• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Advice on shipping a package again that had been returned to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice on shipping a package again that had been returned to me?

raikipins

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So I had made an international trade over a month ago and had received my end in a timely manner. However, I hadn't heard from the trader that they received theirs, so I was a bit worried about the package (I know, I should've asked the trader about it, but I told myself that since they didn't contact me about it, it should be okay, right?).

Anyway, I find out today that it had been returned back to me due to the fact that the trader had moved out from the address given to me before the package arrived. So while I'm relieved the pin hadn't been lost in the mail, I also have this question:

Is it fair to ask the trader to cover at least a part of the shipping cost to send it out again? If it were within the US and only about $2.50 to mail again, I wouldn't care too much, but I did pay $13.78 to ship it, and that's rather a lot to pay just to have the package come back to me. And then have to mail it out again. I hadn't been informed that the trader was intending to change addresses soon or that they hadn't received the pin.

Any advice on how to handle this situation would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think I would just bow to the gods of pin karma, pay it forward, etc and just eat the cost and resend it once you get a new address. People zap pins all the time, and that's the equivalent of international shipping. As long as it doesn't become a habit, over the years of a pin collecting hobby one extra $14 isn't worth stressing about. Hopefully, they will remember your kindness in getting the package to them, and pay it forward themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back