• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

D23 Event

Howdy y’all,

I know I haven’t been on here *checks watch* in a hot minute but:

I’m planning on attending the D23 Expo in August. I was wondering if there are any other forum members attending that would like to meet up and catch up!

Let me know! :D
Oh wow, hey man, good to see you around!

I'm not able to go but I hope you have lots of fun!

Howdy y’all,

I know I haven’t been on here *checks watch* in a hot minute but:

I’m planning on attending the D23 Expo in August. I was wondering if there are any other forum members attending that would like to meet up and catch up!

Let me know! :D
A "hot minute" indeed. Oh my gosh.

Welcome back. How's life treating you?

Good to see you all are still around! :D

Dude. Where have you been? How's school? Good to see you here.
I've been working mostly! I completed my degree in veterinary science, but I became a full-time aerospace engineer, picked up a bunch of new hobbies, and got diagnosed with lung cancer about two years ago now. Things have been interesting, but I am glad to see you too! Hope all has been well! :D

A "hot minute" indeed. Oh my gosh.

Welcome back. How's life treating you?
Yeah, my bad. I think my watch batteries died. I lost track of time! ;P

Life has been good all things considered, I hope you have been well!

Oh wow, hey man, good to see you around!

I'm not able to go but I hope you have lots of fun!

Tessa! I hope you have been well! Wish you could make it, but let me know if something comes out that you need!

HE LIVES!!!!

(Mushu voice of course)

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I don't even remember what happens in Mulan, I haven't seen that movie in 10 years lol.

Me when I saw a new post from you:

Me when I saw that bit about lung cancer:

I am so sorry. How’s it going right now, health wise? I’m glad you’re well enough to go to D23! Congrats on your veterinary stuff, and your current job! It sounds like you have accomplished a heck of a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me when I saw a new post from you:

Me when I saw that bit about lung cancer:

I am so sorry. How’s it going right now, health wise? I’m glad you’re well enough to go to D23! Congrats on your veterinary stuff, and your current job! It sounds like you have accomplished a heck of a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the laugh lol.

Some days are better than others, but I have good friends and family around me who help me on the bad days. Kinda like the friends I'm dragging to D23 with me who know nothing about pin trading or Disney. 😅

Good to see you all are still around! :D

I've been working mostly! I completed my degree in veterinary science, but I became a full-time aerospace engineer, picked up a bunch of new hobbies, and got diagnosed with lung cancer about two years ago now. Things have been interesting, but I am glad to see you too! Hope all has been well! :D

Yeah, my bad. I think my watch batteries died. I lost track of time! ;P

Life has been good all things considered, I hope you have been well!

Tessa! I hope you have been well! Wish you could make it, but let me know if something comes out that you need!

I don't even remember what happens in Mulan, I haven't seen that movie in 10 years lol.
Wow. It’s good to see you back. I’m adding you to my prayers. I hope you enjoy taking your friends to the celebration. Hopefully they will become crazy Disney people too.

I’ll be there. There is a GroupMe for DPFers going: 2024 D23 Ultimate Disney Fan Event

Is this your first time at D23? I tried to get some family members to join me but since I will do the overnight line if there is one, they said no way.

And welcome back!
Nice! I'm not sure if I'm doing the overnight line or not this time due to my health and the last time I went to D23 (2019 I think), I nearly got trampled to death and did the overnight line. Not sure if they have improved the line aspect of things or not. You'd be more than welcome to wait with us in line if you'd otherwise be alone! :D

Reactions: Ajk
Nice! I'm not sure if I'm doing the overnight line or not this time due to my health and the last time I went to D23 (2019 I think), I nearly got trampled to death and did the overnight line. Not sure if they have improved the line aspect of things or not. You'd be more than welcome to wait with us in line if you'd otherwise be alone! :D
I remember when you almost got trampled. :)

Not attending D23. Decided paying hundreds of $$ to wait in long lines 24 hours a day for a long weekend, with rude people (who become ruder as they get more tired, while my patience wears thin with them... as I am tired too), was not for me. Might change my mind someday, but right now, where I am at.

So very sorry to hear about the diagnosis of Lung Cancer. Thinking only positive thoughts for you.

I'm going to D23 for the first time and I'll be exhibiting there! (if anyone has any suggestions/tips/tricks to share, I'd love to hear them all!)

We're going to be showing off Disney Pinnacle to Disney fans for the first time and we're giving away a _lot_ of value, so hope to meet you there :D

Back