• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Big Hero 6 Limited Edition 17" Doll- Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Hero 6 Limited Edition 17" Doll- Discussion
Honey Lemon in her casual outfit would look the best but since Hiro is the main character then if there is a doll it should be him. I assume some Marvel fans and boys could be interested in him so if the edition number is not too high he would sell.

For WIR, the used Stg Calhoun. I get that they probably wanted a girl. I would have chose Vanillappe.

So I was looking up the official announcement of the Nov Frozen dolls. The movie and dolls were released on the 20th and the announcement was blogged on the 1st. I wonder if that means not 17" for BH6.

Well it looks like no 17" BH6 doll for cinema release, so I really hope we get one with the Blu-ray/DVD release.
I think that's a good possibility. The movie has great press and there seems to be a demand for more merchandise. It should be Baymax with Hiro together, but I'd be happy with anyone.

Last edited:
Maybe more merchandise will come through as the film receives its full international release. Its not due out in Europe until late jan 2015!

I so wish they had done that i absolutely loved Big Hero Six however there was not enough merchandise and it all sold out fast i only managed to get the Go Go doll and some Funko Pops, still trying to get Honey Lemon. Unforchantly i don't think the movie did well enough for them to make these dolls.

I'm thinking the tsum tsums will probably be the last we see of BH6... I'm so glad I bought anything and everything honey lemon I found.

fingers still crossed for a regular honey lemon doll...

I really, really hope so. I've only managed to get Honey and everyone on the secondary market is selling GoGo for 2.5-3x her original price.

Bleh.. Other movies have made less and their dolls sell well. They made too little BH6 dolls.

I didn't care for the movie and returned both dolls shortly after seeing it.

I think just in comparison to Frozen didn't do as well

I don't mean to criticize, but this is a bit of a ridiculous comparison to make. Frozen is currently the fifth highest grossing movie OF ALL TIME. It's the highest grossing animated movie, EVER. There is no way, NONE, that any other animated film is going to come anywhere near its total gross for a long, long, LONG time. Quite possibly not ever or at least not movie ticket prices rise to $50/ticket.

Big Hero 6 did quite well at the box office, taking in nearly half a billion dollars against a budget of about $165mil. Even when you double the budget of the film (which is done to factor in the costs of marketing the film, etc.) it still made Disney money. It just had the unfortunate scheduling of releasing in Frozen's shadow. At the time, and still, Frozen toys sell like hotcakes, and are taking up a huge chunk of real estate at Disney Stores. Designers for Disney Store are still focusing on Frozen merchandise (now Frozen Fever merch) which means merch for other films suffers. When Big Hero 6 was released it only got a tiny section of wall on the "boys" side of my local Disney Store stuck between the Evergreen Toy Story and Star Wars sections. Heck, that crappy Planes movie had an entire circular island of merch right across from Frozen's but BH6, hardly anything. Yet the castmembers all said that every time BH6 merch comes in it sells out almost instantly (which must be true as all the have now are Fredzilla plush, a book and a few t-shirts). Fortunately I got the dolls right before the movie came out.

They really dropped the ball on merching this film. Which really sucks as it's a FANTASTIC movie (I dunno what koobar is smoking o_O) with a lot of warmth and heart and OH NO CONTROVERSIAL OPINION is WAY better than Frozen. But I guess Disney just doesn't think there's as much money to be made from it so they will continue to suck Frozen's teats dry while greatly limiting products for other films.

Don't be expecting any LE dolls to release with the Bluray (we're not even getting an LE Cruella with 101 Dalmatians next week, sigh), nor should you expect restocks of BH6 stuff around the 24th. I don't recall Wreck-It Ralph getting any new merch or restocks when it was released on home media so the same thing will happen here. If you really want a BH6 item, grab it ASAP from ebay or Amazon because in a couple of years time those dolls will sell for over $100 each like a mint in box talking Vanellope does now.

I don't mean to criticize, but this is a bit of a ridiculous comparison to make. Frozen is currently the fifth highest grossing movie OF ALL TIME. It's the highest grossing animated movie, EVER. There is no way, NONE, that any other animated film is going to come anywhere near its total gross for a long, long, LONG time. Quite possibly not ever or at least not movie ticket prices rise to $50/ticket.

Big Hero 6 did quite well at the box office, taking in nearly half a billion dollars against a budget of about $165mil. Even when you double the budget of the film (which is done to factor in the costs of marketing the film, etc.) it still made Disney money. It just had the unfortunate scheduling of releasing in Frozen's shadow. At the time, and still, Frozen toys sell like hotcakes, and are taking up a huge chunk of real estate at Disney Stores. Designers for Disney Store are still focusing on Frozen merchandise (now Frozen Fever merch) which means merch for other films suffers. When Big Hero 6 was released it only got a tiny section of wall on the "boys" side of my local Disney Store stuck between the Evergreen Toy Story and Star Wars sections. Heck, that crappy Planes movie had an entire circular island of merch right across from Frozen's but BH6, hardly anything. Yet the castmembers all said that every time BH6 merch comes in it sells out almost instantly (which must be true as all the have now are Fredzilla plush, a book and a few t-shirts). Fortunately I got the dolls right before the movie came out.

They really dropped the ball on merching this film. Which really sucks as it's a FANTASTIC movie (I dunno what koobar is smoking o_O) with a lot of warmth and heart and OH NO CONTROVERSIAL OPINION is WAY better than Frozen. But I guess Disney just doesn't think there's as much money to be made from it so they will continue to suck Frozen's teats dry while greatly limiting products for other films.

Don't be expecting any LE dolls to release with the Bluray (we're not even getting an LE Cruella with 101 Dalmatians next week, sigh), nor should you expect restocks of BH6 stuff around the 24th. I don't recall Wreck-It Ralph getting any new merch or restocks when it was released on home media so the same thing will happen here. If you really want a BH6 item, grab it ASAP from ebay or Amazon because in a couple of years time those dolls will sell for over $100 each like a mint in box talking Vanellope does now.

*Slow Clap* PREACH!

I'm not sure what you exactly meant to criticize from my comment. I'm not offended or anything, but basically I was saying the same thing you did just in one sentence. I think for awhile everything will take a back step to Frozen for Disney as mostly anything Frozen is likely to be a big seller.

i do hope some of the merchandise will pop back up around the DVD release

Very well said. My one store is expecting new big hero dolls to come in within the next few weeks though, apparently. Hope it's true. They get their shipments on Wednesday and didn't get anything last week because of the snow so I pray to the doll god that there will be a GoGo.. Or 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back