• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
oh no! i hope the Ariel mug returns! i was going to order two one for me and one for my best friend but i couldnt order till thursday :(((((

Ah, I'm glad it came back up. :) When the website refreshed at around 12:15 am, it was showing as sold out, even with the direct link. I guess the DFDC Ariel & Eric mug is going to be the Designer Queen Grimhilde (Evil Queen) doll of the group: disappearing and reappearing online.

Btw, this morning I also got the e-mail notifying of the cancellation of the pin set. Of course, I had to reach out to them to obtain any sort of compensation...

May I ask what type of compensation you received? An online gift card perhaps?

May I ask what type of compensation you received? An online gift card perhaps?

Yup! Same as everyone else. I am guessing that they all received a briefing about this issue on their end, but are not proactively issuing any compensation until we actually make outreach to complain about the cancellation.

Did anybody else get this poorly written email from Disney - I assume it's about my pin order but they failed to give me an order # or tell me exactly which item this is about:

Dear Disney Guest,

Thank you for placing an order with DisneyStore.com. We always strive to provide a superior experience to you. Sometimes, though, due to unforeseen circumstances, we may not be able to fulfill the high standards that you have come to expect from us. Please know that when that happens, you have our commitment to work with you to find a satisfactory resolution.
Due to overwhelming demand and limited availability, your order will not include:

, quantity of

Please be assured that in the event that you were charged for this item, a credit has been issued to your account.We invite you to contact us so that we may help find another item that will meet your needs. Please call one of our Personal Shoppers toll-free at (866) 537-7649. A Cast Member will partner with you to create a "happily ever after" for your recent Disney Store experience.

Again, thank you for shopping with Disney Store.

DisneyStore.com Guest Relations

i DID! For a moment I thought it was the Ariel mug

So everyone is saying there will be part 2 of this collection next year, is there an expo next year? I would love to have a REAL chance at getting the pins if possible. Apparently 5 seconds is too long to order. I missed the designer pins, villians pins, and the fairytale pins, just a big pin failure.

So everyone is saying there will be part 2 of this collection next year, is there an expo next year? I would love to have a REAL chance at getting the pins if possible. Apparently 5 seconds is too long to order. I missed the designer pins, villians pins, and the fairytale pins, just a big pin failure.

I believe the next expo is 2015, so if they do continue this collection next year, all merchandise sales will be online and in-store only. The pins would be online only. But watch: if this year explodes like 2011 did, next year will see inflated edition sizes again of characters that may or may not sell well!

I believe the next expo is 2015, so if they do continue this collection next year, all merchandise sales will be online and in-store only. The pins would be online only. But watch: if this year explodes like 2011 did, next year will see inflated edition sizes again of characters that may or may not sell well!

Well then wouldn't they most likely wait till 2015 to release the next dolls, they need something exclusive to show at the expo I'm sure.

and who would they do,
aurora
cinderella
Tiana
Pocahantas
????? I need #5

Last edited:
What about Anna and Elsa? Will they qualify with the two men from Frozen, not sure what their relationship statuses will be!

What about Anna and Elsa? Will they qualify with the two men from Frozen, not sure what their relationship statuses will be!

I doubt it....judging by this collection it will be the main princesses, the same ones at single designer collection, but I hear they will have LE 17" dolls for frozen which will be exciting, I really hope this 17" prince thing will be a new trend, I would love a prince naveen for tiana in her beautiful dress, although I'm not so sure, it would be strange to them to work backwards at this point.

Question friends....this will be my first time trying to get Designer dolls online. I know they will be released at midnight, but which time zone?????

Well then wouldn't they most likely wait till 2015 to release the next dolls, they need something exclusive to show at the expo I'm sure.

and who would they do,
aurora
cinderella
Tiana
Pocahantas
????? I need #5

Mulan is the most obvious choice, given the original 10 princesses, plus she is romantically linked to someone who already has a doll in production. That said, anything could change with that. Merida can be marketed with Elinor, and of course Elsa and Anna could be put together -- though of course these would not be romantic couples. It would have been fun to see Elinor and Fergus, but the current Fergus doll is way too short!

As for them waiting until the 2015 Expo, I don't think they would wait two years to complete this collection series if there is going to be a Part 2. Consumers are quick to move on to the next thing, and by 2015, the Disney Store may have decided that they have worn out the Designer concept. I could be wrong, though, as anything is possible with Disney.

Did anybody else get this poorly written email from Disney - I assume it's about my pin order but they failed to give me an order # or tell me exactly which item this is about:
Dear Disney Guest,
Thank you for placing an order with DisneyStore.com. We always strive to provide a superior experience to you. Sometimes, though, due to unforeseen circumstances, we may not be able to fulfill the high standards that you have come to expect from us. Please know that when that happens, you have our commitment to work with you to find a satisfactory resolution.
Due to overwhelming demand and limited availability, your order will not include:
, quantity of
Please be assured that in the event that you were charged for this item, a credit has been issued to your account.We invite you to contact us so that we may help find another item that will meet your needs. Please call one of our Personal Shoppers toll-free at (866) 537-7649. A Cast Member will partner with you to create a "happily ever after" for your recent Disney Store experience.
Again, thank you for shopping with Disney Store.
DisneyStore.com Guest Relations

Yep! I got that exact same email this morning....

Well looks like getting the journals from the US to the Uk isn't going to happen - $76 shipping for the lot! Even without the journals the mugs cost $66 to ship. That is INSANE. I've never been charged that much for anything from the States before :(

D23Magic - have to be a d23 member to use it - other codes that also work are DRVCMEMBER 10% off (visa card member) or DMRAUG $15 off $100 anybody can use that one

You have to be a D23 gold or silver member to use the D23 discount code. I checked (by putting 3 gothels in to see if it would work for the discount). The discount worked but I don't know if they would reverse it (or in another case, put it on, if they verified that one wasn't a gold or silver member)

Last edited:
Well looks like getting the journals from the US to the Uk isn't going to happen - $76 shipping for the lot! Even without the journals the mugs cost $66 to ship. That is INSANE. I've never been charged that much for anything from the States before :(
We should be getting the journals in the UK. I emailed Disney and they said we're getting them. They've even confirmed it on their Facebook page.

They are also claiming on facebook that we are getting the pin set though. Barring some miracle I don't see it happening myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back