• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Pin Series: Window to the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Pin Series: Window to the Magic
I don't see these replacing PODM's. These replace the hinged posters. PODM's were such a unique animal simply because of the reandomness of the scenes and the wide value ranges the market set. I don't see any pins creating that much mayhem unless they do something similar. Low LE Up & Tangled pins might make a ruckus but the pins will all be the same. I heard rumors of a Piece of CM uniform series for each ride in the park, they've done a few for CM's only but even those won't draw the craze that PODM's did. They will be about as popular as the Piece of History pins.

For the people saying Peter looks creepy, I remind you of this:

pp_creepypan.jpg

Lol. :rofl:

But on a more serious note, I second the vote for a Mulan one, where she sees the silhouettes of her parents in the window. That scene always breaks my heart!

Or they could do. . .
-Dalmatian puppies with Cruella outside the window
-Cinderella looking outside her bedroom window to the castle
-Princess Tiana looking outside at the wishing star (like the pinocchio one)
-Belle and Beast with ballroom windows and stars outside
-Aladdin and Abu looking out at the palace
-Sleeping Beauty asleep with fairies and the castle outside the window
-Snow White inside baking with the hag's shadow outside window
-Russell and Carl looking out of the window to Paradise Falls! :anxious:
-As mentioned already, Rapunzel and Pascal looking out bedroom window at the lanterns!!!! :anxious: (Pretty sure that would be a camp out release... HA!)

Soooo many possibilities!!!

Last edited:
I would love some of those ideas you just said chipdale. This set, while not necessary for me, could potentially have some great pins in the set. I would love the Evil Queen one too of her looking down at Snow White...CLASSIC!!!!!!!

As for Little Mermaid, I think it would be cool if they somehow incorporated how the world looked like from under the sea. Like it is Ariel looking up mid-Part of your World and seeing Prince Eric's castle or him on the ship in the beginning of the film.

P.S. Insert the obvious Monsters Inc. one where they are looking through any door to any place.

Look guys! The February pin is Pinocchio :)
400007212558.jpg

Name:
"Window to the Magic: Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket "
Release Date:
02/21/13
SKU:
Retail:
$13.95
Edition Size:
400007212558_2.jpg

If they make a rapunzel one, I will fly my butt out to cali and camp out just to get it.....

or pre-order... that sounds a lot better..

npc291073SMALL.jpg

npc189035SMALL.jpg

Looks like we're getting Lady and the Tramp (I MEAN 101 DALMATIANS) and Dumbo!! So that's 4 out of 12 if it's a monthly thing?

Last edited:
Is there any dlr regular that wants the wdw good luck/bad luck set? I'd love to work out a trade for the windows set :)

Be careful where and what you buy from this series. Suspicious versions of Peter Pan have already been (spotted) by me on Ebay. There is one seller directly from China who claims that his pins are PP. There is one east coast seller (pin is to be released at DLR) who claims he & his kids traded for this pin in the parks. Just a bit caution can go a long way ;)

Just an update on the Peter Pan pin: At Downtown Disney yesterday, a CM at Pin Traders told me that a guest found some of these at the shop inside the Grand Californian Hotel. I was very happy to be able to buy one; I left the other on the rack (they are with all the regular pins) so maybe it is still there if anyone still needs it and is going today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back