunzel ones!

The Princess pins weren't even released online They were released at the D23 Expo (which is why I fear these might be as well) and anyone who doesn't attend D23 has absolutely no chance to by them firsthand. The Villains there was no warning but at least it was available to all of the US...oh well, nothing you can stress over, just check DPF ever waking minute of every hour of every day :lol: jk maybe we'll hear something as the expo draws near.

I have to admit, that LM image plastered on a mug is kind of calling me. While I'm not a fan of it in the whole Designer scheme, it's a lovely image in and of itself.

Im pretty sure there will be journals. I've seen the Jasmine one, looks just like the lithos. I would post a picture, but have no clue how to do it.

Im pretty sure there will be journals. I've seen the Jasmine one, looks just like the lithos. I would post a picture, but have no clue how to do it.

Oh, that would be awesome! I would love to see!

You just need to upload the image to photobucket, Flickr, or some site like that, then click on the image picture/link here and enter the URL. On my screen, the image picture/link is right next to the mini-Earth with a red X over it.

The pictures look lovely. I'm most looking forward to seeing Belle. There still hasn't been a good accurate Belle doll IMO. I don't like the facemold of the current Disney store Belle. I hope they use a different close mouthed mold for Belle and for goodness sake, give her her widow's peak! I like the current molds of Snow White and Jasmine, but not Rapunzel, so unless they give Rapunzel a smaller headed more delicate featured mold, I don't see the Rapunzel set being as beautiful as the picture. I didn't really like much of the first designer set and although I had no interest in the males, these pictures have gotten me very excited to see the doll pics.

Journal covers have the same image as the Lithographs. Inside has the couple on the lower corner side of the left side page and Fairytale logo on the upper right page.

Journal covers have the same image as the Lithographs. Inside has the couple on the lower corner side of the left side page and Fairytale logo on the upper right page.

Thank you. Can you tell if they come with attached bookmarks like the Villains journals did? I am assuming they won't revisit the pens that the princess ones came with.

Status
Not open for further replies.