• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Cheap booster sets on eBay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheap booster sets on eBay?

MintyTater

What's good?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I notice several people are selling booster packs or "lots" of booster packs for heavily discounted prices on eBay.

I'm pretty good at gauging authenticity for single pins, but these seem too good to be true. They appear to be unopened sets sealed in their original Parks packaging.

The thing that makes me think that they might be real is that most of the sets are older ones and the user reviews appear all or mostly positive.

I went ahead and bid on one to see what happens, but it makes me pretty curious as to why these are so cheap. Maybe they're from CM discounts or (gasp) stolen?

While I can't address the authenticity of the pins, I would not trust ratings/feedback on ebay for pin-sellers. Most/Many people who buy them dont know the difference between "authentic/real" pins vs. fake/scrapper pins...

I have, and I'm pretty curious about it. I haven't seen something like that before, and I figure if I get scrappers I'll at least be able to add some pictures and get scrapper alerts out. It's a gamble, but a cheap one, and if worse comes to worst I'll have a shot about reporting them for counterfeits or false advertising since they say "straight from the parks".

Interestingly enough, I notice the set went on sale almost right after it stopped being sold on the Disney website.

Last edited:
Fwiw, I've bought booster sets from eBay and had no problem with authenticity. Be aware that many booster sets end up in official Disney outlet stores for significantly lower prices than the parks. Add that to the CM discounts and they are being bought super cheap.

Dam it. I'm so sad to say I will never buy another pin unless it is at the parks and or if I know the seller and trust that I hey got it from the park. No the cherry on top of that comment. I will only get the pins for fun. After much research it is easy to now see the chains are off and the hobby has been played. Being able to buy all the same pins from the maker of the pins kind of takes the fun out and all your le numbers are bs. Can't be le if they just st make more to sell its on the side. To make it worse they will sell you the limited cards and little plastic to cover and now you have a on the card new le pin. Wow and a sad tear is all I have left. What a let down. Even if I knew it his would happen at some point.

WWWDD

Fwiw, I've bought booster sets from eBay and had no problem with authenticity. Be aware that many booster sets end up in official Disney outlet stores for significantly lower prices than the parks. Add that to the CM discounts and they are being bought super cheap.
you can't tell if its authentic. It comes from the same factory as the other pins. There for they are real fake bootleg pins. I just found a place to buy 100 boosters packs at a time. No way it's outlet. They don't send it back to Ghina to resell on the interweb here in the states. Sorry to give the bad news.

There is a Disney outlet store near me. They had quite a few of the 2015 booster set last year. I was able to buy this 7 pin set for anywhere between $5 and $15 over the course of about 4 months. I bought like 10 of them when they went down to $5. So you don't even have to be a cast member to get the booster sets at a steep discount. I don't know if the ebay pins are legit, but I just wanted to give you a bit of hope that they might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back