• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDW 2021 Pin Event & EPCOT Food and Wine Event dates

WDW 2021 Pin Event & EPCOT Food and Wine Event dates

figment919

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
Looks like F&W is running from July 15 - November 20, 2021. Since in the past Disney did not want to overlap these events due to the need to use the pin event building for F&W, I would think that this years pin event is going to be another virtual thing. If so, the date is still up in the air.

It would save the park ticket expense if they just held it in a resort like Coronado.

Could help fill hotel rooms too if they gave an event attendance discount.

Funny, you should ask. Over on WDW Magic, this morning, I saw a post from May 11th that said: "Hearing peeps from a few birds that 15-22nd may be the annual pin event announcement"

But we're past that date now, and nothing. I was wanting to post, but didn't know if where we had been talking about it was a thread that disappeared or not. So if anyone has any contacts, maybe they can get some kind of update.

I REALLY wish they would say SOMETHING. It drives me nuts not knowing what will happen. Or even if. And I really enjoy having something specific to look forward to.

I have to say that's a relief. I am planning on coming back to FL, sooner than I thought. Probably August. But I needed to know the dates for this to know which dates made most sense. Now I can use airlines fare calendars to plan. I assume the lateness of the event is due to 50th Anniversary rollout taking priority, as well as the return to normal.

So mixed emotion..

My bank account is happy I need 1 ticket vs 3 but I was so hoping to take the kid as she’s getting into pins and it’d be a blast watching her trade for her ‘favorite guys’ Chewbacca & Capt America..

Lots of thoughts:

1. Who know all we needed was @figment919 to ask about it for Disney to announce the details. We'll need to keep that in mind when we want to know things in the future. ;)
2. Thanks to @Addicted to Alice Pins for the post and link.
3. I don't get why it needs to be so late in the year. Since it's virtual, events taking place in the park (like the ones @hopemax mentions) really shouldn't have any impact. Maybe it's due to the lateness of the decision on which way to go and they now need time to make it happen? Still, seems like quite a lot of time. I hope they are not setting a trend with a rescheduled event and this is now going to be the timeframe going forward. I like to get to the park earlier in the year.
4. I'm happy that we finally have details and extra happy that they are still having it in some fashion. I always get worried the past few years that each year will be the last. However...
4. While I'm happy that @timeerkat and others are happy with the virtual aspect, I am bummed about it. The board trading was a major highlight for me, followed pretty closely by in-line trading with other people. Very much miss not getting that for yet another year. Especially with things (slowly) normalizing. Especially if they are pushing it out to December, seems to me that in person should be doable by then. Oh well, something is better than nothing. And maybe that just means the 2022 boards will be completely amazing as they have a couple years of pins saved up!

Lots of thoughts:

1. Who know all we needed was @figment919 to ask about it for Disney to announce the details. We'll need to keep that in mind when we want to know things in the future. ;)
2. Thanks to @Addicted to Alice Pins for the post and link.
3. I don't get why it needs to be so late in the year. Since it's virtual, events taking place in the park (like the ones @hopemax mentions) really shouldn't have any impact. Maybe it's due to the lateness of the decision on which way to go and they now need time to make it happen? Still, seems like quite a lot of time. I hope they are not setting a trend with a rescheduled event and this is now going to be the timeframe going forward. I like to get to the park earlier in the year.
4. I'm happy that we finally have details and extra happy that they are still having it in some fashion. I always get worried the past few years that each year will be the last. However...
4. While I'm happy that @timeerkat and others are happy with the virtual aspect, I am bummed about it. The board trading was a major highlight for me, followed pretty closely by in-line trading with other people. Very much miss not getting that for yet another year. Especially with things (slowly) normalizing. Especially if they are pushing it out to December, seems to me that in person should be doable by then. Oh well, something is better than nothing. And maybe that just means the 2022 boards will be completely amazing as they have a couple years of pins saved up!
Oh, I totally get that. The board trading is my favorite aspect of trade events as well. And I completely understand the disappointment over yet another year of the event not being in person.

Reactions: Ajk
Yeah, my concern is that it's so much easier running the event virtually rather than hosting it in person for hundreds of people that the pin event in person goes away entirely. :( And that would literally kill pin trading. Yes, it would still happen in the parks on boards (and hopefully lanyards come back), but that one of a kind event that brought in person trading with people from around the world is not something the hobby can afford to lose. Without it, pin collecting devolves further into buying and reselling rather than the joy of discovery of trading. :( #concerned

Personally, I looked forward to meeting IN PERSON many of the folks I have traded with over the years. The early registration informal/unofficial dinner we had at the Coronado was something I looked forward to every year. I would hate to think that we would lose the human element and delegate the Event over to the cyber-world.

Yeah, my concern is that it's so much easier running the event virtually rather than hosting it in person for hundreds of people that the pin event in person goes away entirely. :( And that would literally kill pin trading. Yes, it would still happen in the parks on boards (and hopefully lanyards come back), but that one of a kind event that brought in person trading with people from around the world is not something the hobby can afford to lose. Without it, pin collecting devolves further into buying and reselling rather than the joy of discovery of trading. :( #concerned
Hopefully Disney will see what you are seeing. They pay a lot for marketing, so those marketers better do their job.

Back