• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
As for the last five, the only reason they lasted anytime at all is because the site crashed so much during that time, nobody could check out. If the site didn't crash they would have sold out within minutes I believe.

So true! That was a really horrible experience!

Sent an email in hopes of a coupon or GC, but of course my luck did not get one and said they hope that this "one experience does not reflect in your mind the quality service we hope to ensure"... Yeah, one time my butt. :squint:

How fast did Cinderella and Ariel sell out online?

Isn't there a REALLY easy way for their website to manage this? Like, have a set amount of quantity aside and the pre-order button can only be pressed that many times, and as long as they are in baskets or CHECK OUT they can't be swiped by others? And just have a timer on your cart that empties after about ten minutes if it is not purchased? I know another website that does this and it is so much better than having to send out 100s of cancellation emails, and enraging all their long time buyers.

Cinderella and Ariel took a few weeks to sell out - it was a new collection and people didn't know until about the 3rd week of releases when Ariel came what was going on plus then the re-sellers on ebay making money helped drive sales as well. The one thing then was that you could call around to the Disney Stores and order the dolls too - anyway that's how I got Ariel in the 4th or 5th week from the store in Chicago and they shipped it to me.

So you can call stores and have them ship? I assume if they haven't sold out from the raffle...

Well, guess I'll be calling every Disney Store in America five times in a row... :hs:

Also, it is the following release dates for in-stores, correct?: August 20th, September 3, September 17, October 1, October 15th, correct? I'm not crazy right?

Are those all Tuesdays? I thought they were usually done Monday? I thought the villains were at least, but my memory is hazy...

I MIGHT be able to go in store and at least try on Tuesdays! Mondays and Wednesdays I would have no possible way, and I thought they were released on Mondays... but Tuesdays I have a gap between 11:40 and 2:15 in my classes... granted, I would have to speed all the way there and back, but I might at least try once Snow is released and see how it goes...

:x: :rofl: :x: :rofl: :x:

I'm sorry for the people that weren't able to pre-order the full set, hope you guys have more luck with the seperate releases! I know it feels now that the dolls are gonna be super hard to get, but that because after the pre-orders at D23 there were only ±100 online pre-orders left available.

Also, do you guys have any idea what time zone the UK uses for their LE doll releases?

That would be a great idea! such a disappointment last night for many. Especially because it was in my bag and when I clicked submit I saw "your bag is empty"..... no it was not!
I'm going to try my luck at the DS's and hopefully be able to get a couple of them.

Sites like ticket master are able to do this...if its in someone's basket they won't let you add the ticket until its released

From memory I'm pretty sure if was 9am GMT with the designer princesses.

So you can call stores and have them ship? I assume if they haven't sold out from the raffle...

Well, guess I'll be calling every Disney Store in America five times in a row... :hs:

Unless they change policies again, they will not ship these to you. They made a rule against it during the Princess 2011 release.

So I just read on another site that there were only 500 full fairytale designer collections sets up for preorder. They were split between D23 and last's night's sale which would explain why they sold out so quickly.

Luckily my husband and I both tried. His order went through but mine didn't.

I just read that as well. Does anyone know how many pre-orders were sold at D23? Based upon how quickly they sold out online I would guess that most of the 500 were sold at D23. I'm sorry that so many people that wanted to order the entire set were unable to do so. I'm a bit relieved that there are still 5,500 of each couple left for stores and individual online sales.

I have also read that there were 750 pre-order sets between the D23 Expo and online last night. I wonder where people are getting the information? In any case, when will the Disney Store realize that the Disney Princess franchise is always going to be in high demand. LE 6000 is a really low, low number. I don't care if the Designer Villains Collection is actually considered to be a failure or not with the doll LE size of 13,000. They could easily sell that amount for the Disney Princesses with no problems...

Last edited:

You couldn't have said it better. Perhaps it would have been better suited if the Villain dolls were at 6,000 and the Fairytale Designer dolls were at 13,000.

I always feel like I don't have good luck when it comes to limited edition merchandise.........oh well, I will try, that's all I can do:/

I was told the presale sets were for 1,000. however this is also coming from the same people that told me the princess pin set was sold out and not going to be on the disneystore so take it with a grain of salt.

The price going up to $129 may have made it less likely that people will hoard them, and allow more to go around, as there just isn't the same room for markup at that price to 4-5x retail for resellers. They were selling the full pre-order set the entire D23 event, whereas the pins were gone instantly each day. The dolls are gorgeous in person, but I think you may need to see them up close to realize the level of detail on the costumes to justify the price.

Oh, and on an unrelated note: Rapunzel's hair goes to the ground, even when she is on her pedestal.

I both agree and disagree with derrickb, yes the price of 129 is quite a bit (there are still 10 dolls however only 5 boxes) you never know what will happen. However as for the pre order not selling out in regard, a lot.. and I mean a lot of people that I was in line with did not know that the dolls were for presale! many who I was in line with did not know, most thought it was only the golden snow white that was on sale, and the others to get a look at just like the mermaid dolls (no pre order just look). People were at the event for many things not just the dolls (games, panels, shopping, w.e.d. store, the dream store and all the many things that were for sale throughout the event)

I'm going to try to add some of the pictures I took - they are clickable to a 640x480 version...

Ariel and Eric

Rapunzel and Flynn - my full body shots were not clear, so I didn't include them....

Snow White and her Prince

Jasmine and Aladdin

Belle and Beast

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, Derrik! By chance did you get a good look at Rapunzel/Flynn's crown? Was it pretty detailed or just average?

You can see it a little in the first picture. I wish I had my phone set for full resolution instead of 640x480 so I could zoom in, but as far as I remember, it looked okay, but not fabulously jewel encrusted, more of a plastic crown, I don't think the 3 large jewels were really jewels.

My problem with the Beast is his body.....his head looks good but he's too SKINNY!! The rest of the doll look beautiful, thanks for posting the pics derrickb Jasmines headpiece is beautiful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.