• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Anybody else notice the recent trend with PTDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else notice the recent trend with PTDs?

Maleficent913

Beautifully Tragic
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
So looking at all the PTD releases of the past few weeks/months, I'm wondering if anyone else notices the frequency of characters from the same movie/genre/etc. Just for example all the Peter Pan PTDs recently (Wendy, John, Peter, Smee), Thumper and Bambi, Muppets, Baby Mickey and Minnie, amongst others. I hope we get an Yzma PTD... or even better, a Kitty Yzma PTD soon!

Any other thoughts? hopes? ideas?

Yep, and the string of bears, too. (Bongo, Fozzie, Lotso, Triplets...)

I just keep hoping for Timon.

I have noticed but I think the staff at DSS/GSF doesn't really time some releases well. If they want to make money, they need to release the better PTDs in the two (or more) weeks between pin releases. Then put the less-than-desired ones during the pin release :)

yes! I noticed that they have been releasing similar ones! I hope they release Belle in her ballgown PTD :)

My guess is that they sit in a cloudy room, eating ice cream sundaes and illuminated by a single light bulb. They brainstorm random themes and movies, and fist fight until they narrow it down to what is needed for their order.

Honestly, no matter who they release and when they are released, they will sell. That is one thing you can count on. If it is a PTD people want, they'll buy it. If they don't like it, they'll still but it so it can switch to one they do want.

Pin heroin people. Heroin.

Agree with the above. I figured all the bears also coincided with the recent bears release. So dare I wonder what will be coming up as they promote Maleficent and maybe Star Wars?

And although not a toy story collector I would love a Random Mr Potato Head thrown in there.

I definitely notice the tendency to have a cluster of pins from the same movie/topic. That usually leads to times where I need every single one that comes out, and then times where every one I see, I say 'Meh'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back