• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Determining Pin "Worth"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Determining Pin "Worth"

GrayTiger

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So I've just about gotten set up to try trading, I'm just waiting on a few packages from ebay. <3 I've got my pinpics account updated(I think I have everything in there) and my small traders listed. Here's my challenge...how does one determine worth when some information is missing? For instance, I'll have two Scar Propins to trade that seem to be less common(Pin #2758). I can't find an edition size for them, there's almost a 5 people wanting to one trading ratio, and I'm finding it listed on Ebay for about $35.00. How do I work out what this pin is worth against things like edition sizes, people wanting, people trading, etc?

For instance, how would the Scar Propin(#2758) trade with a DSF pin of Mufasa and Zazu(Pin #86114 and it's a LE of 300)?

I have things that are a match between my Tangled booster pins and my wants(Like pin #30691), yet the pin I'd be asking for seems like it might be worth more for the large number of people who want it, even though the edition is bigger.

I don't want to insult someone by making an unfair offer, but unless tradiing pin-for-pin the rules aren't very clear to me. Edition sizes, demand, money originally paid, AND Ebay prices seem to throw things up and down, but I don't know to what extent.

We all deal with this, struggle with it. Percieved worth is much different from person to person.

I base value off of a combination:
~ trades vs wants ratio.
~ perviously sold on ebay. ( not current offer/sale prices)
~edition size.

I find these things combined check and balance eachother. An LE1000 may sell for more than an LE 300, or they might have a crazy trades vs wants ratio.. Not to mention how bad I want it personally.

Bottom line, if you think its fair, offer the trade. The worst that will happen is they decline or dont respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back