• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
My order for the pins shipped tonight as well. I was almost positive it would get canceled. I guess I got super lucky!

I definitely will make a video, but I won't be posting it here (don't want to come off like a nasty person :( )

I think my order went through at around 12:03 (3:03 my time), but it could have been a minute sooner or later, I don't quite recall (I was pretty delusional). I am not really sure what venue would be better for ordering...I have always had the best luck on a laptop with a good internet connection. But my mom's iPad worked well enough for her to get the LE Tremaine a while back...however she didn't sell out nearly as fast. So its difficult to judge for something that was so fast like this :( I'm sorry, I wish I was more of help to you!

I definitely think the prices will deflate, at least for the individual pins. Which are you looking for? I will keep my eyes peeled for you! :)

I definitely will make a video, but I won't be posting it here (don't want to come off like a nasty person :( )

I think my order went through at around 12:03 (3:03 my time), but it could have been a minute sooner or later, I don't quite recall (I was pretty delusional). I am not really sure what venue would be better for ordering...I have always had the best luck on a laptop with a good internet connection. But my mom's iPad worked well enough for her to get the LE Tremaine a while back...however she didn't sell out nearly as fast. So its difficult to judge for something that was so fast like this :( I'm sorry, I wish I was more of help to you!

I definitely think the prices will deflate, at least for the individual pins. Which are you looking for? I will keep my eyes peeled for you! :)

No worries, it wasn't meant to be and that's ok, I'm a dol collector not really a pin collector, i just wanted to have this set to display with my dolls and keep as a keepsake but ill live. Thanks anyway, u are too sweet.

Last edited:
I hope you manage to get the dolls, in that case! :) I decided to pass on this doll collection and try and complete my original princesses instead. These are lovely but the only one I really liked was the gold variant Snow White. Good luck!! :D

What time did the website update for you all? People have mentioned times like 3:03, 3:12, etc. but mine literally did not even update until 3:17 because I refreshed every twenty seconds starting at 2:59. It seems like it was the cut off time for everything! If so, am I at a terrible disadvantage?

I assume it updated at 3 since people who ordered close to that got pins, I know my page didn't update till a few minutes after that, I'm not sure why, but I wish I knew.I refreshed every few seconds too :dunno:

Ok......the person that got their pins on facebook said there order was at 12:13 . Now I'm. Annoyed.....how does disney decide who does and doesn't get their order then?

Brii, I would look at it as a blessing in disguise! If you don't collect pins, you do NOT need to get started on such an addiction, lol. I thought being a doll collector was crazy until I discovered this board. I say that with affection, as a fellow collector (but not of pins).

Ok......the person that got their pins on facebook said there order was at 12:13 . Now I'm. Annoyed.....how does disney decide who does and doesn't get their order then?

This has been happening for years unfortunately. You would THINK they would fill orders based on time stamp, but for some reason they don't. Back when LE 100/250 pins would come out every Sunday night people would frantically order and they would be gone within minutes. Sometimes the orders that would be placed at 12:10, for instance, would be cancelled while the order placed at 12:16 would be filled.

Disney's website has always been frustrating and it doesn't seem like they are trying to change anything....the only thing that helps now is when they implement a 1 or 2 per person limit on items so more people have a shot. It is basically a game of chance...you try to complete your order as fast as possible and hope that you get a "shipped" message instead of them cancelling your order.

Brii, I would look at it as a blessing in disguise! If you don't collect pins, you do NOT need to get started on such an addiction, lol. I thought being a doll collector was crazy until I discovered this board. I say that with affection, as a fellow collector (but not of pins).

Amen to that! Doll collecting is rough enough. Down right cut throat business! LOL.... I just pray that I get this years collection; I've made room already and they'll be part of the decor in the dining area along with my 2011 designers and my 2012 Designer villains ;)

Yea sorry guys , I'm new to this " getting orders cancelled" thing. I missed the designer princess collection so I would have never known what that was like. The only other time this has happened is when I ordered china girl. I don't plan on getting into pins fully lol, I can barely afford the dolls, but it would have been nice to have.

I couldn't agree more with you, Quasimodo! I'm a long-time doll collector and then I started flirting with pin collecting just a tad starting in the summer of 2010... I now have over 270 pins, a few of which are "grail" status, and luckily none have been purchased at too high of a cost (I'm trying to keep at the no-more than $100 per pin threshold, but it's getting hard. Last year at this time, that threshold was $50). The moral of the story is: ignorance is bliss (at least for your wallet and mindset). I do warn a lot of my friends who are only doll collectors to not get into pin collecting unless they are prepared to devote a lot of time and resources into it.

What time did the website update for you all? People have mentioned times like 3:03, 3:12, etc. but mine literally did not even update until 3:17 because I refreshed every twenty seconds starting at 2:59. It seems like it was the cut off time for everything! If so, am I at a terrible disadvantage?

My order for the pins went through at 3:17. My order for the dolls at 3:14. I think the webpage for the dolls updated at 3:13 for me because I frantically ordered the dolls then and up to that point I was refreshing constantly starting before 3:00. After I ordered the dolls I was browsing everything else and found the pins. It is possible they went up earlier than the dolls maybe?

I am still so sad I missed them. This is the first set of pins I have really really fallen for. I'm mainly a doll collector, but I have a few pins from movies I love, and I can see collecting pins more often if they are like these. I wanted these to be the serious start of my new pin collection.

We didn't see anything until about 3:14. My husband got the doll set at 3:15, I tried as well. I was able to get into my cart but it froze. By the time I was able to check out at 3:18 it was sold out.

With Disney it depends which of their servers you get routed to, so the one they send you to could be sold out and another still has stock which accounts for the discrepancy in time differences. When seconds count, it is all over before the system routes you to another checking for available stock.

I am disappointed and frustrated but will just see how it plays out. I like the fun in going to the store and buying so I am going that route.

With Disney it depends which of their servers you get routed to, so the one they send you to could be sold out and another still has stock which accounts for the discrepancy in time differences. When seconds count, it is all over before the system routes you to another checking for available stock.

I am disappointed and frustrated but will just see how it plays out. I like the fun in going to the store and buying so I am going that route.

that's correct - the time stamps don't mean anything

I just bought the lithos from the Disney store UK site. Just happened on them by chance. Does anyone else own these? How big are they? I forgot to check.

Hm, never thought about that. As much as it sucks, It does make a lot of sense!

images

I just went to the Disney Store and got the pamplet for the dolls. She told me there will be no online orders at all. Hmmmmm..... in the center of the pamplet (with the doll pic's) it says when they will be available online. I think some of the Disney Store Employees need to just say "I don't know" once in a while..lol
Here are pic's of the pamplet on my Disney Doll facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...256.1073741827.290199357720622&type=1&theater

In the fine print "Disclaimer" section of the pamphlet it says...

Employees of the Walt Disney Company are not eligible to participate.

Does that mean my sister (who works at WDW Magic Kingdom) is not allowed to purchase a doll if she wants one?!?!

In the fine print "Disclaimer" section of the pamphlet it says...

Employees of the Walt Disney Company are not eligible to participate.

Does that mean my sister (who works at WDW Magic Kingdom) is not allowed to purchase a doll if she wants one?!?!

I don't think that applies to your sister. I know that employees of the Disney Store are not allowed to participate in the raffles at their own stores, but I think that is about it. Say if a DS CM went to another store and participated in the raffle, there is no way of telling if they are a Disney Store employee or not if they don't say anything. Similarly, if someone is an employee of the Disney company outside of the Disney Store, there is no accurate way to identify them. So, I think your sister should be safe and eligible, since she works at MK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back