• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

BATB Belle Snow PODM - PICK YOUR PINS, SEE POST #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it would depend on the pins that get added :). Because, that may completely change the pick order i sent you :lol:

LOL, mainly that pick order was for my sister. She said it would help get organized and then people don't wait for the next person in line (like how jadestarr did one of her games). I told her that most of us are on DPF so much, there wouldn't be that much waiting.

But here's what I have so far:

Mickey the Mouse/Rat (Chinese Zodiac set) + 1 pin

Chicken Little the Rooster (Chinese Zodiac set) + 1 pin

Mushu the Dragon (Chinese Zodiac set) + 1 pin

Piglet the Pig (Chinese Zodiac set) + 1 pin

and then I need to figure out the 5th extra spot. I need to count my pins, I might have a spare Toys for Tots pin from DSF or maybe a Tangled WttM.

And so far, consensus for those who are playing via FB said ok for more spots. :hs:

I kind of have mixed feelings about adding more spots after the game is closed... One the one hand, there may be pins I really want in the five you add. On the other hand, the five additional people may get randomized into a higher number than I do, and they may pick the pins I really really wanted. There's the idea of "the more the merrier" and so more people playing may make things more fun, but then again, if they were really interested in playing, why did it take them so long to indicate their interest? Your game has been open since January 12. That's almost two weeks.

Like I said, mixed feelings... I think, "Sure, why not? Five people won't make that big a difference, and if I was intended to get the grand prize, then I will get it, no matter what." Then again, I think, "Wait - could I ask an auction seller to re-open the auction, because I didn't get my bid in on time? Could I ask Disney to add a few more pins to the DSF release, because I didn't get there on the release day? I am really interested, but they are out of spots - can they just add a few more spots to the lottery process?"

It's a conundrum. It's really up to you, because, of course, it's your game! A few others in the game have said they are okay with the idea, as long as they know what the new pins will be so they can update their pick lists.

If you need a unanimous vote to allow the entries, then I will abstain, as I don't want to be the sole dissenting vote.

If you are counting votes, please put mine in the "Sorry, but I don't think that's a good idea" column. In my opinion, the people who are sending you PMs asking for extra pins and spots to be added missed their chance to play in this game. I think changing the rules of the game, regarding the number of players, or the cost, or eliminating prizes from the pool, after the game is in play, is a bad idea and can only lead to headaches. Of course, that's only one (admittedly tired and cranky) person's opinion...

This is the way I look at it... How is it going to look if one of the 5 win the grand prize? If I feel people will wonder, then I would not do it. It is not worth the games integrity. I always try to look at things in a way that is most fair to my players. I would love to see another WttM Tangled, as I really want that one, but not at the expense of the games integrity.

I still feel that my opinion should not count in this just giving you some food for thought.

I kind of have mixed feelings about adding more spots after the game is closed... One the one hand, there may be pins I really want in the five you add. On the other hand, the five additional people may get randomized into a higher number than I do, and they may pick the pins I really really wanted. There's the idea of "the more the merrier" and so more people playing may make things more fun, but then again, if they were really interested in playing, why did it take them so long to indicate their interest? Your game has been open since January 12. That's almost two weeks.

Like I said, mixed feelings... I think, "Sure, why not? Five people won't make that big a difference, and if I was intended to get the grand prize, then I will get it, no matter what." Then again, I think, "Wait - could I ask an auction seller to re-open the auction, because I didn't get my bid in on time? Could I ask Disney to add a few more pins to the DSF release, because I didn't get there on the release day? I am really interested, but they are out of spots - can they just add a few more spots to the lottery process?"

It's a conundrum. It's really up to you, because, of course, it's your game! A few others in the game have said they are okay with the idea, as long as they know what the new pins will be so they can update their pick lists.

If you need a unanimous vote to allow the entries, then I will abstain, as I don't want to be the sole dissenting vote.

If you are counting votes, please put mine in the "Sorry, but I don't think that's a good idea" column. In my opinion, the people who are sending you PMs asking for extra pins and spots to be added missed their chance to play in this game. I think changing the rules of the game, regarding the number of players, or the cost, or eliminating prizes from the pool, after the game is in play, is a bad idea and can only lead to headaches. Of course, that's only one (admittedly tired and cranky) person's opinion...

