• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Coping Thread - COVID-19 or whatever else the Universe throws at you

2021 Coping Thread - COVID-19 or whatever else the Universe throws at you

hopemax

DPF Super Moderator
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
This is how I originally started the 2020 thread, copied over from archive.org, but since COVID is still impacting things in 2021, even as more re-opens, I hope the mods will continue with a little leeway as we talk vaccinations and whatever other issues might present themselves.

I know this is not technically not "Pin Discussion", but this is the part of the forum with the most views, so hoping the mods will allow a little leeway in these unprecedented circumstances...

As this grows, and we increasingly will have nothing else to talk about because everything is closed... instead of taking over other threads we could use a place for people to vent and commiserate.

Thanks for asking! The old thread is gone and the site was down when I went to do an update, so here it is in brief:

His tests came back fine from last Wednesday, and we took him up Thursday (April 1) and he spent the night in a hotel on campus. Then, he was at Cleveland Clinic at 9am on Friday (April 2) and they started the procedure around 2pm. We picked him up around lunchtime on Saturday (3 April). He wasn't the best patient that afternoon and the following two days, so he was tired a lot longer than normal. He is finally picking back up, and pretty much getting back to normal activity. His follow-up scans and tests are the first week of May, and then they'll know if they got it all or if he has to have another procedure.

Thanks to all for their prayers and continued support! It really is appreciated! It has been super stressful, especially for the three of us, as we've been dealing with the scheduling and aftermath, etc. At the same time, we had a kitty failing and a cat food crisis and our cookstove pretty much died and we had to find another and get it picked up, so it was just a lot all at once and we are pretty exhausted!

We have spent today making Dad a sort of "man cave" in the front room so he has a space where he can do his thing and close the cats out, etc. Really hopeful that this is a good thing for the house! :)

So happy that the forum is back! We missed everyone and are now really getting ready to get back into really working up some trades! I'll definitely keep you posted about the follow-ups! God Bless,
Elizabeth

Hi Everyone,

I was called back to work (not optional) before I was even eligible to get even the first dose of the vaccine. Luckily i'm the last one in my family to get it. I am not really ready or comfortable, but i'm just going to do my best.

-Elizabeth

Hi Everyone,

I was called back to work (not optional) before I was even eligible to get even the first dose of the vaccine. Luckily i'm the last one in my family to get it. I am not really ready or comfortable, but i'm just going to do my best.

-Elizabeth
That's my least favorite part about the parks opening back up... ya'll didn't get any kind of advance eligibility to get vaccinated aside from the folks in food services, or that met other qualifiers :(

Are you able to sign up for a vaccine dose after April 15th (now, for a future date) when it's open for everyone in CA?
No we have to wait until the 15th to do so. My frustration is that they have already waited this long to let us return to work, they could have let us sign up for vaccines first instead of bringing us back in a high contact position (and only giving us like one or two 4-6 hour shifts a week). Basically, they didn't need their full staff yet but called us all to come back to work anyway.

No we have to wait until the 15th to do so. My frustration is that they have already waited this long to let us return to work, they could have let us sign up for vaccines first instead of bringing us back in a high contact position (and only giving us like one or two 4-6 hour shifts a week). Basically, they didn't need their full staff yet but called us all to come back to work anyway.

Darn it...if you live in Riverside County, you can get a vaccine now (16+).

Darn it...if you live in Riverside County, you can get a vaccine now (16+).
Yeah it seems like Orange County really wanted to wait until the last minute. lol I'm just hoping that most people in the area have already gotten theirs since we are really food service heavy in this area. Luckily I don't work again until the end of the month so that'll give me plenty of open time to get my 1st shot!

Yeah it seems like Orange County really wanted to wait until the last minute. lol I'm just hoping that most people in the area have already gotten theirs since we are really food service heavy in this area. Luckily I don't work again until the end of the month so that'll give me plenty of open time to get my 1st shot!

Awww.... somehow, last week, we ended up with more vaccines than people wanting them so that's why the county opened it up to all.

I don't understand how to use archive.org. Do I just search disneypinforum.com and whatever other search words? I'm trying to see if the "i made this" craft thread is on there.

The 6th grade math teacher at my school left last Tuesday. I inherited all of 6th grade math. I’m the special education inclusion teacher so I can teach it, but they aren’t replacing her. This means that basically I’m teaching 5th and 6th grade self contained special education virtual student all subjects, my 6th grade math and ELA inclusion classes, one hour of resource math for 6th grade, and recording lessons for the other 3 math classes.

I don’t have to make the videos, but as I told the principal “If I just assign the work and they don’t know the steps how to solve the problems, how is that helping them?” I guess I could assign the pages from the math book and say a little prayer (make a wish on a star or rub a lamp?). We test two days a week for the next three weeks, but I felt the students deserved instruction for the other three days per week.

Anyone own a time machine?

Hi pin friends! I'm counting my blessings that I'm receiving my second dose of Pfizer this Friday. Going to stay cautious and mask wearing but praying we're moving in the right direction. Though I'm absolutely gutted for all my friends with loved ones in India and the devastation there, not to mention the many other people and places still struggling.

I'm also in the middle of taking my month long comprehensive exams for my doctoral program. This is sort of my last step before I move on to independent research and writing my dissertation. I feel confident about my responses but I'm less than halfway through and already exhausted! Hoping to find some moments to recharge and keep pushing through.

Back