• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
The pictures look lovely. I'm most looking forward to seeing Belle. There still hasn't been a good accurate Belle doll IMO. I don't like the facemold of the current Disney store Belle. I hope they use a different close mouthed mold for Belle and for goodness sake, give her her widow's peak! I like the current molds of Snow White and Jasmine, but not Rapunzel, so unless they give Rapunzel a smaller headed more delicate featured mold, I don't see the Rapunzel set being as beautiful as the picture. I didn't really like much of the first designer set and although I had no interest in the males, these pictures have gotten me very excited to see the doll pics.

Ah I have similar feelings about Belle - I think the one in the picture is gorgeous but if she still have no widow's peak, and villainess eyebrows it could spoil the effect :( Closed mouth mould would be lovely!

Jasmines dress style seems to sort of lack her iconic wide-trousers, and off-the-shoulders straps? Or maybe she is wearing super wide trousers I can't see in the image...

I bet think the following year, 2014 there'll release other couples like Cinderella and prince, Tiana and Naveen etc maybe even another different Ariel and Eric doll (she sells so well)

Yes, the bookmark ribbon has a medal heart shaped "D" at the end...I expect they will also have mugs, scarves and shirts...but again, until Disney makes official announcements, nothing is cast in stone related to the product mix (except for what has been located early and reported on)

Where is everyone seeing the picture of the journals? Are they only being shown to cast members or are they somewhere on the internet already? Also, can anyone say if there are going to be mugs? For some reason, the Designer Villains ones got me into collecting gorgeous Disney mugs to the point where my mom now limits me to having two in the cabinets in the kitchen.

The Journal images were online (but hidden) for a short time. They were pulled several days ago...Disney is generally not happy with leaked information because their cast members are like :dunno: and it makes them look bad.

This is the Jasmine journal picture I found.
Pin%20Forum

Ok it official I'm in love with these journals <3 (at least jasmine's journal)
i hope the dolls look as good as them ^^

I love them all , the shirts , the journal, can't wait to see the actuals dolls. I need to find a rich husband or win at the lottery ^^

The pictures look lovely. I'm most looking forward to seeing Belle. There still hasn't been a good accurate Belle doll IMO. I don't like the facemold of the current Disney store Belle. I hope they use a different close mouthed mold for Belle and for goodness sake, give her her widow's peak! I like the current molds of Snow White and Jasmine, but not Rapunzel, so unless they give Rapunzel a smaller headed more delicate featured mold, I don't see the Rapunzel set being as beautiful as the picture. I didn't really like much of the first designer set and although I had no interest in the males, these pictures have gotten me very excited to see the doll pics.

I totally agree!! The Belle dolls that Disney has released, never look like her....and don't get my started on her gorgeous yellow dress, that's never done justice. IMO, the best Belle dolls released, have been through Tonner Dolls. I have the Tonner Belle in her blue dress and she's proudly displayed in my collection. I would love to add the yellow dress version one day. The only other Belle doll that I have, is the designer collection Belle.

Looking forward to this collection! Hope that the dolls translate well from the lithos Wish I could get the pins for this(if they make them) but may be a pipe's dream. Might just buy all of them!

I love the idea of Snow with long hair, but I can't wait to see actual pics of the dolls because I can't help but wonder how well these designs are going to translate... like, how are they going to pose them? And I'm a little concerned about some of the gowns, like Snow's frothy collar and Belle's decadent "embroidery." But I think I'm actually most interested to see how Belle and Beast turn out.
It looks like Jasmine, Rapunzel, and maybe Snow have props? The Prince seems to have a sword! and... does jasmine have a belly button ring?

Jamie, thank you so much for posting. That is more gorgeous than I could have imagined! Doll purchases aside, I'll definitely be picking up all of the journals.

Did anyone notice the jewel on jasmines belly button, if the doll has that ill die!

EDIT: just saw ur post aurora dawn, and yes it seems she does! Which I think is awesome

Last edited:
Have to say, I'm anxiously awaiting both the pins and the dolls for this set, just too see what will happen with both releases :lol: Good luck all doll collectors and pin collectors (including myself), and may the force be with you, live long and propser, or may the odds be ever in your favor (choose one) to the daring pin AND doll collectors <_<

i want to see the dolls so badly!!!!!!

I am in love with belle and beast and im excited to see how the beast translates into a doll form! because if he's anything like this:

signature_beast.jpg

or this

Disney-Princess-Transforming-Beast-Doll2.jpg

I will be sad because i think theyre both ugly :(

I would love a really well sculpted beast who like had all rooted hair and was just beautiful...but it'd be super expensive! :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back