• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Advice please! Princess Designer Mugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice please! Princess Designer Mugs

DarlingDame

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I started collecting Disney dolls back in 2011 when they released the Designer Princess dolls. I also bought the mugs because I just love the artwork. At the time, I thought I'd only get those 10 dolls. Little did I know that the next year I'd be getting the Designer Villains, then the Designer Fairytale couples, and now I'm collecting the LE 17" dolls as well, trying to catch up on the ones that have already been released.

Here's my dilemma. I have all of the designer princess mugs except Mulan. I always figured I would buy her on eBay at some point, but it's just never been top priority. 3 years later and I still haven't gotten it. Today when I was looking at dolls I thought, well maybe I should just sell my mugs to help fund my next doll. So I looked to see how much they are selling for and was shocked at how much they are listed for on eBay. That made it even more tempting. I'm just worried that I'll sell them and then regret it.... So I'm posting because I am torn. I do love the mugs, but with all these doll releases so close together, I can use the extra cash. I'm not even sure what I'm looking for.... Thoughts? Advice?

I have all of the mugs too and they are nice.

My advice is if you really like the mugs and want to display them then definitely keep them as they will be very hard to get them for a good price going forward. I think i actually spent almost $350 just to complete my set. Also even though the mugs are listed for those prices on ebay that does not mean that they sell for that price. At most you would be looking at getting around $20-50 depending on the character as some mugs will sell for more than others.

I have been looking for a Snow mug to for some time as a present for a friend and the only one I can find is one listed on Amazon for around $60 but I refuse to pay that much for it because I know that you can usually get it for a lot less than that, to be honest I think it has been there for quite some time now so really unless you are lucky there will be very few that you will be able to sell for the $50+ mark.

Honestly I think you should keep them as they really are a great set to own, surely there are ways to obtain the funds for the upcoming doll releases without having to resort selling your mugs.

Good luck!

Thank you Polaris! Yes, I looked on ebay at the sold auctions as well and they ranged from 20-50 for most, but some Ariels sold for close to $100. But like you said, that's probably luck (which I don't tend to have, haha). I think you are right. I'll most likely regret it if I sell them then will end up spending double to re-collect :lol:. I'm getting a little stressed about March, but it will be fine! I just won't be eating out for a while haha! Thanks for the advice!! :)

No worries I am glad I was able to help you decide. They are lovely mugs though and really you are only missing Mulan which is probably one of the cheaper ones to get on the secondary market so I do recommend that you keep them and maybe even get Mulan soon (maybe during the doll break? Which we will hopefully be getting soon LOL) to complete the whole set.

Oh goodness, I hope soon! Yes, fortunately she seems to be one of the cheaper ones! I'll have to start looking for a good price. I think I definitely NEED to complete this collection since I'm keeping them, haha! The terrible thing is that a small part of me feels the need to start looking for the Villain and Fairytale ones (what is wrong with me!? LOL).

Oh goodness, I hope soon! Yes, fortunately she seems to be one of the cheaper ones! I'll have to start looking for a good price. I think I definitely NEED to complete this collection since I'm keeping them, haha! The terrible thing is that a small part of me feels the need to start looking for the Villain and Fairytale ones (what is wrong with me!? LOL).

Haha dont worry I was the same, at least you have the original ones which were the hardest to get. I was lucky and managed to get all the DFDC mugs at the expo but the villains I only bought one at retail and the then decided I wanted the others so I bought them all slowly but eventually complete the set :p.

It is so easy to get sucked into collecting Disney merchandise, most of which you probably wouldn't want to use/open but at the same time dont have the space to display it :S

Haha, at least I'm not alone! I'm glad I bought these ones, especially with the prices now. The crazy thing is that I got these on sale. I want to say they were 2 for $10?? Oh, and I'm already experiencing the space issue with all of these boxed dolls. I've convinced my fiance that I need my own office so that I can display my collection. Can't wait to get set up. Hopefully in the next couple months. :) Although with my wishlist, 1 room won't be nearly enough! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back