• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dilemma

lunarbasket

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
So i've been going back and forth about this all day, and I thought i'd turn here for some opinions :)

I recently emptied a coin bank I had and found that there was quite a bit of money in there - close to $200! So I squirreled it away under the pretense that I was going to use it strictly on traders for an upcoming trading event in April.

Of course as i've been browsing the sale threads and ebay, i'm seeing all these pins I want for my collection instead :lol:

Before I started trading I thought that if I wanted a pin that badly, i'd just buy it myself rather than buy another pin to eventually trade for it. Now that i'm actually trading (and really enjoying it!), I can't decide!

Just looking for some opinions :) I probably have 5 messages started with a list of pins...of course i'm doing "one for trade...one for me" LOL

If the prices aren't bad I would totally buy the pins you actually want,esp if they are harder to get pins. Although I know what you mean about trading being super fun! but you never know how long it will take to get the pins you want with your traders. and then you might be mad at yourself for missing out on them when you had the chance. Ebay can be so evil sometimes with its temptingness!!! lol and once you get going its like you cant stop!! AH

I buy the pins I want most of the time, especially if it's a good deal or a fair price. I've passed on some pins and have actually "spend" more trading for it, since i've had to give up multiple pins. It's whatever makes you happy :) But if it's a pin you REALLY want, then just buy it :)

None of the pins are really my top wants, they're just pretty :lol:

I think I will do a little of both though, thanks! :)

I'd buy what you want. Gradually, as your collection grows, you will start to find that some pins you thought would be keepers will move to traders and that is how your traders will eventually grow. I'd only seek out buying traders if they are on sale or if you just know it is going to be a hot pin.

IMO, I like to spend on traders since you usually get more bang for your buck- the downside is that it takes time. If you're in no hurry I'd buy traders. If you're in a hurry, look on the bay. You might find a great deal!

You might be happier spending the majority of your pennies on buying the pins you really want, as long as the prices are reasonable. Pins bought as traders don't always end up being tradable for the pins you really want.

With some of the leftover pennies, you can buy a few traders, just for fun.

I recommend trading and buying in phases. Build your traders for a time, then trade for your wants, and vice versa. You can continue to switch phases, change things up, and keep the pin hunt interesting. Half the fun of pin trading for me is the hunt for my most coveted pins!

~Gargress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back