• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GUIDE Beginner Guidlines for Pin Trading Events- A Suggestion or Two?

GUIDE Beginner Guidlines for Pin Trading Events- A Suggestion or Two?
Thanks for this! Planning on potentially heading to the November 22nd PTN at DLR so this was super helpful!

NO thank you, for taking the time to read and understand the mad ramblings of an aging shiny metal geek like me!!! If any of my words helped in any way, then the Fl sun has not totally warped my brain and I can say thank you to YOU!!!

The newer folks in any hobby is what keeps the oldtimers young at heart, some of us may be a tad pin jaded, but if you stand next to a new person whom is getting that"oh boy oh boy boooy, " rush of a grail trade or a much loved and sought after pin, you get a rememberence of why you started this hobby, and once again the old are young again!!!

Thank you for being OUR PONce de Leon!!!!

Great points that need to be at the top for all traders to look at periodically. Not only helps the newbie, but will remind the old timer how to communicate more effectively without sounding or becoming so burned out.

I've never been to a pin swap event, and now that i no longer live in California it will probably be rather difficult to do so, but on the off-chance it does, would it be best to bring a more experienced pin trader with me to help guide me during an event?

Great post very helpful. I am looking forward to maybe eventually getting to attend a pin trading event.