• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they are going to have other adult sized costumes from this set? I'm wondering if they just plan on doing Snow White or if we should expect more.

Blue, they are sending me a gift card.

Does anyone know if they are going to have other adult sized costumes from this set? I'm wondering if they just plan on doing Snow White or if we should expect more.

I think that the DFDC Snow White costume is the only one we'll be seeing for this group. All of the DFDC merchandise has basically been laid out officially as of last night, despite the rug being pulled out from under so many people with the pins and the doll set.

I just did. Got my "Regrettably, as your order was being prepared for shipment, we discovered we had insufficient inventory on Fairytale pin set as it is no longer available.."
They didn't know this until they were going to ship it? weird.

Thanks, I was hoping Ariel's or Rapunzel's might come out. I really love the design of the dresses in this set.

Blue, they are sending me a gift card.

I wonder how they divided up the amount between the different sizes for the costume? wondering if was evenly or not....

I wonder when the stores will have the dolls on display like they did with the first designer collection?

I wonder how they divided up the amount between the different sizes for the costume? wondering if was evenly or not....

My guess is that the first 100 orders will be custom made to the specifications of the orders. The materials are probably already lined up and ready to produce. It's just a matter of which sizes to make. It sounds like they may also be individually numbered, or at least have a label saying it is LE 100:

• Woven Disney Fairytale Designer Collection label inside, with edition size

I think that would be a better way to do things. That way the first 100 gets a chance no matter what size they are.

Ok, in the aftermath of everything now that the dust is sort of settling... is anyone else kind of grossed out by the price of the lithographs at $39.95? I ordered a set of course, but last year's Designer Villains set of 6 lithographs at LE 2000 cost $19.50. This time we're getting 5 lithographs (albeit very pretty ones) at LE 5000 for twice the price. It must be the gold foil borders? Btw, the lithograph set was a gift-with-purchase for people who were able to pre-order the doll set at the D23 Expo, so kudos to them for saving $40 on these!

Okay.
We all heard how bad this was.
I was there 5am Friday. And 2 am sat.
Yes. People cut. That sucked. Maybe if they wouldn't have I would have gotten a set on sat. But what can we do? We who were there I'm sure complained to many people- even a fist fight was about to break out right in front of me in line. For what... THESE PINS.
There was only a couple people that got these sets after the cutters and sorceres and they deserve it because they went directly in line after day one ended at 7 and waited out in their same clothes each day.
My angry words not only go to the people who cut but the people who did this whole system anyways.
Am I the only one who believes the sorceres shouldn't be alloud early access all 4 days?! I find that more absurd than any line cutters. Lets face the facts is that Disney made an epic fail for allowing sorceres to get in each day and an EXTRA day in for basically buying out all product before any one had a chance.
This was my first expo- I got pushed, shoved, and even physically ran over with a stroller so the b**ch could cut me off.
I've learned what to do (if I decided to go back in two years. Maybe then ill have a chance to re-coup money and my sanity)

When I saw the D23 flyer with the litho price I was really surprised. I bought them anyway, but I'm not eally happy about the price. Double the price for a set of lithos that has one less than the Villains which also had an edition size that was less than half. The price doesn't make sense.

Hahaha! I just had a terrible person thought...what if I were to order these dolls close to the "I'm sorry...we're sold out. Your order has been cancelled" point of no return and just collect gift cards from each? I would never do it because I don't think I want them, but that would be funny.

BUT! Side note. Curse you Polaris for posting the pictures of the D23 event! As much as I don't really care to have these dolls...Belle and Beast are trying to grow on me. You! I blame you! Their stock photos make it look like a basic dress with the ruffles placed on top as a separate piece, but your photos show it as fuller and prettier. Gah! Plus, Belle and Tiana are my favorites. I feel a need to get Belle now so that, when they make Tiana later, I will have both. And you know...Elsa would look freaking GORGEOUS in this style. (I wonder if she'd be the next D23 exclusive and her alternate one would be the "Diamond Variant" or something. Considering who/what she is, it would be very fitting and ridiculously stunning.)

I placed the pin order too but didn't see a 15% discount code. What was it? Perhaps I can call and get it discounted if I call? IF, of course, my order isn't going to be cancelled

I placed the pin order too but didn't see a 15% discount code. What was it? Perhaps I can call and get it discounted if I call? IF, of course, my order isn't going to be cancelled

D23Magic - have to be a d23 member to use it - other codes that also work are DRVCMEMBER 10% off (visa card member) or DMRAUG $15 off $100 anybody can use that one

Yeah, I was kinda surprised at the price for the lithos too. but I'm glad I waited and paid that price instead of feeding the sharks who want it for $79+ on the bay. On the brighter side of things, my group did get our set and I was able to get the designer Snow pin from a member on here!

For those who tried to buy the Designer Dolls in 2011 online, how fast did they sell out (besides Cinderella and Ariel)? I don't live near a Disney Store, so my only shot is online since I couldn't get the whole set within the "minute" they were available online this morning. I am SOOOO bummed.

I was there the whole length of the ride... and it went something like this:

Designer Belle: approx. 2 Days, LE 8000
Designer Mulan: approx. 6 hours, LE 6000
Designer Snow White: approx. 1 hour, LE 6000 - but it is said that there was a glitch that did not limit her to two per order as it should have.

******From this point, all LE dolls were limited to one per order*******
Designer Aurora, LE 4000 \
Designer Rapunzel, LE 6000 \
Designer Pocahontas, LE 4000 |--- approx. sold out in a little over an hour
Designer Jasmine, LE 6000 /
Designer Tiana, LE 4000 /

Last edited:

As for the last five, the only reason they lasted anytime at all is because the site crashed so much during that time, nobody could check out. If the site didn't crash they would have sold out within minutes I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.