• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
As fan art its fantastic, as a potential designer dress, not so much. I am not fond with the bottom of the dress either. Whoever drew it did a great job though. :)

I agree that it is a fantastic picture, but I have to also agree that the bottom of the gown looks like it was from another gown and grafted onto the bottom of the dress. Also, Elsa needs that sexy peek of leg!

It reminds me of the 2011 Designer Ariel dress :)
Speaking of which...
Does anybody know why the Designer Ariel is so popular? I mean there's even 8,000 of it. Compared to the 6,000 of Snow White (which goes for a lot less on auctions) and etc.
Is it just the general high popularity of Ariel (like with the fairytale couples)?

Because it was the second doll to be released and it went home with more collectors than scalpers. Also, she has that "prom night wonderland" look and doesn't have an extremely plain skirt like Rapunzel and Tiana and SW and Aurora. The one that is rather peculiar in expense and popularity is Aurora since, just look at her. It's probably the LE number though and I've noticed that if ever a cheap one for her, it's always damaged or unpackaged.

Because it was the second doll to be released and it went home with more collectors than scalpers. Also, she has that "prom night wonderland" look and doesn't have an extremely plain skirt like Rapunzel and Tiana and SW and Aurora. The one that is rather peculiar in expense and popularity is Aurora since, just look at her. It's probably the LE number though and I've noticed that if ever a cheap one for her, it's always damaged or unpackaged.
Thanks a lot.
I had just been wondering how come she even reaches close to 500 USD on ebay considering the other designer dolls which keeps a more reasonable level.

Has anyone heard any evidence to suggest there may or may not be more designer villains in the near future?

I know nothing about these releases, so just wondering what anyone else may have heard.

As said before, Id love some male ones, but lots are not in human form, so would prove too difficult and may not look enough like the characters (like Ursula... love the character and really like the doll too, but doll just doesnt look enough like the character imo).

Aurora has a low number, but she is also fairly popular. And though some thought she looked like a Barbie, there are many who are fans of the doll and the look ;)

I would like to see Designer Anna and Elsa, just with no Princes! :D I think it would be awesome, though VERY unlikely, if they did LE Designer Merryweather, Flora and Fauna! :) I think it would be great to see an LE Jessica Rabbit, though again, even more unlikely than the fairies! :sad: I think I could keep thinking of all kinds of things! :lol:

I would like to see Designer Anna and Elsa, just with no Princes! :D I think it would be awesome, though VERY unlikely, if they did LE Designer Merryweather, Flora and Fauna! :) I think it would be great to see an LE Jessica Rabbit, though again, even more unlikely than the fairies! :sad: I think I could keep thinking of all kinds of things! :lol:

I would LOVE a Jessica Rabbit doll of some sort! Wheither it would be 17 inch or a Designer Doll of sorts. I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't make one for the release of Who Framed Roger Rabbit on Blu-ray.

It reminds me of the 2011 Designer Ariel dress :)
I thought so too.

Designers of M,F and F would be awesome.

Agreed. Jessica Rabbit would definitely be good.
Elsa I would also like in a designer version.

Those 2 I would buy. Apart from that, I hopefully would stick to villains haha.

Yay! I got Mulan and Snow White designer dolls for a good price in Japan! I'm so happy to have Mulan! I needed her for my collection - even though I feel they could have made her better. I also had to chance to buy Ariel for a lot less than ebay prices, but lately I've been buying too many dolls, so felt bad for my husband's wallet and gave up (also I focus mostly on the 17" dolls). No one else bid on Ariel, so maybe the seller will make her a bit cheaper next time around.

So... I was on tumblr and someone said something about a Designer Tinkerbell doll....
But I think they were talking about the animators' doll.

Anyone have any idea what the next designer dolls are, or when do they reveal this sort of info/news??

Does anyone think we will get a designer Elsa anytime soon? I keep thinking probably not, since there have just been releases of 2 Elsa dolls.... So gutted I missed the November one, but I think I would actually prefer a designer version anyway, they look more sophisticated! But probably wont be one for AGES now??

Someone posted on Disney Limited Edition Dolls facebook that the 2014 collection is Disney designer fairies. They posted a picture of the Tinker Bell doll and concept art. If it's real, it'll be an adorable collection!

Last edited:
Someone posted on Disney Limited Edition Dolls facebook that the 2014 collection is Disney designer fairies. They posted a picture of the Tinker Bell doll and concept art. If it's real, it'll be an adorable collection!

It does look real in my opinion, but I am not the best judge. I was not expecting any kind of news this early. But if the next collection really is fairies I am not really interested since I have never seen those movies. Tinker Bell look cute tough, and it is nice if Disney is willing to do more than princess dolls.

It does look real in my opinion, but I am not the best judge. I was not expecting any kind of news this early. But if the next collection really is fairies I am not really interested since I have never seen those movies. Tinker Bell look cute tough, and it is nice if Disney is willing to do more than princess dolls.
I hope she is real, because she looks so pretty! I'd be all over a designer Periwinkle! :)

But I also thought it was really early to be hearing about them. Maybe they will release these earlier?

I am disappointed if faries are all we get... I wanted new couples. :( I think the tinkerbelle doll is cute, but I am only collecting princess dolls. Guess I have to look forward to Aurora instead.

She's pretty, but I'm bummed that it's fairies. Is it strictly the Pixie Hollow fairies? Or do you all think it you'll include fairies from other movies like the three good fairies and the Blue Fairy?

I think it makes sense that these are released earlier that the DFDC. There is nothing coming out in the spring/summer and I think some people complained that everything comes out at the same time last year. This year there should be is 17 inch Aurora, Maleficent and maybe Phillip coming out during the fall. I think there are two female characters in Big Hero Six, so probably at least one of them gets made in to 17 inch doll, maybe one when the movie comes out and one when the DVD. So that is enough dolls for fall. And Tinker Bell looks better suited for spring anyway :lol:

When The Pirate Fairy movie is coming out btw? Maybe they are trying to release the dolls the same time? I think that it is direct-to DVD movie in the US, is that right? It has release date for my country in February, and release dates for other countries as well in IMDb but not US release date. If they are doing this line because the movie is coming out maybe the Pirate Fairy is on of the dolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back