• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Bad experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad experience

Martin B

Dr Facilier
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I know that name heckling is not permitted on this forum but I am a bit shocked at a recent bad experience.

I made a trade on March 16th via this forum. I will not disclose what was in the trade as this may give away the identity of the trader.

With it being 3 weeks tomorrow I have still not received my part of the trade but I know that they have as they left feedback for me. Please note this is a domestic trade as opposed to international.

The member told me that they had been ill and this is why they had not posted but when I was ill the other week I communicated this on the boards in the 'Anything Goes' section so that anyone trading with me was well aware of the situation.

This member has told me several times that they have posted the item but I still have not received the item.

To my absolute horror!! I was looking at ebay earlier and this person is listing the items that I sent them on EBAY at a PROFIT! I wouldn't mind if I had actually received my items and it was all put to bed. But the fact I haven't received my stuff yet really stinks! I wasn't sure if it was the same person as I traded for but a few things added up such as their ebay avatar and their other items for sale. Their other items for sale included items they asked me to buy for them, but I had a suspicsion that something was up so I declined. I checked their feedback and everything adds up including the item location and their recently sold items (including non disney merchandise they had mentioned)!

The member also did not honour their part of an agreement with my brother who also uses this forum. However their agreement took place on 10th February. However his attempts of communicating have been blocked with no responce.

I will not go in to it any further and I have done my best to protect the name of the trader. I have sent them a final warning via pm today before I would be willing to disclose their identity privately via pm.

Thanks for reading, I hope this never happens to any of you.

Martin :(

Last edited:
Negative feedback them for sure,your brother too if he made the trade here on the forum

The thing is...

First class mail in our country at the moment is turning around in 1 day.

I sent moo_moo_uk a parcel last Thursday at 4pm. It turned up the next morning. The service is pretty good.

I recon this person will see this and in an attempt to save their reputation will mail it today. Well I hope they mail it anyway!!

They also posted under me on pin it forward a few months back. It took about 2 weeks for that to arrive aswell and they were ill then too...

hmmm..

I'm not going to leave any feedback until they get back to me. They are on this forum everyday so I have given them a time limit to reply.

Thanks for your input,

Martin :)

Id still leave negative feedback as if you are seeing them being active everyday on the forum and not communicating with you then feedback as Id not like to trade with them if the pins.

Im in chat go in there need to talk to you :p

The thing is...

First class mail in our country at the moment is turning around in 1 day.

I sent moo_moo_uk a parcel last Thursday at 4pm. It turned up the next morning. The service is pretty good.

I recon this person will see this and in an attempt to save their reputation will mail it today. Well I hope they mail it anyway!!

They also posted under me on pin it forward a few months back. It took about 2 weeks for that to arrive aswell and they were ill then too...

hmmm..

I'm not going to leave any feedback until they get back to me. They are on this forum everyday so I have given them a time limit to reply.

Thanks for your input,

Martin :)
Sounds very reasonable and kind on your part :) With the illness aspect I have sympathy,I'm always ill as I have some GI conditions and other things,but if they have the energy to list things on ebay and mail those out,I wanna say they probably are bs'ing on the sick aspect (Hell I was sick as -beep- but i drug my arse down to DLR for the alice event! had to stop on the way there and put on my electric nausea band and take some emergency anti-emetics,plus 2 rests in the Disneyland nurse!)

If you don't mind could you pm me the name?

I had a problem with someone from the UK a few years ago over Pinpics, very similar situation. Only, they even deleted their email account so I had no way of contacting them. So, I went after their ebay account. I saw my framed set listed in the UK from the exact same town and I messaged them through there and then reported the listing to ebay as the listing of a stolen item or something like that. I also told them through ebay that I would be reporting them to IC3. I thought nothing would really come of it, but amazingly, a month or two later my framed set showed up in the mail with no return address or name.

Now, the ebay thing is risky when you don't actually have proof that it is the same person. When I messaged them I put the disclaimer that if it wasn't them that I was sorry, but if it was...watch out. They sent me a nasty message back saying it wasn't them and that I should think twice about sending messages like that. Of course, that was a bunch of bull because that was the only way they would have known that I wasn't going to just stand by and get ripped off...

You need to contact eBay and tell them the seller is selling stolen merchandise. Since he/she did not mail your pins, they basically stole yours. Ebay will rein them in. Don't know about the UK, but here is the US it's mail fraud. That's a federal crime. I'd lean on them very hard about this. It just ain't right by any means.

Wow...them listing it on ebay for a profit brings this "trade" to a new degree of rudeness. Even if you received your pin, that's still not cool.

If the trade was concluded then the person receiving the pin has the right to do what ever they want with it. With you telling them you had not gotten your pin the reasonable and IMO correct this to do would be to hold the pin until the situation is resolved. I had something similar to this happen to me where the person traded my pin away (or so they said) and I never got a thing from them but a headache. It was not through this forum however. I hope this person rectifies the situation with you and all turns out well. If they don't post negative feedback and contact Ebay.

I hope everything works not, if not please let me know who this person is!

Not the kind of thing anybody should have to put up with in trading , no matter where you are.

You are well within your rights to feel aggrieved by all of this.

I hope the situation resolves itself positively for you, Martin.

Surprise Surprise.

The person has took the item off ebay.

They have sent me a copy of proof of postage for next day delivery. I don't see why they needed to get next day delivery today because I was told they were sent last week.

Although it seems they are rectifying the situation I feel they are only doing this to protect themselves from the 24 requests I have had for their identity. It also seems that I am not the only person to have experienced problems.

The pm's I have had from the offender are laughable.

I am still annoyed!!

I am just thinking about what type of feedback to leave.

Martin

Id still leave negative as its been so mush hassle and you are clearly not happy with the situation. If this was me then negative.

Oh goodness, that gives us UK traders all a bad name and the majority of us are excellent! I hope this doesn't put people off trading with those in the UK.

I'm glad you (finally) got it sorted Martin. It's a shame it had to come to all this just to see a trade be completed. Situations like this don't make the hobby very fun at all. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back