Hm :/ i do have to agree with this!! As the game has been open for a while so they have had a chance to play! And it gives us less odds of winning the prizes we are hoping for as like norlando said, they might get higher numbers etc! But it is totally up to you as you are running the game :)

Hm :/ i do have to agree with this!! As the game has been open for a while so they have had a chance to play! And it gives us less odds of winning the prizes we are hoping for as like norlando said, they might get higher numbers etc! But it is totally up to you as you are running the game :)
+1 for me. Personally I think that it's a little too late to change the game, considering everyone else has signed up with the odds at 1/55 for the grand prize. I think if you were adding spots there would have to be several pins worth more than the spot price to make things fair ( and I'm personally not a fan of the zodiac pins...). Just my opinion... :-/

I think the group's divided, so I'd say no since the odds will be increased. I think more would tend to sway towards yes if there were 2 grand prizes or similar prizes.

Yeah, I'm thinking that I may just run another game with the grand prize that isn't taken from this game and if they want to participate, they can go to that game. But that won't be for another month or so. I need to go through my pins and see what others I have available (I have too many pins!.)

Or I might do one with just all LE pins, haven't yet decided.

But, if the last FB person doesn't pay for his four spots, then the back-ups will have them and then we will be ready to go tomorrow afternoon or so, I'm going to donate blood tomorrow and I get light-headed afterwards for a few hours.

Yeah, I'm thinking that I may just run another game with the grand prize that isn't taken from this game and if they want to participate, they can go to that game. But that won't be for another month or so. I need to go through my pins and see what others I have available (I have too many pins!.)

Or I might do one with just all LE pins, haven't yet decided.

But, if the last FB person doesn't pay for his four spots, then the back-ups will have them and then we will be ready to go tomorrow afternoon or so, I'm going to donate blood tomorrow and I get light-headed afterwards for a few hours.

I think this is a better idea!

Good luck tommorow <3

+1 for me. Personally I think that it's a little too late to change the game, considering everyone else has signed up with the odds at 1/55 for the grand prize. I think if you were adding spots there would have to be several pins worth more than the spot price to make things fair ( and I'm personally not a fan of the zodiac pins...). Just my opinion... :-/

I'm going to have to add my vote to this... sorry :(

UPDATE: okay, the one guy didn't pay for his four spots so three spots went to one person (the other person decided not to get the last spot).

As of now, I have one spot available. Let me send a PM to norlando to see if he wants it.

Last edited:
Master list of prizes - grand prize

GRAND PRIZE (OPTION A OR B) <---ONLY ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER

attachment.php

SCENE

snowscene_zps420f2925.jpg

OR

attachment.php

A through D (pictures only)

A prizes (pictures only)

B prizes (pictures only)

and (2 pins is one prize)

(4 pins is one prize)

(4 pins is one prize)

C prizes (pictures only)

(these 2 pins together)

and (these 2 pins together)

(these 2 pins together)

and and a third pin (Mickey Mouse Icon, blue) that is not on pinpics

D prizes (pictures only)

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

Last edited:
and and a third pin (Mickey Mouse Icon, blue) that is not on pinpics

Oh, I had thought the third pin was the Turquiose one 84042. Not that it matters a whole lot, because it's a blue 3-D Mickey Icon... :lol:

And yes, I will be happy to take the last spot, so we can get this show on the road (I just sent you the payment)! *woohoo*

Oh, I had thought the third pin was the Turquiose one 84042. Not that it matters a whole lot, because it's a blue 3-D Mickey Icon... :lol:

And yes, I will be happy to take the last spot, so we can get this show on the road (I just sent you the payment)! *woohoo*

That's what Rachel & I thought but when I went to look at the picture I took and then the one on Pinpics, it's really different so I'm guessing it's one that someone didn't post on PP. It's a blue Mickey Icon, very shiny and shimmery.

Thanks for your payment. Results of randomizer on post #2, just as soon as I upload the picture to my DPF album!

Jazzy = grand prize.

Who's #2?

2. Pascal - fordracing31

Let me send her a PM and tell her to get on here and pick her pin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back