• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
Not too fond on Ursula was waiting to see her to decided if to get her or the great villains ursula!doesn't give me hope that Maleficent will be any better than the great villains doll.

I like the variant couple but they don't really look like Snow and the Prince to me. But honestly, I like Snow's dress better in the gold. It looks flashy and fabulous.

LOL... They did reference the OUAT yellow gown worn by Emilie de Ravin as Belle for the bodice of DFDC Belle's gown! I knew it! (see 01:27 in the video)...

I don't think her side braid goes well with her in the white/gold dress. That said, I really want her. Too bad I can not go to the expo.

Last edited:
I like how the Snow White gold couple looks like it is more inspired by Once Upon A Time. And, you know, if you were to take her braid and set the end behind her neck or something, I think that tiny difference could make a drastic change. Would I spend the money to test that theory? Nope. Just food for thought.

There is already an auction for the 5 Fairytale couples on eBay.... like really.. You haven't even ordered them yet!!

So this is the popular reaction of the people in the FB page, when this collection was revealed there: Most comments are people asking why weren't the other princesses included, especially Cinderella and Aurora. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised that we get the 5 remaining princesses couples on 2014. Others are arguing about Snow White's awful side braid. The minority are angry moms, (the usual everytime Disney announces Limited edition dolls) complaining about how this dolls are so expensive and limited.

I have to roll my eyes at that last group. There are tons of dolls made to be played with. These are special! I'm glad the price deters some parents from getting them for their children. I have no issues with children having them, but there are a lot of kids who don't value collectibles yet and so if parents are discouraged from buying these dolls it leaves more available for collectors including the children who collect.

Plus if the price was lower we would have swarms of scalpers. If the dolls were not so limited they wouldn't be as collectable (although I'd still want many of them).

I know this thread is generally about the dolls but has anyone heard or seen anything about the fairytale designer costume(s)? I saw in the video that there was a Snow White one. I collect the costumes for my daughter so I was wondering if there was going to be one for each princess (ouch) or just the Snow White one.

The Tangled doll set is definitely my favorite. Flynn is my favorite prince so I was planning on buying it anyway but I am really happy with it. I do not like the Beast doll at all though. Belle looks great but with so many to get I am going to pass on this one. I love the D23 Snow White. Too bad I am not going.

I think it will too. Its hard to imagine that Disney would not give us that option.

I also notice that Snow's Prince looks like his face is inspired slightly by Josh Dallas from OUAT.

Last edited:
I just watched Tangled and does anyone else think Rapunzel's dress looks like her mom the Queen's dress?

I just got an e-mail back from Disney Store, they told me that the pre-order is really JUST for North America residents only. Why do they do this to me and everyone else who lives outside Noth America it is really mean and not fair. It will be even more expensive now for me since I want to buy them all and for all 5 I have to pay for shipping 4 times more instead of just 1 time :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.